Hedonites of Slaanesh

12 hours ago, Enoby said:

Anyone want to hazard a guess what this will do? Just such a bizarre model (not in a bad way, mind you!) 

bee2119.jpg

I think it might be a new summoning portal. 

But k have to admit I’d love the suggestion that the gimmick of the army might be to influence and redirect enemy movement.

13 hours ago, Lucentia said:

My guess based purely on the design would be that the scenery piece provides some rules to do with summoning, and probably some way to tempt or lure nearby enemy units? 

I love the idea of it as a lure, pulling enemy units towards it if they stray too close. Or maybe slowing their movement as they struggle to move away.

8 hours ago, Skabnoze said:

I get the impression that the release is still a ways off based on how they structured those teasers.  We know they don’t do simultaneous releases so all of that stuff will come in various windows.  Right now we are in the middle of a fairly large 40k model release cycle.  Fyreslayers will probably follow that up.  The community teams seems smart enough that they are saving something from each release in order to hype it up.

Also every Chaos faction to date has a contingent of mortals.  Why would Slaanesh be any different?  If anything Slaanesh should have arguably the easiest time recruiting.  I expect that as much as GW has been making a very big deal about Slaanesh in the lore that they will have a release at least as large as Gloomspite and that release was teased in multiple model release waves.  We were analyzing fuzzy images from the book in paused frames from the battletome video for a couple of weeks.  This will probably be the same thing.

I don’t disagree with anything you’re saying, just skeptical by default. 😁

If we do get Slaanesh mortals than I’m going to have to build a big combined Chaos mortal army, units from every God. Got a Khorne army but Slaanesh means I would have to get Nurgle and Tzeentch too. Don’t ask me about my logic, that’s just how it is.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ManlyMuppet88 said:

I don’t disagree with anything you’re saying, just skeptical by default. 😁

If we do get Slaanesh mortals than I’m going to have to build a big combined Chaos mortal army, units from every God. Got a Khorne army but Slaanesh means I would have to get Nurgle and Tzeentch too. Don’t ask me about my logic, that’s just how it is.

No harm in being skeptical.  I have played GW games since the late 80s so I tend to be skeptical by default as well.  That said, GW has traditionally operated in patterns - which makes sense since they are a business and have been growing more corporate as the years pass.  

So far they are prone to changing those operating patterns with little warning, but they also tend to stick with them a fair bit when they are successful.  Right now I get the feeling that they are in the middle of a solid release pattern that is working very well for them so I expect it will continue for a while.

Slaanesh is arguably one of the biggest releases they can make.  Remember that a lot of the Chaos releases (all demon releases) cross over for both 40k and AoS.  If they don’t release the full faction all at once and instead do a couple waves over a timespan of a couple months then it makes sense to release Demons first and then follow it later with a mortals release and the 40k Emperor’s Children. 

However, I think they will release AoS mortals along with this battletome.  They said it has 3 allegiances and I expect at least one of those is a pure mortals allegiance.  They have never for AoS released an army book that does not have all of the models for that book available within that release wave (even if they drag it out for multiple weeks).

The release of Slaanesh is a big deal for both AoS and 40k.  SHe has been Fairly absent from both games for a while now.  When they correct that it will most likely be a big event for both games.  I certainly expect it will be more than a couple heroes and the Greater Demon.

I think we can make a case for a lot of armies that justifiable need new/updated models. I think right now GW's game plan for AoS is to get all armies onto 2.0 battletomes. Some are getting very little some are getting nothing and some will only get a bit. We can all see more potential for more Slaanesh models but I think that we are getting what we are getting because GW just hasn't got space/investment left for more than that at this stage. The Battletome alone is a major thing because it brings the army up to modern standard and cements it as remaining (no more squatting slaanesh!) 

It removes the biggest barrier to people starting an AoS Slaanesh army. 

In the fullness of time I'm sure we will get more, but right now I think we've got what we've got 

14 minutes ago, NurglesFirstChosen said:

What we do know is that we haven’t seen all the new Hedonites of Slaanesh models - they confirmed this during the conference at adepticon. No idea what they were referring to though. 

Good news. If there is a mortal range I hope it's in the same vein of the giant dude.

Was it confirmed that there was more coming? GW didn't name or give details on the two deamons dancing around a mirror and they didn't give a picture or name to the terrain feature portal that is seen in the video. So it could be that they just mean more details on those two models. 

1 hour ago, Overread said:

Was it confirmed that there was more coming? GW didn't name or give details on the two deamons dancing around a mirror and they didn't give a picture or name to the terrain feature portal that is seen in the video. So it could be that they just mean more details on those two models. 

According to the video on Vince Venturellas YouTube channel, gw said there’s more than what we’ve seen. 

What did they actually say about this @Thomas Lyons ?

Edited by NurglesFirstChosen

24 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Do you think the KoS will get a new Warscroll and a new Data Sheet? (They‘re both currently meh) =}

Almost certainly because it will likely have several forms and also a complete revision - don't forget the new model is much much bigger than the original. Heck the original is probably going to be around the size of the new Prince (and would likely do as a neat stand-in for one)

21 hours ago, Enoby said:

Anyone want to hazard a guess what this will do? Just such a bizarre model (not in a bad way, mind you!) 

bee2119.jpg

Easy its old sigvald the magnificent shield rules but casted on the enemy. Either this model or the endless spell does it.

sigvald the magnificent was a WFB lord of chaos who was so handsome that there was a chance he would admire his own reflection on his perfectly shiny shield... instead of fighting the battle :)

22 minutes ago, azmodan said:

Easy its old sigvald the magnificent shield rules but casted on the enemy. Either this model or the endless spell does it.

sigvald the magnificent was a WFB lord of chaos who was so handsome that there was a chance he would admire his own reflection on his perfectly shiny shield... instead of fighting the battle :)

Maybe it is Sigvald himself. In the Malign Portents book, there is a "Magnificent Mirror" in which is trapped the vainest soul ever to have existed. This could be it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 3/30/2019 at 12:36 PM, Overread said:

I would pretty much guarantee that this isn't everything, the last huge release we had for aos (the gloomspite) had about a dozen new kits and they missed several of them in the first vid they showed of them, and I don't really see why they wouldn't give mortals to these guys when the other gods have them and there is already one unit of mortal followers, it be rather dumb.

2 hours ago, Dalton said:

I would pretty much guarantee that this isn't everything, the last huge release we had for aos (the gloomspite) had about a dozen new kits and they missed several of them in the first vid they showed of them, and I don't really see why they wouldn't give mortals to these guys when the other gods have them and there is already one unit of mortal followers, it be rather dumb.

well some of them where teased in the background like the Trolls, mangler squig and Gobblapoloza, did anybody see anything unusual in the video background beside the extreme close up of the Terrain?

granted people did know more stuff was coming for Gitz because they literally said it on the community page

On 3/30/2019 at 2:44 PM, JackStreicher said:

Do you think the KoS will get a new Warscroll and a new Data Sheet? (They‘re both currently meh) =}

Meh is being generous. They are really bad. Although the slaanesh lesser demon warscroll is incredibly good I dont feel all that bad. 

Edited by sal4m4nd3r

I hope we do get mortal kits but...

if you compare  the Slaanesh release to the releases for the past 12 months, the big releases with lots of new kits (Idoneth, Daughters, Gloomspite) had trailers over a matter of days or weeks.

the smaller releases (Beasts, Skaven, Khorne) didn’t really have trailers over an extended period - they had Community previews.

if a big release (i.e. lots of kits) has trailers to build the excitement, I would guess that the previews of Slaanesh stuff we have seen are the majority of releases -for Slaanesh. In fact we could have seen all the kits to be released.  It could be that the Keeper and the mirror thing have duel kits (the special character Keeper in the case of the Keeper).

this coupled with the fact that GW have said that the new stuff will be for 40k as well leads me to think that we may not see any mortals or Slaangor any time soon

On 4/3/2019 at 5:15 AM, Russ said:

this coupled with the fact that GW have said that the new stuff will be for 40k as well leads me to think that we may not see any mortals or Slaangor any time soon

When did GW say that? We had it as a rumour a few days ago but I don’t think it was linked to GW.

On 4/2/2019 at 8:15 PM, Russ said:

I hope we do get mortal kits but...

if you compare  the Slaanesh release to the releases for the past 12 months, the big releases with lots of new kits (Idoneth, Daughters, Gloomspite) had trailers over a matter of days or weeks.

the smaller releases (Beasts, Skaven, Khorne) didn’t really have trailers over an extended period - they had Community previews.

if a big release (i.e. lots of kits) has trailers to build the excitement, I would guess that the previews of Slaanesh stuff we have seen are the majority of releases -for Slaanesh. In fact we could have seen all the kits to be released.  It could be that the Keeper and the mirror thing have duel kits (the special character Keeper in the case of the Keeper).

It’s true they said the models had 40k rules also, although saying that it’s not completely clear if that referred to the full release or what was shown in the vid/pics. 

Also, don’t tzaangors have 40k rules also? I’m not a 40k player so aren’t sure, but if so slaangors could be possible either way.

Slaangor could be possibe, but I think unlikely. Some form of Beastmen doesn’t really fit Slaanesh being graceful. Looking at the Daemons, that seems to be the route GW are taking.

i am not saying there aren’t gonna be Slaangor or mortals, just putting the rumours together to get a better picture of what could happen

11 minutes ago, Russ said:

Some form of Beastmen doesn’t really fit Slaanesh being graceful

I dunno, whilst I have no idea if Slaangor will be a thing at all (and tbh have little to no skin in this game) I think you could quite easily do Slaanesh worshipping beastmen by just leaning into satyr myths. 

I'd be down for a mob of drunk, lascivious and priapic goat/horse headed beastmen assembling in the wilds under a  sallow, gluttonous moon to play eldritch pipes and beat out ecstatic rhythms on crude drums as they cavort lewdly around a ****** and balls shaped herdstone.

• Like 1

On 4/8/2019 at 4:55 AM, NurglesFirstChosen said:

Also, don’t tzaangors have 40k rules also? I’m not a 40k player so aren’t sure, but if so slaangors could be possible either way.

Yes they do. Pretty much everything Tzeentch that isn’t mortal is in both 40k and sigmar. And also the same for most of Nurgle and Khorne units so it does fit much better that the talk was simply “Slaanesh is coming with rules for both games”. And it was said a few times there is more to come. Probably start hearing more about Slaanesh releases this coming Sunday after they finish up the prereleases for Fyreslayers.

• 2 weeks later...

Sooooo...... if Slaanesh mortals are on the way, what do you think we’re gonna see?      

Bit boring maybe but I still love the Marauder and Warrior archetypes and GW still dabble with it - Kairic Acolytes and Bloodreavers = marauders, Blightkings and Blood Warriors = Warriors. I’d love to see Slaaneshi versions.

Updated kit for the Hellstriders would be nice too.

Edited by ManlyMuppet88

Honestly the best thing would be a ranged infantry unit. It's basically a big gap in Slaanesh in that there isn't any ranged firepower save for spells. Even Khorne has a ranged unit and he's the god of taking skulls and bloody warfare, so it seems odd that Slaanesh, of all the Chaos Gods, hasn't got any ranged ability.

Mortal humans who delve into the excess of pain pleasure by carrying throwing knives embedded into their skin; chain wielding mistresses who have "hellraiser" style chain abilities (though if done I'd hope they aren't flailing them around - all that thin plastic)

• Like 1