Hedonites of Slaanesh

2 hours ago, Acid_Nine said:

But, as a death and order player, what's wrong with bringing chaos warriors as the mortals?

I kind of disagree with @NurglesFirstChosen.  They are not exceptional but the are a great anvil. Good save, two wounds, 5+ mortal save. But every god (except Slaanesh so far) has their own foot soldiers that fit the play styles and look better. 

I personally like the current posing in bigger units but they are a bit outdated. I think the models are a bigger issue than the rules.

13 minutes ago, Izotzuhure said:

must admit that, at the reveal, I was not completely sold on the KoS, but now I think is perfect

Yeah it’s growing on me too. 

1 hour ago, Kramer said:

I kind of disagree with @NurglesFirstChosen.  They are not exceptional but the are a great anvil. Good save, two wounds, 5+ mortal save. But every god (except Slaanesh so far) has their own foot soldiers that fit the play styles and look better. 

I personally like the current posing in bigger units but they are a bit outdated. I think the models are a bigger issue than the rules.

Yeah it’s growing on me too. 

You’re right I was a little harsh. 

If I was looking for an anvil I’d probably consider 30 plaguebearers over chaos warriors though :)

Edited by NurglesFirstChosen

2 minutes ago, NurglesFirstChosen said:

You’re right I was a little harsh. 

If I was looking for an anvil I’d probably consider 30 plaguebearers over chaos warriors though :)

Haha yeah i know I would to. And for Khorne probably the blood warriors 😅 their just a little out of place. 

• Like 1

So after a few hours of sleep and a good day of work, what can I say...

I love the Keeper Of Secret. The two heads are good. First I thought it was a bit too stiff (...) and symmetric, but the video and the alternative head shows its qualities.

Syll'Esske (Xerxes&Herald) is very good too ; that eastern theme is excellent, always thought it would suit Slaanesh well. 

The Masque is nice, nothing breathtaking but nice anyway.

The scenery, the endless spells and the two ... things with the mirror are really bad. 

Goofy and weird, not in a good, daemonic way, just (young child) toy-like.

The Judgments of Khorne are fine, but those... Brrr. 

Do you think we'll get Mortals too ? Khorne didn't got the Skull Altar and the Bloodmaster teased before the night of pre preorder.....

Let's hope !

• Like 1

My two cents on warriors is that they are not good in practice. 40 marauders that are immune to bs are almost always better for the pric

I'm one that had mixed feelings on the keeper. On first glance I didn't like it. After recognizing that it has a masculine set of arms and a feminine set I liked it better, but didn't like the head. Now recognizing it is a bovine head I dislike it less. 

I have a feeling the guy that designed the keeper might have been going for that. There is something off about it and it seems better over time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HorticulusTGA said:

So after a few hours of sleep and a good day of work, what can I say...

I love the Keeper Of Secret. The two heads are good. First I thought it was a bit too stiff (...) and symmetric, but the video and the alternative head shows its qualities.

Syll'Esske (Xerxes&Herald) is very good too ; that eastern theme is excellent, always thought it would suit Slaanesh well. 

The Masque is nice, nothing breathtaking but nice anyway.

The scenery, the endless spells and the two ... things with the mirror are really bad. 

Goofy and weird, not in a good, daemonic way, just (young child) toy-like.

The Judgments of Khorne are fine, but those... Brrr. 

Do you think we'll get Mortals too ? Khorne didn't got the Skull Altar and the Bloodmaster teased before the night of pre preorder.....

Let's hope !

The community folks on facebook haven't said no to mortals...so that is hopeful.

The preview pretty specifically says new models in the form of champions though.  So it could go either way.  The new models are for sure amazing.  

7 minutes ago, Carnelian said:

Because it is too early to break slaanesh free - that's going to be a bit of ongoing story for a while. When Slaanesh does break free, then they will get their mortals 

I agree, slaanesh is not breaking free at the moment. Why that stops them getting mortals I don’t understand. 

Slaanesh do have mortal followers - that has nothing to do with slaanesh being free or not. There are multiple stories about the slaanesh mortals, even a malign portents short story. 

Keep in mind also, that there are many keeper of secrets who have been worshipped as gods many times in the lore. 

Dont get me wrong, I aren’t saying slaanesh definitely will get a mortal unit at this point... But come on, to say the slaanesh incarceration means there are no mortal followers just isn’t really a valid argument. 

Edited by NurglesFirstChosen

Thing is look how Chaos interacts with its followers - Slaanesh can remain caged for the ENTIRE lifespan of AoS and still be as much a threat as the other Chaos Gods, because they basically don't do much on the mortal plane. They brood in their mighty realm and battle each other and sometimes an invading god, but they have little focus on the small things like humans or the mortal realms. 

The ones that do the bulk of that are the Greater Demons - they are the agents who corrupt, who send for their heralds to set seeds of corruption; who whisper falsehoods and tempt mortals to their will. The Greater Demons do the greater part of the interactions. Look at all the stories, its always a Greater Demon of Change or a Keeper of Secrets or a Bloodthirster behind things pulling the strings. So long as they remain than the mortal world will keep ticking over with the Chaos threat.

Ever since the Mythic age when the Gods of the Aelves caged Slaanesh the forces of Slaanesh have remained active; divided since the Greater Demons now don't just battle ecah other for their masters' attention, but might also seek to take the throne themselves; but they are united against the mortal realms. They've been conducting wars and sieges and taking land and spreading their corruption all over the place; much so in Syesh where they can feel the weaker echo of their masters call through Morathi's breaking of a part of the cage. 

They can have new demons, new mortal followers, new greater demons with names, new stories and heroes all without their patron god stepping forth on the mortal plane. 

One thing I'll be interested to learn is what happens with some of the new Warcry beasties - those harpies and such will they be universal to named demonic armies like Slaanesh or will they be tied to something like Slaves to Darkness or a "united" chaos army. 

• Like 1

I'm sure mortals will be coming out this wave. Mortals always play a big part in slaanesh fluff. Plus they told us that there are more minis coming. I can't think of too many more demons that need to be released. Considering we only need 2-4 kits for mortals I think we will see them. 

I have heard strong rumors that finecast is going away. This would mean we need new mortal lords at least.

All the demon resin has been replaced. So has all the khorne resin with this release. 

1 hour ago, King Taloren said:

They mention in the Adepticon article that there is more to the Slaanesh release then what was previewed they were showing the new Keeper and some of the newer hero pieces and hinted there was more models to be revealed.

Do you have a link to that? In the community article I didn't find it, or I may be blind. 

1 hour ago, Neffelo said:

Do you have a link to that? In the community article I didn't find it, or I may be blind. 

You might be right, I might be making that up. I just kind of kept seeing people say it and assumed it was true as we had the same scenario with the other big reveals like the Chaos stuff that recently cam out or the nighthaunt.

The statement about resin is a pretty solid rumor that seems to be backed up by the new kits, but I must admit I forgot that the Khorne characters are largely finecast and still being made... So if they are keeping them then they will likely keep the Slaanesh lords.

I will still call for Slaangors and some kind of mortal warriors, but now that I've thought more on it, it could be true. No new mortals.

I The Keeper of Secrets will be joined by a number of new Slaanesh models that bring to life a magnificent and richly realised cast of Daemon champions, from a new iteration of the Masque to Syll’Esske – an unholy tag team of Daemon Prince and Herald.

With so much new stuff for Slaanesh on the way, it’s only fitting that the Dark Prince and his followers should receive a new battletome. With allegiance abilities for the three hosts of Slaanesh – the Invaders, Godseekers and Pretenders – as well as updated warscrolls, spell lores and more, Battletome: Hedonites of Slaanesh will cement these warriors of excess as a major player in both the setting of Warhammer Age of Sigmar and on the tabletop.

about there seems to infer there might be more releases to come. With so much new stuff for Slaanesh on the way.
Edited by King Taloren

10 hours ago, NurglesFirstChosen said:

Dont get me wrong, I aren’t saying slaanesh definitely will get a mortal unit at this point... But come on, to say the slaanesh incarceration means there are no mortal followers just isn’t really a valid argument. 

I guess my post wasn't clear, I agree with you but I just think that given they've only previewed a limited release for slaanesh daemons (and I don't think anyone at adepticon is saying that they mentioned there will be more releases than this) I think it's likley that there will be another wave of mortals of slaanesh at some point in the future when slaanesh breaks free. 

I hope I'm wrong and it all comes now but I'm doubting it. 

• Like 1

Just now, Carnelian said:

I guess my post wasn't clear, I agree with you but I just think that given they've only previewed a limited release for slaanesh daemons (and I don't think anyone at adepticon is saying that they mentioned there will be more releases than this) I think it's likley that there will be another wave of mortals of slaanesh at some point in the future when slaanesh breaks free. 

I hope I'm wrong and it all comes now but I'm doubting it. 

Yeah true. Plus maggotkin didn’t get any pestigors which also didn’t make any sense lore wise 😋

Also I had a thought last night, maybe the reason slaanesh don’t get mortals now, is because they have a future std release similar to the new csm’s or something. Time will tell. 

It'd be criminal not to release a few kits which explore the aesthetic hinted at by the Hellstriders. And we have to hope Slaanesh won't get short-changed compared to the other gods. Khorne and Tzeentch both got sizable mortal contingents. Nurgle got less, and suffers thematically from the fact that they lack an 'entry-level' unit.

I love Daemon Princes, but this is why you also need Blood Reavers and Acolytes: chaos is all about the meritocratic dream (Whether it is a fantasy or not). It's an assertion of self-determination in a world of oppressive, large scale war. A Chaos faction is incomplete without a representation of the rungs of this hierarchy. 

I'm not holding my breath, but I think we can at the very least expect Slaanesh to match Nurgle's Daemon-focused release: at least one new mortal kit, and a couple of mortal heroes (the lord on Daemonic mount should get an overhaul, perhaps an alternate build with a sorcerer instead). 

• Like 1

I think the deciding factor would be if they thought of cool models when the designers were busy. If they have cool mortal concepts they will release them. If not, they won’t. 

Based on the podcast interviews I’m willing to bet that’s the deciding factor. Not if the other gods got x amount of mortal/daemon units. But I agree with  @BaronBananathat champion looks amazing. The right mix of arrogance and martial prowess/brutality.