The future of GW/FW after the BREXIT

B.C.D.

Hey guys. What do you think the possible consequences might be of the upcoming Brexit for GW and FW as companies in the UK and how/if shipping abilities, shipping times, overall prices online and/or in your FLGS might be affected as well? Do you think latest price changes on GW starter kits and paint pots have already begun foreshadowing upcoming further price increases? Just wondering what your thoughts are on this subject. Cheers 😉

If the pound will be depreciated respect the euro, te logicall would be the price's drop. But, which GW is a game with a medium average salaries they don't do this never. For other band, if the paints created in France would be more expensive (euro front pound), they don't increment the price in order to not lost market.

*The boxer are produced in China and this don't have any effect for the brexit.

And the money from the videogames will be the same (for example Total War or mobile phone games).

It's hard to predict because everything is still very uncertain. It's also important to realise that the early wave of changes might result in price rises because of increased costs in the short term; however those rises might never come back down again even if the background costs go down. There's a lot of doom and gloom around Brexit but also a lot of what appears to be, deliberate confusion. All this makes it impossible to predict what will happen

I expect that GW might end up being one of the last remaining successful companies in the country and the useless shower of ****** and crooks that run this godforsaken isle will throw everything they have to keep the company going, in fact I fully expect the UK to pivot to a 100% plastic toy soldier based economy by 2020. 

Of course Labour will then get into power and nationalise the company, something to do with seizing the space marines of production, but by then we'll all be eating rats to survive anyway and the only people who will be able to afford the models will be the scions of Chinese and Russian oligarchs.

1 minute ago, JPjr said:

I expect that GW might end up being one of the last remaining successful companies in the country and the useless shower of ****** and crooks that run this godforsaken isle will throw everything they have to keep the company going, I fully expect the UK to pivot to a 100% plastic toy soldier based economy by 2020. 

Of course Labour will then get into power and nationalise the company, something to do with seizing the space marines of production, but by then we'll all be eating rats to survive anyway and the only people who will be able to afford the models will be the scions of Chinese and Russian oligarchs.

el Presidente Plastic Republic? 

Archived