1st adepticon!

LJ26

Title says it all, it's my 1st adepticon ever and I'm super excited! Wanted any tips or info on what to do Friday as I have nothing planned, saturday and Sunday will be the AoS GT. How far is the Chicago Airport from acon as I'll be ubering over, restaurants, traditions, all that jazz

Welcome to Chicagoland!  Almost.....  Adepticon is so huge and awesome you will not be bored on Friday.  There are always plenty of random game demos on the hallways and vendor hall, lots of stuff to check out and/or buy in the vendor hall, and other halls.  Almost always some good bits sellers, and Friday and Saturday night starting at like 9 or 10pm is the 'bits trading' where people bring their own stuff to sell off into a designated space and you can find some good random deals there many times.  If you want to bring your own stuff to sell you need to sign up for it first however, they don't want to cramp the style of the vendors who pay for spaces.

I think O'Hare is probably an hour or less drive (depending on traffic) so not a cheap Uber, but there are also many taxis which may have as good or better rates to and from the Adepticon convention center.  There's a restaurant in the hotel, and I think a café or something too, and during the day the concession stands are open in the game halls.  If you are staying at the convention center I might recommend upgrading to gain access to the top floor room that has food and beverages in it, kinda like a breakfast bar?  Not sure what is was called but that had coffee and continental breakfast type of stuff all day when I checked it out.  

Maybe you'll get to fight my Legion of Azgorh at the GT!

*poof*

I'm here! 😁

Chicagoland is huge and has everything, including a lot of strip clubs. Just saying.

Really, though, anything you enjoy you can find here. The town where Adepticon is being held is near some higher end shopping, but the immediate area (walking distance) is not so great.

If you're just looking for things to do at the actual convention, trust me, you won't be bored. Tons to do and lots of space for open gaming with new friends you meet.

Archived