Adepticon Predictions

PJetski

It really is hard to guess what they will show this year.

After two teases the really should show us what Forbidden Power actually is. Warcry is out in summer so although I would love to get some info about the rules, I think they might save it for warhammer fest in May. 

My theory is that they didn't show of the Ko warband at Gama because they want to show it alongside a new battletome. I would love a new mini or two but I think it will be a FEC,  Skaven style release. A slyvaneth book release seems possible too.

So Forbidden Power, Ko, Slyvaneth and endless spells/ scenery pieces. I would love to see Darkoath, Slaanesh or a totally new army but the lack of fanfare so far suggests they are not coming soon. 

By the time of Adepticon we will have seen the second week of 40k Chaos and sisters have their previews every other week now, so I think we will see something different for 40k,  probably an expansion to primaris Vanguard like we have seen for chaos and a tease for something else; maybe Slaanesh.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Slaanesh. It is a real possibility that the reason it wasn’t released at same time as khorne, was due to there being too much in the release to do it along side them. Plus 3/4 factions from the last 2 big box sets have been released separately. If they were going to wait over a year before releasing slaanesh separately, why include them in wrath n rapture at all? Surely it’d would have made sense to include something else to push sales of an up and coming faction. 

Many feel that it’ll take a big story line before slaanesh will get a release - but if the plot is about to change drastically with forbidden power, who knows what’s going to be occurring in the mortal realms by the end of the summer. Increasing the role of slaanesh in the plots at this point would bring them nicely round to new year introduction of Malerion and the schemer Teclis.

Wishful thinking yes, but it just doesn’t make sense that they were included in wrath n rapture if it was gonna be end of 2019 before they had a release. 

2 hours ago, Chikout said:

(...)

So Forbidden Power, Ko, Slyvaneth and endless spells/ scenery pieces. I would love to see Darkoath, Slaanesh or a totally new army but the lack of fanfare so far suggests they are not coming soon. 

By the time of Adepticon we will have seen the second week of 40k Chaos and sisters have their previews every other week now, so I think we will see something different for 40k,  probably an expansion to primaris Vanguard like we have seen for chaos and a tease for something else; maybe Slaanesh.

As someone else said above, Warcy could be summer as in "end of May, start of June", so sooner rather than later. If it's the case, there should be more Warcry news at Adepticon. That would give us  : 

- Warcry news,

- Forbidden Power full reveal : campaign / narrative book, Endless spells, maybe Order Cities Factions scenery, 

- New filler-week Batteltomes and Underworld Warbands reveals ; hopefully Kharadron and Sylvaneth, maybe a more unexpected army like Gutbuster.

- MAYBE a real new army (as in full army release) teaser, either Darkoath (STD) or Slaanesh (with Wrath & Rapture and Khorne already out, probably Slaanesh - with Warcry, the MP Herald pattern and the Godsworn Warband, probably Darkoath...).

For 40k, by the time Adepticon starts, the Chaos Space Marines release will be over (because Vigillus Ablaze will be already out), so something else for them : probably Primaris Wave 2, Kill Team : Inquisition, etc. 

For fun I actually hope they reveal more of what they did for the last “forbidden power”, which was nothing more than we already knew, which was nothing.

trailer picks up from where it left off, entering a doorway into darkness. This time shows a corridor, maybe has a bend in it and the camera pans through it to another door, which opens and zooms into darkness again

Just hilariously keep trolling haha

I would be really, really surprised not to see Everchosen/Darkoath/Slaves to Darkness have their Battletome previewed. That's the only Underworlds Warband without a Battletome, the only Malign Portents Harbinger without a Battletome, and a faction that has Allegiance Abilities in GHB, waiting for a Battletome update. It's coming, and all signs pointed to it coming earlier than now, so I'm seriously wondering where it's at.

On 3/18/2019 at 12:16 PM, Shankelton said:

I *think* 40k codex are up too date? So book wise that shifts the focus wholly onto AoS.  I'd have to imagine 40k in general will be fairly quite...

They are already rewriting the 40k 8th edition Chaos Codex with a v1.2 and a physical book release to correspond to the new models.  It's great that they have managed to release all the major books for 40k within a short span in an edition, but don't for a second think that means they won't start reissuing those books with changes.  It seems to be the only way that they will voluntarily change actual rules & stats for units and it is pretty much low-effort guaranteed sales.  Also Adepticon has traditionally been one of the biggest 40k events and while AoS is growing at events you still have to expect that Adepticon is going to pull in more 40k players than AoS - so it is really one of the premiere events to create hype for 40k.  I highly doubt they ignore that chance and it is not like they don't have plans for more 40k releases this year.  They will pull the lid off something big for 40k I expect. 

@Skabnoze did they not reveal Idoneth lasy year though at Adepticon? Or was that GAMA?

for my cents I think more Shadespire reveals is a given, I’d expect something imperial for 40k though I think SoB is still far off, could be very wrong though. I don’t think we’ll see darkoath until Warcry where the Chaos tribe hype for both might push sales? Or at least release dates closer to each other. 

1 hour ago, Kronos said:

@Skabnoze did they not reveal Idoneth lasy year though at Adepticon? Or was that GAMA?

for my cents I think more Shadespire reveals is a given, I’d expect something imperial for 40k though I think SoB is still far off, could be very wrong though. I don’t think we’ll see darkoath until Warcry where the Chaos tribe hype for both might push sales? Or at least release dates closer to each other. 

I expect that there will be AoS announcements, maybe even big ones, but my comments was mainly that I don't think 40k is going to be ignored or have minimal news at one of the biggest 40k events.  Whatever they announce for 40k is going to be a big announcement for that system.  Hopefully AoS gets something meaty as well.

But if I was to make predictions then I would say that we will get real details about what Forbidden Power is and probably just a teaser about something regarding new models for an army.  I am not sure that they will steal the thunder from Forbidden Power by also making a large new model reveal for a faction.

Last year 3 codexes and the imperial Knights minis were shown. Aos arguably got more interesting reveals with the full Deepkin release and teases for endless spells and nighthaunt. 

I think we could get the opposite this year, with forbidden Power and a couple of battletomes for AoS but something more surprising for 40k. It is high time they had a new race.

What I want?

- New destruction book. Be it Gutbusters, Ironjawz, Beastclaw, even Bonesplittaz
- New destruction models with an update, DoK style releases at max.
-Destruction lore. Some hint that the factions will play into Forbidden Power, anything beyond just smash things.
- More about Warcry, and real confirmation that it might expand outside of Chaos warbands

What I'll get?

https://youtu.be/ySGMnmiqlss?t=10

Personally I want this...

60D2C6D3-49AF-479B-B568-CA26D353F325.jpeg.64f2ad6086ffee12a4a33d96d0c67ccd.jpeg.2821836e23e636ba0f1dcbd24d5034dc.jpeg

... to become a reality.

I dunno how long ago they had interviewees for the AoS Game Designer role make up their own gutbusters rules, but maybe it's been long enough now that it's a real thing? 

Even if they just say, "COMING 2020" just so I know where I stand.

Put us with Beastclaw Raiders or put us with Fyreslayers. Give us Stormcast Ogors with Sigmarite gutplates just give us (me) the damn Ogors GW.

Archived