Fifty Shelves of grey

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, King Taloren said:

A good drink could help players. Least those of us old enough.

Maybe Games Workshop has made a deal with Guinness!?! 

Warhammer Stout!

Bugmans in Warhammer World has some nice beers. Not quite like Guinness but I think they do have a stout if I remember correctly (not had an alcoholic drink there for years as normally driving... :( )

Anyway on topic....

I think this is an airbrush or something like that

image.png.e2119bf97b9011bedc99430976a83129.png

10 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Bugmans in Warhammer World has some nice beers. Not quite like Guinness but I think they do have a stout if I remember correctly (not had an alcoholic drink there for years as normally driving... :( )

Anyway on topic....

I think this is an airbrush or something like that

image.png.e2119bf97b9011bedc99430976a83129.png

Meh, could still be a person.  They are quite big in relation to models.... ;)

Based on their answers on instagram comments, it’s not pre-painted or coloured plastics. Plus if it was that they wouldn’t show someone who already has grey minis waiting to be painted...

i would bet on airbrush / spray gun too. They’d have to strike the right balance on price and easy maintenance though. Airbrushing ain’t easy and I think they need something beginner friendly to really sell enough. Right now the kind of people who airbrush are also the most likely to go outside of GW for a quality tool. 

If it is an air-brush, it's going to need to be new-user friendly. That means little to no assembly or moving parts (except for maybe some different nozzle heads, but i wouldn't bet on that). Simply works out of the box, plugged into a wall.

Considering that many "experienced" painters buy their paints, brushes, and accessories from competitors that have a strong niche, this new product (just like all of Citadel's products) have to catch the newer, less experienced hobbyists.

27 minutes ago, Scurfturf said:

If it is an air-brush, it's going to need to be new-user friendly. That means little to no assembly or moving parts

I don't expect them to reinvent anything, but would be nice if they did.

I think if they don't then it will still be able to reel in beginners to the hobby. If anyone could make a set of quick, simple tutorials on using an airbrush that a beginner could understand, it would be GW.

1 minute ago, PJetski said:

I would actually really like a spray paint handle that could hold multiple models for batch spraying

That actually might be a really good guess. The way their description is worded, I think it's got to be something pretty simple. I guess they could do an easy to use airbrush, but I'm not really sure how they do that. Of course I'd be happy if they put their air brush paints in a usable container. Seriously, whether you like their normal pots or not, you can at least make a sensible argument for them for regular paints, but I can say the same for their air brush paints being in pots.

40 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

...Of course I'd be happy if they put their air brush paints in a usable container. Seriously, whether you like their normal pots or not, you can at least make a sensible argument for them for regular paints, but I can say the same for their air brush paints being in pots.

What's more likely I think than a re-design of the paint pots is an airbrush that fits the current pots, to incentivize people using citadel paints use the citadel airbrush.

7 hours ago, Forrix said:

I'd pay good money for an Airbrush that doesn't require me to constantly disassemble and scrub down every part to avoid clogs. I like Airbrushing but I do a lot of my painting in 30mins to 1hr sessions due to my schedule and makes airbrushing awkward.

That's sadly a side effect of spraying acrylic through an airbrush.

Maybe a single action airbrush, intended just for basecoats. Simple to use, and fewer parts to break. Those things can get pretty fiddly, not sure they want to sell dual action that’ll be jammed and broken within a week (without proper training).

I’m certainly curious now. 

19 minutes ago, amysrevenge said:

Dropper bottles?

Considering I just bought a load of them - and some glass beads - and a nail polish shaker because quite a few of my (neglected) paints are going solid/firm then yeah it could be dropper bottles ;)

5 minutes ago, Overread said:

Considering I just bought a load of them - and some glass beads - and a nail polish shaker because quite a few of my (neglected) paints are going solid/firm then yeah it could be dropper bottles ;)

Taking one for the team - I can appreciate that hahahaha

If it's "something huge" all I can think of is a machine that paints models according to a program and paint you feed it. Like one of those auto-ironing clothes machines:

foldimate.jpg

Probably not. But I can see GW producing something like that in 2050 :P

My first guess was quickshader like Armypainter, but now I'm more on the airbrush side. Would doubt it to be a "regular" model as the market has enough of those, but probably a quick starter version or even disposable in some sort of way.

Use once, throw away and must go to the store buy a new one. Yup, that sounds like something GW would do :D

A little different to what others have guessed, but I'm wondering if its a range of shade-like paints akin to the Hexwraith Flame and Nighthaunt Gloom.  If they released a large colour range of paints which create a similar effect they could definitely be used to rapidly increase paint speed...? 

6 minutes ago, Lure Of The Gods said:

A little different to what others have guessed, but I'm wondering if its a range of shade-like paints akin to the Hexwraith Flame and Nighthaunt Gloom.  If they released a large colour range of paints which create a similar effect they could definitely be used to rapidly increase paint speed...? 

I'm thinking the same. I have seen many mini's painted by multiple layer of shades on a light basecoat and they look very nice. This new line  of shades   could be that they require only one layer then a drybrush to finish the mini.

Archived