The Painting Contract - April 2019

Hello folks and welcome to the Painting Contract for April 2019!

If you don't know the rules they are:

Each month you post an amount of models that you agree to try to paint/build/convert/sculpt. This can be terrain or models for Age Of Sigmar, Blood Bowl, Blitz Bowl, Warhammer Underworlds, Warhammer Quest Silver Tower / Shadows Over Hammerhal, or Gorechosen.

On the 28th of the month the contract closes and you can then post your progress images so that they can be critiqued, shared and boasted about. It is a great way to get involved in the community and to get inspiration.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone share their progress!

Enjoy!

@Mohojoe  &  @TheOtherJosh

I set out an overall target for my slayer army last month, but I think that’s out the window for now until the new books out, so I’m planning one box at a time

this month I’m aiming for 10 more vulkites painted, and to get some colour on a runemaster I’ve had sitting on the shelf for about 2 years now. 

Stretch goal will be another 5 vulkites or 5 Auric Hearthguard. 

So last months stretch become this months goal. But most excitingly... that would also mean cleaning all Skaven Backlog! Happy days... if I succeed.

1. Convert-paint Rat Ogor

2. 9 Rat mix of clanrats & gutter runners

3. Convert-paint Thanquol and Boneripper. Will be a lot of work to let the old skool models be as impressive as the new, but I got them thoughts! 

3. Alternative 3: build a proof of concept for a destroyed city terrain piece  

Picture off the first rat ogre mock up. Currently finishing the green stuff connections.

211A77F3-853D-4E34-AD93-B19188B1E2E2.jpeg.83438b3b8dc37a1fe287672ef142b277.jpeg

Edited by Kramer

Completely failed the last time I made a pledge, hopefully I’ll stay motivated and have a bit more time in April so-

finish 20 plague monks and an Arch Warlock (fingers crossed I’ll have them done by the end of this weekend)

20 clanrats

warlock bombardier

3 stormfiends.

if I can force myself to sit down for at least an hour every evening these shouldn’t be too Unrealistic!

also just realised if I knock out a warp lightening vortex as well I’ll have 1000pts fully painted so I’ll add that as a stretch! 

Edited by Xelotath

)Back on the wagon!

This month is going to be a backlog clearing month for me. In priority order:

• Classic Great Unclean One 
  • Three pox leapers
  • Three bile troggoths
  • Khorgorath
  • Classic keeper of secrets
  • Exalted flamer
  • 10 classic horrors

Stretch goals:

• New great unclean one. 
  • 3 plague drones
  • NPCs for my d&d campaign

Well, I made last months on the last day... I will aim for 10 more orruk boyz. A second 10 if I am very motivated.

Edit: 8 down, 2 to go...

c'est fini

20190427_165845.jpg.94a6da0ec884dc5e92f27ee9ec659ea0.jpg

Well, mostly. I will probably do more to the bases at some stage, and perhaps some war paint to keep up the theme that they are going a little weird... I hope this isn't for nothing and that the Greenskinz will be resurrected in a future tome, or they will be stand in Hard Boyz or Savage Arrer boyz... I also don't know which 10 I finished this month, so I added all 20. Oh, and I will add something to the banner one day, some free hand or a decal or two.

Edited by kaaras
Completed

I don’t think I will have a chance to play for a while so April is to get my Khorne army ready for my new Battle Tome.

April Pianting goals

-Finish my Herdstone

- Build, Prime & Paint 2 Judgements of Khorne

- Build, Prince & Paint Skull Alter of Khorne

Stretch

- Isn’t that stretchy enough for your April??? 

- Ok fine, Build & Prime Skulltajer & the new Blood Letter Herald.

So after last month I have a large number of built models that need painting. So it’s now time to work through them. This month I pledge to paint

Gloomtide shipwreck

10 namarti thralls

Knight invocator

I would also like to prime the various built models and build my Khinerai unit.

On 3/28/2019 at 11:45 PM, Azamar said:

I set out an overall target for my slayer army last month, but I think that’s out the window for now until the new books out, so I’m planning one box at a time

this month I’m aiming for 10 more vulkites painted, and to get some colour on a runemaster I’ve had sitting on the shelf for about 2 years now. 

Stretch goal will be another 5 vulkites or 5 Auric Hearthguard. 

Well, we’re not quite in April but thanks to a long weekend and a few more spare hours than usual and I’m cracking through the vulkites. Amazing how the news of a new book can motivate you :) 

B98F418D-BCCE-46C7-9003-DE41B70DA1B5.jpeg

Edited by Azamar

Alright, March wasn't great for me.
So in April I will try and:
Finish HPA for my Skaven friend
Paint Arch-Regent, FEC Endless Spells and Charnel Throne IF those finally arrive

10 Liberators and Lord-Veritant as stretch goal

Edited by XReN

I just managed to finish my march goal of 1 knight incantor and gryphound. I really liked painting the beast, and that’s good because I bought a box and have another 6 of them. I really like the idea of a hunting pack of gryphounds.

so for this month I pledge :

-build, base and paint 6 gryphounds.

And as a stretch I’ll add these goals :

-texture and paint my 4*3 board so I can start playing some real games

-build and base my 30 or so brettonian men at arms, able to assist and worship my small stormcast warband 🤓