2,000 Points of Sylvaneth

Nicard

Hey all! This is my first post on TGA and I'm just looking to get some feedback on my 2k list. I have played a few practice games with Sylvaneth and am still working to refine it. My goal was to build a list based on the models I already had, then add in some of the new models if I liked the playstyle of Sylvaneth (so far I do).

• Forest Folk 60
  • 20 Dryads 240
  • 20 Dryads 240
  • 10 Dryads 120
  • Branchwych 120
  • Durthu 400
  • Treeman Ancient 300
  • Tree Lord 260
  • Tree Lord 260

Dryads act as a screen for the big Trees, but can redeploy using Forest Folk if they get into a combat that's too much to handle. The big blobs will be used to crowd objectives.

Durthu places Wyldwoods near objectives so he and the other trees (Forest Folk included) can move from objective to objective. 

I do have a lack of ranged attacks, but hopefully with my mobility via Wyldwoods I'll be able to get close to the enemy rather quickly.

What do you think? Can this list and strategy work?

Seems like a solid enough list. Make sure you get a healing spell in (probably on the ancient), so he can heal the other Treemen. 

I played Sylvaneth yesterday at the Tottenham Court Road store. Tree Revenants seemed very situational - so I think Dryads are a safer choice. Tree Revenants are useful for infiltrating to kill archers, artillery crew and the like, since they can reroll the 9 inch charge they need, but not good as the bedrock of a list.

The list looks solid enough, 4 Treelord variants will certainly put out some damage, but be careful; although they are tough, they can go down easily to a lot of things out there. Would suggest giving one of your wizards Regrowth to help keep them up to strength. 

If you use the forests well and keep your Treelords safe then this list will do well enough I think.

Use what limited ranged attacks you have to snipe out key enemy characters or maybe warmachines.

Aaron

Oh, and by the way... Branchwyches are 100 not 120 (assuming these are General's Handbook points - The others all correspond correctly)

Archived