Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xking

The AoS lore and novels thread

20 hours ago, Still-young said:

Has anyone read Scourge of Fate by Robbie Macniven? I feel like it might be good for some Warcry inspiration/mood setting. 

It’s a great book. I wrote a review of it a couple months back, and I am probably going to re read it soon. Definitely an inspiration for upcoming Warcry games. 

• Like 3

I just finished the undying king and loved it. Any other novels with some FEC in them? Also anyone read Hamilcar?

Anyone knows the result of blightwar when Neave tried to assassinate Horticulus? Didn't buy the boxset and can not find information of the event anywhere else, but I heard Neave failed?

7 hours ago, Whitefang said:

Anyone knows the result of blightwar when Neave tried to assassinate Horticulus? Didn't buy the boxset and can not find information of the event anywhere else, but I heard Neave failed?

The booklet in the box doesn't say what happens in the end.

Spoiler

It only describes, between 3 missions, the situation when Blacktalon finally corners Horticulus, but apparently he escapes. 

Given the role of Horticulus in the Time of Tribulations and the subsequent Soul Wars, I think we can say Neave failed to banish him. Maybe the novel about Neave will have more informations about her past mission (as the book seems centered on Aqshy), but I'm not sure.

• Like 1

When I am reading the SCE battletome, I find out something interesting. It is said that only the first striking stormhost has the sacred hammer icon on their shield. But on the battletome I find out two kinds of shield with sacred hammer icon. (image attached)

Definitely, Hammer of Sigmar is one of the first striking stormhost. Is the sigmarite brotherhood also the first striking stromhost? Why are their shield pattern differs a little bit. Anyone has an idea?

sigmaritebrotherhood.PNG

hammerofsigmar_custom.JPG

All of the Sacrosanct units have the anvil and lightning bolt symbol in addition to the hammer symbol - the only reason the shields look different on those two units is because the Hammers unit pictured is a Sequitor, rather than a Liberator. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'd be interested to hear people's favorite characters from any of the novels so far.

Mine is probably a tie between Gardus and Ghosteater.  Gardus is becoming a very complex person (lightning elemental?), and Ghosteater is just awesome.  Maybe one day @JReynolds can write a book all about him.  

In terms of sheer badassness though, Vanik is on the path to winning. @RobbieM should write some sort of tie-in trilogy when Warcry comes out starring the Black Pilgrim.