Naked Waaaaaggghhh!! Army Updated March 15 2021

cplhicks

I just started playing AOS about a year ago and I just finished up my first army Slaves to Darkness (2520pts fully painted).  When I first started AOS I wanted to start with Maggotkin or Bonesplitterz.  I chose Maggotkin but that quickly became STD because I LOVE the Warqueen model (a decisive factor for me starting AOS lol).  I am looking forward to the big STD release but I just can’t get the Bonesplitterz love out of my system.  The solution is simple just build and paint an army of them!  

There is a big tournament in my old home town that was partially set up my LGS and it is happening late July.  The goal is to build, paint and practice in order to attend this tournament.  I have very little experience playing in tournaments other than 2 small team events I went to with my buddy (we won one of them though!)  So with my lack of experience and my more “thematic” choice of faction my real goal is just to win at least 1 tournament game.  It just helps to motivate me to have a deadline to finish everything. 

I’m not a great painter but I really want to push myself for a personal best for this army.  This way I put the hobby side first and winning comes last.  I hope to update this thread with my building, painting, practice game battle reports and ultimately the day of the tournament itself.

1792472102_Boxedboyz.jpg.25378840e9cb7a7e5471bb7acb32489c.jpg

The start of my humble army.  I have a few more sets I ordered from my LGS I will be picking up later. 

1039698085_first40built.jpg.11b13933c076725b90612b9c92b24aae.jpg

Here is the first 40 built! 

*EDIT*

135432341_First40primed.jpg.7afd4113f7fe555326ab12d978077d53.jpg

Got my first batch of boyz primed up. 

Warfood.jpg.a02cb266b9de1a385fc529a02e19cf74.jpg

You also can't can't have a great WAAAAGGGGHHHH on a empty stomach so I made cake and apple crisp lol. 

Edited by cplhicks
  • Like 6

1723127115_Bonesplitterzboxes2.jpg.70cfa5e232ffbc4b82126d99694bc823.jpg

Reinforcements have arrived. 

1277263940_Stubzdaork.jpg.653c025584693db5d741d260c9420a86.jpg

This is Stubz. He had his hands bitten off by a Dracoth.  He then proceeded to beat it to death with his bleeding stubs.  His positive  can do attitude is a inspiration to the rest of the ladz :P

I also have my first local tournament coming up on April 13.  I didn't think it would be that fast so I am working extra fast( I'm currently covered in red paint ;) )

Edited by cplhicks
  • LOVE IT! 1

Had my first two games today.

Both my opponents were playing FEC.  My first game mission was  shifting objectives.  I got turn one charged by a buffed Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist who ate my Big Boss and then doubled attacked my arrow boyz while being supported by 6 Crypt Flayers.  Lost one of my arrow boyz mobs right off the bat.  After that it was a slow decline to being tabled.   The FEC shooting was pretty good against my low bravery boyz and I lost a lot that way.  The AGKRT also had the Ragged Cloak so I lost a turn of shooting against him. Savage Orks are criminally over costed.  120pts for what you get is just sad.  I found myself desperately wanting cheap chaff units to screen my arrow boys and block out flankers (I miss my Chaos marauders :( )  

The second game was Scorched Earth ended pretty much by turn 1.  I got doubled charged by two buffed ZLD who ate an arrow boy mob and a savage ork squad as well as a Weird Nob.  Outflanking Crypt Flayers and Vargulf also got in my back lines causing havoc.   The store was closing in half an  hour so I called it.  There was no way to outscore him at this point. 

I still had lots of fun and learned lots.  I’m struggling with hero positioning to protect them and still have them be in range of buffing units.  I figure that will come in time with practice.  I rolled a 5 for every loads of boyz role throughout the day lol.  That BS right there is why I worship Chaos lolololol.

1526886123_turn1fec.jpg.833801efa82a9b5edc2318dc58220240.jpg

Oh jeeeze...

482480468_Notintheface.jpg.783d9bffca09855eca3db24156bf381f.jpg

Not like this!

813499148_welldamn.jpg.167e129c2fb63abc160e98efb810608d.jpg

FML...

1093087216_denythis.jpg.dea24e4fa00887f64c45da729b23e3c0.jpg

One funny thing to end this post on a positive note.  I rolled a 4 to cast Bone Spirit and my opponent laughs saying how he will deny it no problem.   Karma sucker!!!

Nice write up for your first two games, your boyz will take it on the chin and come back hungrier. Stick with the Boyz, I'd suggest dropping the Savage Orruks for Morboys but with a new Battletome looming around the corner at some point that could all change in the drop of a hat! One thing I would say is some big stabbas and the monster table will make short work of those gnarly dragons. Looking forward to reading more in the future.

18 minutes ago, Miscast said:

Nice write up for your first two games, your boyz will take it on the chin and come back hungrier. Stick with the Boyz, I'd suggest dropping the Savage Orruks for Morboys but with a new Battletome looming around the corner at some point that could all change in the drop of a hat! One thing I would say is some big stabbas and the monster table will make short work of those gnarly dragons. Looking forward to reading more in the future.

Would the quantity of balanced kings on skillgheists floating around make a teef rukk potentially worth it? With good position you could ensure it doesn't get to attack them but is in range if it charges you.

On 4/7/2019 at 6:10 PM, cplhicks said:

The AGKRT also had the Ragged Cloak so I lost a turn of shooting against him

Was it a one-off local game? If so that's a hell of a tech item which you will basically never see at tournaments.

He knew what was coming and teched out.  Don't worry my player group (and my opponent) is awesome and full of friendly guys.  The group and the store owner already gave him a friendly roasting over it lol.

It takes me a bit of time to learn and im still pretty new to AOS so I plan on just praticing until I get it.  

I am considering getting a rogue idol as I just freaking love the model (which should be reason enough lol)

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...

Long time no bump!  I stopped working on the army due to moving and then waiting for the new book to come out.  Once the book released I got back at it.  Also the pandemic has messed with events and such so I haven't had a lot of chances to play either. 

I have a psychomotor disability that affects my fine motor skill (my mom got me in the hobby at the wee age of 11 as  a form a physical therapy).  Still over the next 2 decades of practicing and learning new techniques as well as new tools such as washes I was able to improve my personal painting skills.  The goal with this army was to paint it to a personal best standard which I feel I have hit and I am very proud of them.    I am feeling a bit burnt out and am taking a small break after painting so many naked green butts...so...very many...every time I close my eyes all I see are green butts....😆

I have 6 Goregruntas that are 95% done as well and am waiting on some  sealant before fishing them up.  I also have a partial Greenskinz Orruk Warboss conversion I'm working on plus another converted Wardok and Maniak Weirdnob.  

Anyways on to the pics of dubious quality!

IMG_4178.JPG

IMG_4177.JPG

IMG_4179.JPG

IMG_4181.JPG

IMG_4183.JPG

IMG_4188.JPG

IMG_4190.JPG

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

• 8 months later...

I moved at the end of summer and changed jobs so there was a big pause on things but I'm back at it. I'm still slowly chipping away at my army and have recently finished 20 Moarboyz, 6 Big Stabbas and a converted Wardokk.  I'm currently chewing through another 30 savage ork mob. Hoping to have a nice full sized fully painted army by the summer.  😄

20210225_151254.jpg

Big stabba 1.jpg

Big stabba 2.jpg

Moar Boyz banners.jpg

Moarboyz boss.jpg

Wardok 1.jpg

Wardok 2.jpg

• Like 2