Another try at undivided chaos, this time with a nurgle lean - 2k points

Bronouns

I'm looking to build on the models I have and create the best "undivided good stuff" chaos list for the points.  My collection includes pretty much all the demons I could want, all the heroes from rotbringers, 3x khorne from starter, several conversions including a hellcannon, and a smattering or rats.

4x Plaguebearers

2x Blightkings

1x hellcannon

1x sayl the faithless

3x stormfiends with warpfire projectors

1x the glottkin

The idea with Sayl is to put the stormfiends in range, and throw the slow moving nurgle guys around.  Alternatively the StD sorc would be good with the hellcannon.

I'm worried I have a low model count here for book missions, but seemingly some good staying power?

Surely undivided would be just slaves to darkness and daemons of chaos? it might be better to call this army chaos united or something.:P

but.

lack of synergy as, glottkin only buffs blightkings an plaguebearers, and sayl using his ability on the stormfiends is a bit wasted as they can tunnel, 9" away from enemy and then you'd have 6d3 mortal wounds, that combined with the hellcannon will wipe most units from the table so i wouldn't worry about objective capture if you can just wipe the units from the table lol, they have to deal with the stormfiends once they turn up, so you can capture objectives with the plaguebearers. an use the hellcannon to cover the stormfiends while people deal with them. but yeah its nice, sayl might be a bit wasted i think due to the amount of ranged you have, the chaos sorcerer as you said is probably better

8 minutes ago, Arkiham said:

Surely undivided would be just slaves to darkness and daemons of chaos? it might be better to call this army chaos united or something.:P

but.

lack of synergy as, glottkin only buffs blightkings an plaguebearers, and sayl using his ability on the stormfiends is a bit wasted as they can tunnel, 9" away from enemy and then you'd have 6d3 mortal wounds, that combined with the hellcannon will wipe most units from the table so i wouldn't worry about objective capture if you can just wipe the units from the table lol, they have to deal with the stormfiends once they turn up, so you can capture objectives with the plaguebearers. an use the hellcannon to cover the stormfiends while people deal with them. but yeah its nice, sayl might be a bit wasted i think due to the amount of ranged you have, the chaos sorcerer as you said is probably better

That's sort of what i'm getting at with "undivided" or "good stuff".  I don't feel that doing foulrain with epidemus in the hellcannon/stormfiend slot packs as much of a punch.  But yes, it is more synergy.  I'll call it "good stuff" going forward as I had forgotten that "undivided" had fluff connotations.

As for the burrowing to 9" away, I want to be able to shoot something my first turn with fiends and their range is 8.  Also the burrower to me means one less guy that can shoot.  Is an alpha strike not that important in AOS?  I do realize that I remove them from any screen options if I throw them across the board.

1 minute ago, Arkiham said:

ah yeah i see, i didnt read the too in depth. 

hmm yeah id say the list looks pretty good tbh, if youre going to tournaments im unsure what the ruling is on legacy scrolls ( hellcannon an sayl ) 

Sayl is legacy?  Thought he was just Forgeworld.

Yeah, i think sayl plus stormfiends is sort of like Thanquol plus deceiver at a fraction of the points.  Maybe there's something in skaven that can make them run and shoot?  That would eliminate the need for Sayl.

• 2 months later...

Archived