Question on pitched battle rules

10 minutes ago, Cyberspidermancer said:

So I'm reading through my deepkin book, and are the very end it lists the point values for the army.

It also lists point values for battalions. So if I'm reading this right, if I want to get the extra abilities from building to a specific battalion, it costs me extra points?

Exactly. If you are playing "Matched Play" you would have to pay the battalions points to include the rules it provides in your army. You also get lower drops and an extra artifact. 

Points are found only in the  "Matched Play" section. Starts on pg 306 of the Core Book. Points are detailed in the Pitched Battle subsection starting on pg 310.

In "Narrative" and "Open" you do not pay points unless someone is introducing houserules.

3 minutes ago, Cyberspidermancer said:

extra question! The book says I can bring two ship wrecks. The ship wreck rules say I can separate the halves to make 2 pieces, or put them together to make one piece.  Does this mean I can put down two large ship pieces if I want? 

Take a look at the FAQs:

https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/age_of_sigmar_idoneth_deepkin_errata_en.pdf

https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/age_of_sigmar_idoneth_deepkin_designers_commentary_en.pdf

Q: The rules say that Idoneth Deepkin armies have the ability to place two Etheric Vortexes. A Gloomtide Shipwreck is an Etheric Vortex that can be placed in two halves. Does this mean that the total number of Shipwreck halves that may be placed by an Idoneth Deepkin player is 4?

A: No, the total number of Shipwreck halves that may be placed is 2. The rules allow the Idoneth Deepkin player to set up 2 Etheric Vortex terrain features; as noted on its warscroll, if a Gloomtide Shipwreck model is split up, each half of the model is 1 terrain feature, and therefore each half counts as 1 of the 2 terrain features you can set up.

Archived