Bademeister's FEC Battle Reports

Bademeister

Hey Guys,

i played FEC form the beginning as my first army. I liked them a lot. Their fluff is kinda funny and they are quiet cheap building an army. Times changed, new Battletomes where released and FEC lacked in some Point compared to the other armies. No Spells, no Allegiance Abilities, sniping out our Heroes and so on. GHB 2017 changed a litte bit but that was not much. 

With the release of the new battletome FEC got a whole bunch of love. Flayers and Terrorgheist get huge buffs. Feeding Frenzy got insane and look out Sir! helped very much. So i gave my little cannibals a chance and tested them. i am very impressed. i played 5 games and won all of them with ease. 

In this topic i want to share my games with you in battlereports. Here i can explain how i played my games, why i make some decissions and what i think was wrong. you are welcome to ask questions or give me some advices to improve my gameplay.

My first game i documented for a blattereport was against a heavy shooting Storm Cast army. The Lists are:

Allegiance: Flesh Eater Courts
- Grand Court: Court of Delusion - The Feast Day

Leaders
Abhorrant Archregent (200)
- Artefact: The Dermal Robe 
- Lore of Madness: Deranged Transformation
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist (400)
- Lore of Madness: Blood Feast
- Mount Trait: Gruesome Bite
Crypt Infernal Courtier (120)
- General
- Trait: Dark Acolyte 
Crypt Infernal Courtier (120)
Abhorrant Ghoul King (140)
- Lore of Madness: Miasmal Shroud

Battleline
9 x Crypt Flayers (510)
40 x Crypt Ghouls (360)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)

Endless Spells
Chalice of Ushoran (40)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 125

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals
- Stormhost: Anvils of the Heldenhammer

Leaders
Lord-Castellant (100)
Lord-Relictor (100)
- Prayer: Translocation
Lord-Arcanum on Gryph-Charger (240)
- General
- Trait: Deathly Aura 
- Artefact: Soulthief 
- Spell: Celestial Blades
- Mount Trait: Aethereal Stalker
Knight-Incantor (140)
- Spell: Thundershock

Battleline
10 x Sequitors (240)
- Stormsmite Mauls and Soulshields
5 x Sequitors (120)
5 x Sequitors (120)

Units
9 x Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows (540)
10 x Evocators (400)
- 5x Grandstaves
- Lore of Invigoration: Speed of Lightning

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 111

We played Threee Places of Power

Deploy: 10 Sequitors and 10 Evocators placed in Realm. GKoTG on my left, Throne, 10 Ghouls and AA on my right. 9 Flayers with 2 Courtiers in the back and 40 Ghouls + (bubblewrapped) GK in the middle.

My Turn in the First Round.

First of all i realised that my unit of 9 Flayers was deployed more thatn 24" away form my AA. So i can't cast Deranged Transformation and neither Ferocius Hunger on them. So both spells where cast on the 10 Ghouls. Black Hunger and mystic shild on my Flayers. Unholy Vitality got a 5 and wasn't casted.

I ran to the objective with my flayers. GKoTG went to the left objetive. I summoned 3 Flayers and one Varghulf on my right. I got 3 Points

First Round 2nd Turn: Helden Hammer Command Ability on the 9 Raptors, they shot my GKoTG and make 6 Wounds. Teleport didn't work. Blades on 5 Sequitors, Shild on the other 5 Sequitors. Both Sequitors move forward onte my flayers. Evocators shocked 9" away from Flayers in his territory, 10 Aequitor shocked 9" away from my summoned flayers. 

In the shooting Phase Raptors shot 8 Wounds my GKoTG, just 1 Wounds left (!). He charged my GKoTG with his Castelant and Griffhound. 10 Sequitors charged my summoned 3 Flayers. both Units of each 5 Sequitors charged my Unit of 9 Flayers. Evocators missed theirs charge.

My GKoTG survieved the attacks and killed both, Castelant and Griffhound in attack. One Flayer of the summoned unit survived. both units of 5 Sequitors killed some Flayer. Flayer killed some Sequitor. No Points for Stormcast.

2nd Round First Turn. I won ini. Mustered some new flayers, both units filled. GKoTG recoverd 1 Wound. Not a singel Spell was casted. Just put my Calice between the left and the middle Objective. In my shooting Phase the 3 Unit Flayer screamed the 10 Sequitors to death. Unit of 9 Flayers do average. Combat Phase 3 Flayer shine again and killed 6 Sequitors. One unit of 5 Sequitors was extinished the other with shild buff just 1 left. 6 Points for me.

2nd Round 2nd Turn. He killed my GKoTG with the Raptors in his hero phase. teleported his Relictor to the left Objective (whre my TG was before). In his shooting phase his Raptors killed my GK. Evocators charged my unit of 9 flayers and one Courtier was within 3". His Evocators killed 4 flayers and his Mortal Wounds killed the Courtier which was within 3". My Flayers killed 6 Evocators in 2 Attacks. he got his first Point.

3rd Round 1st Turn. Stormcast beginns. Raptors killed my General in his Heros Phase. no casting. Raptors do 8 damage to my Flayers, just 3 left. Evocator killed all my flayers in his combat phase. His General get the objective in the middle. he scored 3 points and is on 4 points now. My 3 Flayers and the Varghulf killed all his Sequitors.

3rd Round 2nd Turn. Deranged Transformation on my Flayers. Ferocius Hunger +1 on the Flayers. 10 Ghouls charged his Evocators. 3 Flayers charged his General and killed him in the combat phase. 1 Ghoul survived the attack of 4 Evocators. Good little one, so he blocked their movement in the next round. i socred 3 Point. tis 13 to 4.

4th Round. i won ini roll. he isn't able to get enough point even if he could clear the board. FEC won the game due to points.

So in this game my best decission was to start the game and claim all 3 objectives. The unit of 9 Flayers did a good job. it was a big mistake to deploy my AA more than 24" from my flayers. i have to check this next time in deploy. Summonig the 3 Flayers and the Varghulf next to the right objective was good to. they blocked the 10 sequtors so my AA was save all the time. my blob of 40 ghouls did nothing all through the game. that was really disappointing. compared to my games with 40 Skellis this was a joke.

Feast Day is so strong. can't even think about it how i played FEC before this battletome.

11 hours ago, Bademeister said:

it was a big mistake to deploy my AA more than 24" from my flayers.

...noooooob... 😂👍

that reminds me of that wonderful time, when I left my horrors outside the kings buff. He was busy trying to run after them the whole game.

11 hours ago, Bademeister said:

Feast Day is so strong

It is way too much fun...

Archived