Hedonites of Slaanesh

13 hours ago, Fairbanks said:

It’s Happening!!!

YouTube Trailer

Hedonites Trailer Drop

ETA: Two trailers in one day seems a little excessive.

Oh sweet lord yes and double yes.  AS for excessive- no.

pleasurable yes... excessive... no. :)

12 hours ago, CitizenX said:

Part of me would not be surprised if the next big box was a Slaanesh vs Aelves thing

That'll be the new sprues of casualty elves to sprinkle as you see fit.

skinnydip dwarfs I'm going to enjoy as well, and I love the Iron Golems -  a portent to the direction fo the everchosen tome perhaps?

Dwarfs (floaty / skinnydippy / tin canny / angry pyro loons) and Chaos = good

Pointy ears = bad.

Edited by Kaleb Daark

so the question I now have is does... does the Keeper of Secrets tuck its stockings into its hooves, somehow (?), or are they actually just wearing hoof shaped shoes, which in turn raises questions about the existence of chaotic cobblers.

this is not something that I was expecting to contemplate today...

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, JPjr said:

so the question I now have is does... does the Keeper of Secrets tuck its stockings into its hooves, somehow (?), or are they actually just wearing hoof shaped shoes, which in turn raises questions about the existence of chaotic cobblers.

I think the implication, like with the Fiends, is that the stockings are actually just another layer of skin. Daemons, man... 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JPjr said:

Maybe ornate hoove shoes? 🤨

11 minutes ago, JPjr said:

ah yes, skin stockings, this is exactly the kind of wholesome content that got me into WH back as a curious 10 yr old 3 decades ago. 

It does make me laugh at people who claim Warhammer is becoming a kids game - Slaanesh still brings all the kinky stuff to the table.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, michu said:

@Austin Especially as our only god-specific lords are in resin and metal.

I have always loved the Hellstriders and Sigvald, but stayed away from making an entire army because of the lack of (to me, purely personal) great core troops.  I tend to be much more interested in mortal followers than the daemons.

There is still some hope for the mortals, but I guess we have to wait and see!

edit-

It is amusing to look at Facebook.  Every other comment is someone asking about mortal followers.

Edited by Austin

20 minutes ago, michu said:

Yeah, so much can be done with Slaanesh mortals. For example, their ranged unit could be using  carnyces (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnyx) as wall and brain-shattering sound cannons (basically AoS Noise Marines).

Don’t the other three Chaos factions have mortals? I believe all three have had them released fairly recently (Blightkings during the End Times).  It would be strange to leave them out of a large release like this.  

+++ Mod Hat On +++

Folks, please don't link off to videos which aren't about wargaming (battle reports, painting, reviews, etc). This forum is for everybody but some of these videos can be deemed as not appropriate for everybody.

+++ Mod Hat Off +++

I think the new models look amazing. GW have hit the design aesthetics right on the nose and captured the key points from the "classic" Slaanesh stuff without going to far towards the adult section. I'm hoping the army is still a glass hammer and there are plenty of options as it's got me thinking really hard about collecting an army of them!

I wouldn't be surprised if the snake symbol from warcry would be something related to slaanesh mortals. In fact that would be a great way to get more mileage (in my opinion) out of any new mortal thing.

But, as a death and order player, what's wrong with bringing chaos warriors as the mortals?

29 minutes ago, Acid_Nine said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the snake symbol from warcry would be something related to slaanesh mortals. In fact that would be a great way to get more mileage (in my opinion) out of any new mortal thing.

But, as a death and order player, what's wrong with bringing chaos warriors as the mortals?

Chaos warriors just ain’t that good anymore. 

51 minutes ago, Acid_Nine said:

I was thinking the same. GW are making their sculpting work harder and cross over into more games - look at the Tzeentch release starting with Silver Tower then pushing into the full Disciples of Tzeentch battletome, the Gloomspite warband in Shadespire coming out just before the full army for AoS, and the new Chaos Marines in Blackstone Fortress coming out ahead of Abaddon and the new troops.

I don't think there's anything wrong with bringing chaos warriors as mortals, except the models aren't marked. Khorne have blood warriors, wrathmongers and blood reavers, Tzeentch have Arcanites and Tzaangor (in place of marked chaos warriors), Nurgle has Blight Kings, so I think the expectation is there's a Slaaneshi version coming too. I suspect new Slaaneshi mortals for War Cry that might then come out later as AoS (or dual with 40K) mortals. Which probably mean not in this wave, maybe. Or maybe they will flip reverse it.

I agree with Kaleb Daark that the new daemon price/herald is likely a sign of the style of new mortals. They're rarely doing one-off all-new designs without some of the cues then appearing in other models.

Which makes me think, depending on how big they are, that the two attendants on the mirror are also an indication of another potential unit - because why design two completely new models like that and then not get another set out of them they can sell - Exalted Daemonettes or some such. Though if they might just be regular sized daemonettes just dressed up a bit.

I had thought the mirror was the scenery piece every army is now getting, but actually it could be a new unit. There is at least one new thing in the video that's not been shown off individually, at 0:25. Giant slaanshi symbol thingy with the relatively flatly detailed daemon head sticking out the portal. It's clearly on a base in the full army shot. Portals seem to be the new theme.

image.png.ba1e56baa982b057ffe940d56a3d4166.png

Edited by Starfyre

I must admit that, at the reveal, I was not completely sold on the KoS, but now I think is perfect.

I think that they've gone for quite an interesting aesthetic with the new models. On one hand you have the ruff on some of the miniatures, quite European, but the rest of the clothing looks more Asian/Arab?  Kind of One and a Thousand Nights? 

Edited by Izotzuhure