How do Thanquols warp fire projectors actually work?

HollowHills

Question

Based on the new faq combined with the ability text itself how are people interpreting this? With 4 flamers assumed. 

We had a big debate today and settled on the idea that you roll four dice for each model within 8 and each 4 up is 1 mortal to the unit. So if you had  20 models within 8 you could do a potential 80 mortals. 

Is this right? 

1 answer to this question

17 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

Based on the new faq combined with the ability text itself how are people interpreting this? With 4 flamers assumed. 

We had a big debate today and settled on the idea that you roll four dice for each model within 8 and each 4 up is 1 mortal to the unit. So if you had  20 models within 8 you could do a potential 80 mortals. 

Is this right? 

That is correct - I too was confused by the FAQ language (because I thought Thanquol's wording was already clear). What the FAQ was stating is that you don't make 4 attacks at 4 dice per model within 8" (i.e. not 320 dice if 20 models are in range). 

You roll x dice (where x is how many warpfire projectors the model is equipped with) for each model within 8" in the target unit and for each 4+ the unit suffers 1 MW. 

Archived