Hedonites of Slaanesh

I try to stay positive, but......

No mortals with this release would be a huge slap in the face to Slaanesh fans that have been waiting years for this book, and it just doesn't make any sense. We know from the lore that there are still mortal followers of The Dark Prince, and we know there are concepts for how these models would potentially look based on art and stories that have been released. Why would Slaanesh be singled out amongst the Chaos Gods to not have specific mortal models? 

I keep hearing people say that the warcry stuff will fill this role; if thats the case that sinks unless those models are including in the book. 

We still have a few weeks, so maybe they are just waiting to the absolute last min to ****** with us for some reason, but I for one will be really disappointed if there is no mortal support. Especially after using the boobsnake picture in the articles.

I mean why?

2 minutes ago, TheRedWizard said:

I try to stay positive, but......

No mortals with this release would be a huge slap in the face to Slaanesh fans that have been waiting years for this book, and it just doesn't make any sense. We know from the lore that there are still mortal followers of The Dark Prince, and we know there are concepts for how these models would potentially look based on art and stories that have been released. Why would Slaanesh be singled out amongst the Chaos Gods to not have specific mortal models? 

I keep hearing people say that the warcry stuff will fill this role; if thats the case that sinks unless those models are including in the book. 

We still have a few weeks, so maybe they are just waiting to the absolute last min to ****** with us for some reason, but I for one will be really disappointed if there is no mortal support. Especially after using the boobsnake picture in the articles.

I mean why?

It could be their gag-order response, if I was GW I would go into damage control and show part of the mortal line-up tomorrow to reassure people instead of keeping it to week 2 if it is there. Since overall looking across the web quite a few people are unhappy. Hell on bolter and chainsword some people are agahast/shocked/sad that there might be no mortals for AOS. 

When the normal users who don't look into things find out that there might not be any mortals in this new book there is going to be a tsunami of salt heading GW's way. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, shinros said:

It could be their gag-order response, if I was GW I would go into damage control and show part of the mortal line-up tomorrow to reassure people instead of keeping it to week 2 if it is there. Since overall looking across the web quite a few people are unhappy. Hell on bolter and chainsword some people are agahast/shocked/sad that there might be no mortals for AOS. 

When the normal users who don't look into things find out that there might not be any mortals in this new book there is going to be a tsunami of salt heading GW's way. 

Well yeah everywhere (here, FB, WoS, Dakka, etc.) at least a few people are (rightfully) asking for Mortals... And yet in a few hours the trailer got more than 500 likes the AOS page.

As it looks like "this is it", I'll do my recap of the release (counting Wrath and Rapture in) : 

- Good tier : 

The Keeper Of Secrets (and the options)

Syll'Esske (aka Xerxes and Artemise)

The Infernal Enrapturess 

The new  Fiends

(As I quite like the existing Slaanesh range, from the Exalted Seeker Chariot to the Hellstriders, I'll add them here too)

- Ok tier : 

The Masque (well I didn't liked its previous iteration so... but it's a great sculpt just not my cup of tea). 

Shalaxi Helbane (the paint job and the hair maybe ?)

- Bad tier : 

The Fane of Slaanesh (can go to OK if the cartoon KOS head can be easily removed).

The Endless spells (seriously WTF, after the Khorne and the FEC ones I thought they learn to make them less cartoony...)

The Mirror girls (the mirror is ok but looks too 40k, and the 2 girls do not fit at all IMO : ugly cartoon insectoid faces, too civilized and modern clothing and haircut)

THE LACK OF MORTALS (that horse will be double dead by tomorrow).

Edited by HorticulusTGA

Just as excited about the release as I was with the Adepticon reveal. I'll be pre-ordering the CE and Battle Tome (as well as spells, cards, etc) from my FLGS this weekend. Don't care about mortals personally, don't need them and if I do its a great chance to work on some Chaos Warrior/Knight conversions. 

Edited by SwampHeart

I’m mean.... I’m torn up. Winter 2016 the daemonettes were made to order and I did a heavily converted mortal meets daemon Slaanesh army. 

So I’m over the moon the named keeper of secrets that will match my warriors more of less. Shield and spear, maybe change the hair a bit to match the helmets more  

B9954AA5-3466-45D0-8134-F5B06B90F9FA.jpeg.d1668661ad7e733ea67dea01bcc7aa24.jpeg

95F21843-C61D-4A83-9720-31E7F3568295.jpeg.78fe51069f4deb43a2c19598e30591ea.jpeg

so there is still so much coolness to be done. But it makes it a bit of an hobby army in my mind. And if you look at the tandem hero... they could definitely make an amazing Slaanesh mortal unit  

So do I focus on the missed chance or the cool addition that are there... I’m thinking it will stay a hobby army for me  

* last time i’ll Brag about the models ;) 

Edited by Kramer
  • Like 7

Not sure the changes to the command traits for the hosts are that good, but the additional ways to generate depravity points are interesting.

Pretenders ‘heir to the throne’ ability mentions units with missile weapons with 10+ models. Didn’t think there was a Slaaneshi ranged unit with 10 models.

Regardless, I Definitely think there will be Slaaneshi themed models coming with Warcry.

7 minutes ago, Starfyre said:

Not sure the changes to the command traits for the hosts are that good, but the additional ways to generate depravity points are interesting.

Pretenders ‘heir to the throne’ ability mentions units with missile weapons with 10+ models. Didn’t think there was a Slaaneshi ranged unit with 10 models.

Regardless, I Definitely think there will be Slaaneshi themed models coming with Warcry.

Ungor raiders and marauder horsemen qualify for this. 

Difficult to tell a lot about that article without knowing about the rest of the changes. The Daemonette ability of generating extra hits being made an allegiance ability is really good and the change for bigger units works out about the same.

The now Godseekers host ability getting nerfed a bit I kind of expected. Being able to summon units in at 9" from then enemy and then only need to roll a 7 to make the charge was a bit too good and the supposed downside wasn't even that with Slaanesh movement.

Be interesting to see if Devotee of Torment sticks around  and if it does where it goes. Seeing as it's stupidly good at the moment it wouldn't shock me if it vanishes.

I do wonder if the depravity point costs will stay the same. I feel I generate a good amount as it is so being able to get even more from both abilities and Mortal wounds seems a bit much based on just the article but who knows. 

It seems to imply that heralds might be becoming wizards again which would be great. It mentions daemon wizards and then talks about Greater Daemon wizards as they're own thing. Song of Secrets seems really good although obviously it depends on the army you're against. 

Really curious to see how the profile for the Keeper of Secrets changes now. If it goes up to 12 wounds, that's 11 depravity points and so nearly half another Keeper to be summoned if the costs don't change. I'd be willing to take one just to throw it away against some multi wound unit, all the time gleefully taunting my opponent that the more they actually damage my characters the faster I can bring new ones back.

Pretty happy with the daemon stuff on there in general but then again I was happy with the daemon side to begin with. After having thought about things more since the release yesterday I wonder if they're going to roll the Khorne Bloodbound units and Tzeentch Acolytes into the new StD/Darkoath stuff like they did with the Tzaangors into Beasts. I always thought that Slaanesh mortals should mirror Khorne in a way and that would be a good way to do it if it opens up a bunch of choices with maybe a few Slaanesh mortal units much like they tended to do with the cult troops in 40k. Slaangors I never felt really fit anyway and it's a good other side to the more beastial choices available to Nurgle and Tzeentch. Probably wishful thinking though.

Edited by firebat
grammar of a skaven

27 minutes ago, firebat said:

Difficult to tell a lot about that article without knowing about the rest of the changes. The Daemonette ability of generating extra hits being made an allegiance ability is really good and the change for bigger units works out about the same.

The now Godseekers host ability getting nerfed a bit I kind of expected. Being able to summon units in at 9" from then enemy and then only need to roll a 7 to make the charge was a bit too good and the supposed downside wasn't even that with Slaanesh movement.

Be interesting to see if Devotee of Torment sticks around  and if it does where it goes. Seeing as it's stupidly good at the moment it wouldn't shock me if it vanishes.

I do wonder if the depravity point costs will stay the same. I feel I generate a good amount as it is so being able to get even more from both abilities and Mortal wounds seems a bit much based on just the article but who knows. 

It seems to imply that heralds might be becoming wizards again which would be great. It mentions daemon wizards and then talks about Greater Daemon wizards as they're own thing. Song of Secrets seems really good although obviously it depends on the army you're against. 

Really curious to see how the profile for the Keeper of Secrets changes now. If it goes up to 12 wounds, that's 11 depravity points and so nearly half another Keeper to be summoned if the costs don't change. I'd be willing to take one just to throw it away against some multi wound unit, all the time gleefully taunting my opponent that the more they actually damage my characters the faster I can bring new ones back.

Pretty happy with the daemon stuff on there in general but then again I was happy with the daemon side to begin with. After having thought about things more since the release yesterday I wonder if they're going to roll the Khorne Bloodbound units and Tzeentch Acolytes into the new StD/Darkoath stuff like they did with the Tzaangors into Beasts. I always thought that Slaanesh mortals should mirror Khorne in a way and that would be a good way to do it if it opens up a bunch of choices with maybe a few Slaanesh mortal units much like they tended to do with the cult troops in 40k. Slaangors I never felt really fit anyway and it's a good other side to the more beastial choices available to Nurgle and Tzeentch. Probably wishful thinking though.

Might refer to mortal wizard options though. But we’ll see :) 

Fully with you on the daemonettes thing becoming army wide. Not only makes it easier but now it applies to std allies as well. Making it feel like a more coherent force as a result. 

Last point is, yes you’re right it’s hard to judge without the book so we’ll see in a few weeks :) 

1 minute ago, Kramer said:

Might refer to mortal wizard options though. But we’ll see :) 

Fully with you on the daemonettes thing becoming army wide. Not only makes it easier but now it applies to std allies as well. Making it feel like a more coherent force as a result. 

Last point is, yes you’re right it’s hard to judge without the book so we’ll see in a few weeks :) 

No it specifically mentions daemon wizards as different from mortal wizards:

"Regardless of which of the hosts you choose, your Slaanesh Wizards will have three spell lores to choose from, each offering new ways to beguile your foes – or obliterate them. Daemon Wizards, for example, will be able to shred hordes with Hysterical Frenzy."

"Mortal Wizards, on the other hand, have access to a suite of cunning sorceries like Battle Rapture – a fantastic option for shielding a large unit of Chaos Knights or Hellstriders from battleshock tests."

then

"Greater Daemon Wizards – that’s Shalaxi Helbane and the Keeper of Secrets – have some of the very best options in the book. Song of Secrets allows you to squeeze loads of depravity points out of your enemies, while Slothful Stupor can completely shut down enemy Heroes."

7 minutes ago, firebat said:

No it specifically mentions daemon wizards as different from mortal wizards:

"Regardless of which of the hosts you choose, your Slaanesh Wizards will have three spell lores to choose from, each offering new ways to beguile your foes – or obliterate them. Daemon Wizards, for example, will be able to shred hordes with Hysterical Frenzy."

"Mortal Wizards, on the other hand, have access to a suite of cunning sorceries like Battle Rapture – a fantastic option for shielding a large unit of Chaos Knights or Hellstriders from battleshock tests."

then

"Greater Daemon Wizards – that’s Shalaxi Helbane and the Keeper of Secrets – have some of the very best options in the book. Song of Secrets allows you to squeeze loads of depravity points out of your enemies, while Slothful Stupor can completely shut down enemy Heroes."

You’re right! Seems way more likely then! Just thinking if theirs anything else they could mean but currently nothing I think. 

Prices leaked. 140 for Keeper, 50 for the twins (Contorted Epitome), and the prince/herald. 25 for the masque. 35 for both spells and terrain and regular edition of book. Fiends and Enrapturess are all released at 50 and 40 a piece. All prices USD.

1 hour ago, HammerOfSigmar said:

slaanesh gets the buff  which Khorne need 8 blood tile to get and the Khorne's version is slightly worse.

Well rather than getting points for damage it’s points for death. So a unit of 40 Bloodreavers is 1 point same as 10. Granted they give no depravity to Slaanesh but a unit of 10 Blood Warriors is 1 Blood Tithe for Khorne but 10 Depravity for Slaanesh... etc... 

All the summoning points should be in the magickal multiples to teach the kids more math.

I saw a player at the Adepticon Championships had 13 Enrapturesses in his army tray, I think all but 3 or 4 were for summoning.  He said he could generate depravity pts by shooting stuff with them, then chaining the summoned ones, and so on and so forth.  I wonder if that will still be a thing?  Interesting trick, but that's too redundant and boring for Slaanesh isn't it?  Or is that appropriate excess?

2 hours ago, Lord Krungharr said:

All the summoning points should be in the magickal multiples to teach the kids more math.

I saw a player at the Adepticon Championships had 13 Enrapturesses in his army tray, I think all but 3 or 4 were for summoning.  He said he could generate depravity pts by shooting stuff with them, then chaining the summoned ones, and so on and so forth.  I wonder if that will still be a thing?  Interesting trick, but that's too redundant and boring for Slaanesh isn't it?  Or is that appropriate excess?

May have been me. I had 6 in list 13 for summoning. Zoo/safari theme

• Like 2