Jump to content

Countering Flesh eater courts (FEC)


Recommended Posts

Hey, 

 

Wanted to open up some discussion on how to counter FEC as I've been having some troubles as of late. 

 

I'm a LoN player, specifically Legion of Blood. 

 

Played my first game vs my friends FEC last night at 1000pts. He was using the gristle gore allegiance with 2 terrorgheists and they flattened me with their auto 6 mortal wound malarkey. 

 

I run fairly usual LON armies. Unit of 40 skeles, some wolves, archai, necro, vampire Lord, Wight King. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nephthys said:

how to counter FEC as I've been having some troubles as of late. 

Since I play both, I can maybe understand your troubles. Gristlegore a 1k is very tough to play and depends a lot on scenario. GkoTg and double gheists is just brutal, especially in an „elite“ army which goes for a bravery debuff 🙄

I think sacrificial wolf packs, necromancers fading vigor and overwhelming dread are good counters for the two beasts. The big boy, I would neuter through his testicles... coven throne (beguile) and orb of enchantment 😍😘😍

the basic strategy is kinda like against beast claw idiots, endure and score points. 5 dogs can hold an objective against one terrorgheist... when you lead by 10/15 points even a wipe at turn 4 might not help them

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you Honk. 

 

What do you mean by beguile the coven throne? 

 

I was actually using the orb of enchantment but completely forgot about it. When we realised we were too far in, but we play tested if I'd used it and I did a good 9 wounds to the gheist with my Archai and vamp,  which would definitely of slowed it down and most importantly stopped it wiping out my 2 Archai In 1 round.. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Nephthys said:

beguile the coven throne? 

The throne has the signature spell „beguile“. on 6+ you pick an enemy unit within 12“, roll 3d6 and if it exceeds the bravery, that unit cannot  choose the caster as target during melee till your next hero phase.

tricky, but a 6+ is below average and  the 3d6 average is 10.5, with the -1 bvy from the legion, those are also decent odds. And the throne can punch his face a bit...

and the orb is the last line, if the spell fails ...

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If you play GHoN you can use 2x40 Skeletons and use Ossific Diadem + Lord of Nagashizzar to empower them. Skeletons attack up to the third line, so it's easy to make a lot of attacks to kill big elite units. A block of 40 Skeletons, 4-5 attacks (command trait + a Vampire Lord) + Van Hel = kill.

Greetings

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/23/2019 at 9:25 AM, Nephthys said:

Thank you Honk. 

 

What do you mean by beguile the coven throne? 

 

I was actually using the orb of enchantment but completely forgot about it. When we realised we were too far in, but we play tested if I'd used it and I did a good 9 wounds to the gheist with my Archai and vamp,  which would definitely of slowed it down and most importantly stopped it wiping out my 2 Archai In 1 round.. 

I think the Orb is a great answer.  I run it on my VLoZD w Sanguine Blur as my Trait.  Works against a lot of problematic stuff.  Need a buff or some support to drop the GKoTG though.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 years later...
1 hour ago, Rotbinger said:

Anybody got any tips to deal with Gristlegore using Maggotkin?

Try using that hook-up line in chaos chat 🤔 

No real experience with the maggotkin rules. But it‘s the same as above, as against stonehorns, khornethirsters or others. Score, endure, try to die as late as possible in the game.

the maw does not degrade, so the 6 mortals are a constant threat.
Maybe go for full gardening & summoning, to score around the board. Also nurglings could be good counter, their regeneration is nice.

delay, divert, debuff, especially speed which you have iirc. Remember, retreat back to objective is an option, he need an hero for frenzy...

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/2/2021 at 11:45 AM, Honk said:

Try using that hook-up line in chaos chat 🤔 

No real experience with the maggotkin rules. But it‘s the same as above, as against stonehorns, khornethirsters or others. Score, endure, try to die as late as possible in the game.

the maw does not degrade, so the 6 mortals are a constant threat.
Maybe go for full gardening & summoning, to score around the board. Also nurglings could be good counter, their regeneration is nice.

delay, divert, debuff, especially speed which you have iirc. Remember, retreat back to objective is an option, he need an hero for frenzy...

I did what you said... And won. 😁 Thanks, @Honk

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rotbinger said:

And won. 😁

Don’t say that to my fellow deranged Kings 🙊 wasn‘t me, never would I help some Nurgle filth 

lost on points against Nighthaunt with a menagerie after tableing his sorry bedsheets. 🤬😭🤬

he had some 6“ before the objective, I ate most of them in my round and the last couple whisps just stepped back 4“ hold the objective and scored. And I wasn’t able to crush them on his turn, like I wanted to 🤬😖😩🤬

👻👻👻

Link to post
Share on other sites

😅 Your secret's safe with me, mate.

In all fairness, I got a few lucky breaks during the match. I managed to get my Plague Drones powered up to the teeth before they went in, and then got the double turn and did it again.  Numbers on the table won it in the end. There was just too many bodies for the Terrorgheists to chew through, whic meant I was scoring max points for the majority of the game and my opponent wasn't.  🤷‍♂️

...

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...