Khorne Relentless Fury & Leave None Alive

Fluttershy

Question

What happens if a Khorne player uses Relentless Fury in the Hero Phase and Leave None Alive at the start of the Combat Phase if

a) a Reapers of Vengeance Daemon Hero is picked. The Hero is slain in the Combat Phase, makes a pile-in and attack via Relentless Fury before he is removed from play. Does he make a second attack via Leave None Alive?

b) a Reapers of Vengeance Daemon unit is picked. 7 of 10 models of that unit are slain in the Combat Phase, make a pile-in and attack (one by one or all together?) via Relentless Fury before they are removed from play. Do those 7 models get a second attack via Leave None Alive?

IMG_3460_.jpgIMG_3458_.jpg.272a4fac8a1e675cd8649bcdbc487765.jpg

5 answers to this question

I guess there might be a problem with b) because Leave None Alive states "after that unit has fought", this won't be fulfilled if only one (or more) slain models of that unit has attacked in case of Relentless Fury.

Another point of view could be as long as it doesn't state "after the whole unit has fought".. I don't know..

Yeah I completely overlooked that part.

So yes the Hero can attack twice because he is his own unit even if he is a single model, provided he hasn’t attacked before hand.

And no to the second part because unless the entire unit (which I could see an interesting discussion there) is slain in one go (which in the core rules you actually do not remove casualties until after the attacking unit is finished RAW so I could se it working then) it wouldn’t work because the unit has to fight for the ability to proceed.

And I feel little bit better about that rule now. Be a little salty if Khorne got rabid fever after removing it from Pestilens, 

if the whole unit is slain in one go the last of the 10 models should be able to attack twice ;)

I guess a key question could be, if slain models during Relentless Fury Ability are handled seperate one by one, model per model, or does the Core Rule (Page 1 - Units) "Models fight as units." still apply to them. Wich would allow them to make a pile-in and attack with their unit before they are removed.

It doesn't state this model can immediately pile-in and attack..

Archived