Help with first FEC list.

Metaphysicsofevil

I've theory crafted a couple of lists however next Wednesday I have my first ever game of AoS and FEC. We have agreed on 1500 points (using the 1000 pt min/max limits) other than that I have no idea what my opponent will be bringing to the table.  Having theorised a lot, the battletome as so many great combinations and synergies, I think I have settled on two options and would appreciate some cc on the lists. 

List 1: Grand Court Blisterskin
General: AGKoRTG - Lore of madness: Blood Feast. - Mount Trait: Gruesome Bite - Artefact: The Grim Garland
Archregent - Lore of madness: Deranged Transformation. - Artefact: Eye of Hysh
Varghulf
3x Flayers
3x Horrors
20 Ghouls
Battalion - Royal Mordants
Endless Spells - Chalice of Ushoran

Total 1450pts 2cp 73 wounds

Summons would most likely be a either another Varghulf or 20 more ghouls dependent on the objectives and another unit of Flayers.

List 2: Grand Court Blisterskin
General: AGKoRTG - Lore of madness: Blood Feast. - Mount Trait: Gruesome Bite - Artefact: The Grim Garland
Archregent - Lore of madness: Deranged Transformation. - Artefact: Eye of Hysh
12 Flayers
10 Ghouls
Endless Spells - Chalice of Ushoran, Cadaverous Barricade.

Total 1450pts 1cp 79 wounds

Summons, again, will be either the Varghulf or 20 Ghouls and a unit of Horrors (I only have 12 Flayers).

The first list is all about speed, getting to objectives or combat quickly using the bonus hero phase move from the Battalion, my concern is whether everything is diluted at 1500 points, ideally I'd like a larger unit of Flayers or Horrors. The idea behind List 2 is low drops for turn 1 and a hard hitting Flayer Bus with buffs from the spellcasters and depending on my opponent's list I'd try and run my wings together so the Flayer Scream benefits from Grim Garland. I've taken the Barricade to try and keep the ghouls around a bit longer on the objectives while the big hitters remove the threats. 

Have I missed a trick? Is there a better option?  Help my delusional court feast well on the 20th.....

Archived