Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheWilddog

Favorite Paint Colors (All Time or Current)

I was thinking about my color selection for a new project I was planning and my thoughts drifted to what colors I like painting. It occurred to me that throughout my painting I tend to come back to certain paints that I just love to work with. I just love using these particular paints for some reason.  I just wondered if others have go to paints that they love and use all the time or do they approach it in a different way (like always experimenting, just using what you have available etc.)   

Anyway here are some of my favorite paints that I always come back to, would be interested to see what paints other people just love. 

Vallejo Game Air Cement Grey - Wonderful grey with a hint of mint green

Scale 75 Orcish Dermis - Great vibrant rose pink

P3 Necrotite Green - Love this bright green

GW - Ushabti Bone - No matter what other off whites I try I always come back to this old stand by

• Like 1

Kantor Blue and Khorne Red. That combination can be used for anything. My Skaven have red/blue uniforms, but in the future I plan to paint:

- Stormcast Eternals - Tempest Lords

- Space Marines - Crimson Fists

- Chaos space Marines - Night Lords Kill Team.

• Like 1

I absolutely love the GW combo of Kalalite and Sybarite Green. I have painted SOOOOOO many things black with a sharp edge highlight of one of these two. Painted my Dark Eldar in that scheme years ago and fell in love.  

• Like 1

I like Army Painter Skeleton Bone. I use it for bone, teeth, nails, claws, off-white cloth, light brown cloth... and I use it quite frequently as a top highlight for all sorts of browns and greens.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Shroud Of Night said:

I absolutely love the GW combo of Kalalite and Sybarite Green. I have painted SOOOOOO many things black with a sharp edge highlight of one of these two. Painted my Dark Eldar in that scheme years ago and fell in love.  

I do love the classic Dark Eldar paint scheme, those green highlights on black is super sexy. I also really like Incubi Darkness as my go to dark blue.

99120112010_ReaversNEW03.jpg

I love Incubi Darkness. It's a great base for dark greens and dark blues, as well as being a first highlight on black. I think it's featured in too many of my projects, so I intentionally chose a scheme with no blues at all for my latest project... although maybe I could paint the mounts dark blue... or the bases...

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Incubi Darkness has my eye as well momentarily! Before that it was ironbreaker with washes mixed in. Made some beautifully weird things with that. I'm also very interested in this kind of armour right know. Still looking for a project to put it to use on ;) probably will end up being Maggotkin. 

2044239344_ScreenShot2019-03-16at02_03_00.png.4c0b441f35c81e61658ba65a4b12e2cc.png

• Like 2

Vallejo blue green. Used it for almost my entire army just mixed with black or grey to shift it's tone.

DtubjHkWsAAfR7B.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD !!!

(Because it's the best way tout enhanced your miniature)

IMG_20190318_160941.jpg.4fbb1e612ee65c6c6e521bd67eb59dbf.jpg

Edited by Griffounet
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Just tried out Scale 75 Surfer Orc Flesh and instantly fell in love. Love this vibrant turquoise color. I was working with it for shoreline water effect on some test bases but now I want to find a big project to work with it on. 

SFG22-SURFER-ORC-FLESH_1024x1024.jpg

Edited by TheWilddog

24 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Stormvermin grey,

Eshin grey,

Ratskin something,

anything that screams out skaven or rats

I do love me some Warpstone Glow!

Vallejo Dark Prussian Blue and Heavy Violet! I love mixing them both and glazing/shading minis with them. i really like the muted, cold hue it gives a miniature. My Ghur-themed armies use these paints heavily to give them a very cold tundra appearance.

large.131527093_Pickingatargetwhilereloading.JPG.8dd42f7d4ca498fb76344c438be934b9.JPG

• Like 5