TKIY's FEC Painting Log

Sure!

It's almost strictly Vallejo Model/Game Air paints and GW washes applied with an airbrush.  Prime black, all-over basecoat in Wolf Grey, then do a 65 degree zenithal highlight in Off-white followed by an 85 degree zenithal highlight in Dead White.

Apply a coat of Athonian Camoshade thinned 50/50 with airbrush thinner with the airbrush.  The brown sections are just an airbrush blended application of Mahogany with a touch of black.

The rest is brushwork.  Bone sections and claws are picked out with Bonewhite then washed with Carronbourg Crimson.  Brown sections on the body only are washed with Reikland Fleshshade.  Eyes and mouths get a wash of Nuln oil.  Metallics are done in Brazen Bronze with a light highlight of Brassy Brass.  Varnish and then go to town with Blood for the Blood God.

Edited by TheKingInYellow

A little more sculpting to try and blend the wings and body, and I did some building up on one base since a wanted to do something with a hand position:

Yv4WSVL.jpg

F2UDVyn.jpg

Also find a good base for my second Archregent since I wanted them to be discernably different on the tabletop:

YUMRgga.jpg

It's a curved wall section from the Fortified Manor set.  I considered cutting it down to make it look like more of a broken wall section but I sort if like it this way.

Also finished assembling my Charnel Throne and all three FEC spells since all three will be in my list.  Priming this all tomorrow and I have a game Friday to test out the list.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...