Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xking

The AoS lore and novels thread

Recommended Posts

23 hours ago, JReynolds said:

You might be thinking of "Order of the Fly: Tourney of Fate" which is the beginning of a different series. It takes place after *all* of the previous Order of the Fly stories, including "The Tainted Axe".

My apologies, that was an unintentional mistake(

To The Mysterious Mr B - I daresay, differencies between books and lore coming from  the loremasters changing things after books had been published, rather than authors knowlege of materiel. Might be wrong there, but in "The Soul Wars" there are warriors among Stormcasts, named Celestors - but in battletome they are called Evocators. I understand, that the name was changed after the book had been on the market.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Adolmaea said:

My apologies, that was an unintentional mistake(

To The Mysterious Mr B - I daresay, differencies between books and lore coming from  the loremasters changing things after books had been published, rather than authors knowlege of materiel. Might be wrong there, but in "The Soul Wars" there are warriors among Stormcasts, named Celestors - but in battletome they are called Evocators. I understand, that the name was changed after the book had been on the market.

No apologies necessary. And yep, things often change. Usually, we can catch it before a book goes to print - but sometimes not. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, xking said:

This was a really fun little read and it really gives a good insight into how the Black Arks of AoS work and the social structure of the Scourge Privateers, these guys are definitely not good guys that's for sure and I'm really looking forward to seeing what they do with them in the future both in game and in the novels, Arika Zenthe is quickly becoming one of my favourite characters and I hope we see here turn up again in another novel.
Speaking of the novella's I would highly recommend reading all of them, each gives a nice little insight into each faction with the exception of the Gotrek one which is basically just more Gotrek (which is not a bad thing imo). I found The Red Hours especially interesting as it touches on the Free Peoples and it's got a sort of horror feeling to it with
 

Spoiler

the characters loosing their minds from the influence of the Keeper of Secrets (or maybe it was a herald I can't quite remember) that was sealed beneath the Grave of Heroes and turning against one another, even the main character Hess falling under it's sway. The way it ends makes me think if we see Hess again in a future novel there's a good chance he may be a Slaaneshi Lord of Chaos or well on the path to becoming one.

 

Edited by Dirtnaps
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/24/2019 at 10:51 AM, IneptusAstartes said:

IIRC in The Gates of Azyr the Stormcasts don’t even return to the heavens on a bolt of lightning, they just... die. It’s extremely primitive lore-wise. Sigmarchaeologists in the future will probably have a lot to say about it.

Well,not every dead SCE can return to the Heaven and get reforged, this is mentioned in the latest battletome already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
Quote

Even as he rested from his task, another evil befell the duardin gods. Exactly what occurred during the event known as the Thagduegi –the Great Betrayal–is unclear, but the duardin pantheon broke apart. In the aftermath of traitorous acts, Grimnir and his brother Grungni were left shackled atop the tallest of the Iron Mountains of Chamon.

I'd just kind of assumed some time in the far future we might see Valaya heading up a "Light Duradin" faction, perhaps more a mix of Fem!Dwarf models... but considering she didn't end up chained next to her brothers and the ambiguity of this Betrayal, I'm now wondering if we could end up with a darker - Chaos or otherwise - faction of Dwarfs, which might explain her conspicuous absence.

Edited by Clan's Cynic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 4/26/2019 at 11:30 AM, Dirtnaps said:

This was a really fun little read and it really gives a good insight into how the Black Arks of AoS work and the social structure of the Scourge Privateers, these guys are definitely not good guys that's for sure and I'm really looking forward to seeing what they do with them in the future both in game and in the novels, Arika Zenthe is quickly becoming one of my favourite characters and I hope we see here turn up again in another novel.
Speaking of the novella's I would highly recommend reading all of them, each gives a nice little insight into each faction with the exception of the Gotrek one which is basically just more Gotrek (which is not a bad thing imo). I found The Red Hours especially interesting as it touches on the Free Peoples and it's got a sort of horror feeling to it with
 

  Reveal hidden contents

the characters loosing their minds from the influence of the Keeper of Secrets (or maybe it was a herald I can't quite remember) that was sealed beneath the Grave of Heroes and turning against one another, even the main character Hess falling under it's sway. The way it ends makes me think if we see Hess again in a future novel there's a good chance he may be a Slaaneshi Lord of Chaos or well on the path to becoming one.

 

Spoiler

Wasn't  Hess met by stormcasts from The Maelstorm of Light stormhost at the final page?  Even if they won't be able to feel demon's taint on him or something similar - it seems unlikely, that he will be able to walk away without a long talk with lord-veritant or witch hunter.

 

Edited by Adolmaea

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I'd just kind of assumed some time in the far future we might see Valaya heading up a "Light Duradin" faction, perhaps more a mix of Fem!Dwarf models... but considering she didn't end up chained next to her brothers and the ambiguity of this Betrayal, I'm now wondering if we could end up with a darker - Chaos or otherwise - faction of Dwarfs, which might explain her conspicuous absence.

I remember in somewhere it mentions there are statues of Valaya in a skyport called Barak-Thrying so maybe she is just somewhere around in the mortal realms like Gazul

But yeah the new fluff of the great betrayal is interesting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Adolmaea said:
  Hide contents

Wasn't  Hess met by stormcasts from The Maelstorm of Light stormhost at the final page?  Even if they won't be able to feel demon's taint on him or something similar - it seems unlikely, that he will be able to walk away without a long talk with lord-veritant or witch hunter.

 

Ah you're right, I'd forgotten about that. So he probably won't unless they explain it away somehow. Bit of a shame but oh well at least it was a fun read.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey all, so awesome I've found this novel thread as I have wanted to dive a bit deeper into the AoS lore!  I've just started reading the Red Feast and I've got to say I really like it so far.  Won't speak much on spoilers or direct story elements but seeing how tribes interacted before the coming of Chaos is really interesting.

Quick question for everyone though, I really got into stormcast for the first time thanks to how they were portrayed in plague garden.  I love all the characters in it and was wondering where I would need to look next with regards to a timeline.  Which of the Hallowed knights books with the Steelsouls comes after plague garden?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Gash Bauer said:

Hey all, so awesome I've found this novel thread as I have wanted to dive a bit deeper into the AoS lore!  I've just started reading the Red Feast and I've got to say I really like it so far.  Won't speak much on spoilers or direct story elements but seeing how tribes interacted before the coming of Chaos is really interesting.

Quick question for everyone though, I really got into stormcast for the first time thanks to how they were portrayed in plague garden.  I love all the characters in it and was wondering where I would need to look next with regards to a timeline.  Which of the Hallowed knights books with the Steelsouls comes after plague garden?

Posted this above, but try this on for size: https://www.themortalrealms.com/age-of-reynolds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/2/2019 at 12:27 AM, Gash Bauer said:

Hey all, so awesome I've found this novel thread as I have wanted to dive a bit deeper into the AoS lore!  I've just started reading the Red Feast and I've got to say I really like it so far.  Won't speak much on spoilers or direct story elements but seeing how tribes interacted before the coming of Chaos is really interesting.

Quick question for everyone though, I really got into stormcast for the first time thanks to how they were portrayed in plague garden.  I love all the characters in it and was wondering where I would need to look next with regards to a timeline.  Which of the Hallowed knights books with the Steelsouls comes after plague garden?

Black pyramid is after plague garden

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just picked up maledictions, so I'm excited to have a read at that. too bad it comes with 40k stories too 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is an update on the mirror found in shadespire. The slaanesh facebook group uploaded pictures of the extract. 

From Malign portents. 

58917009_10216081038512197_3084049284627

Slaanesh Battletome (The slaanesh lord from the Malign portent story is involved.)

59285384_10216081038712202_3721205217677

59022574_10216081039032210_9173830821751

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's interesting ,any ideas who that soul could be ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

That's interesting ,any ideas who that soul could be ?

Before the slaanesh update, I am leaning upon Sigvald. I still think it's Sigvald. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, shinros said:

Before the slaanesh update, I am leaning upon Sigvald. I still think it's Sigvald. 

Yeah that was also my guess, but why Sigvald is in shadespire is quite strange to me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...