Throt the unclean as a packmaster?

So, in the Skaven compendium Throt is classed as a packmaster. But this was before the new Skaventide battletome where packmasters are now a unit of 3 where only one can have a things-catcher.

i have 3 throt models, is this a valid unit of packmasters or do I need to do some kit bashing?

I assume you mean using the throt models as counts-as packmasters? When it comes to proxies/counts-as models, always just ask your opponent if it's okay with them, or simply explain to them what the unit is. 99% of the time they'll be fine with it or not even notice.

You don't have to use the old models as the generic hero equivalent the compendium says they are. He's an official GW moulder skaven model that has all the packmaster weapons, sounds like a perfect alternative packmaster model to me. Plus Throt, both character and model, aren't even in AoS nor sold on the GW store, so nobody will confuse the models for a different unit or anything like that.  I agree with @robinlvalentine that he does look more like a master moulder though (isle of blood one also has a thing-catcher!), not that it really matters. 🤭

9 hours ago, Cosmicsheep said:

The master moulder model seems to be based on Skweel Gnawtooth though. I’m trying to use my old models where possible

The Master Moulder has two weapon options - one matches the Skweel Gnawtooth model, the other matches Throt the Unclean. Lord knows why, considering GW don't sell the model anymore, but I can't think of any other Moulder hero model with a 'Things-Catcher' 

EDIT: Sorry just saw that the Island Of Blood model has one too! Weird that some models from that set got phased out and others didn't... 

The Island of Blood model has a taser-goad, not a thing catcher - though many are using it as a thing catcher now as there aren't rules for the taser goad.

The regular packmasters in the Rat Ogor box has one thing catcher, so my guess is that's where it comes from.

I, personally, would use the old Throt the Unclean's as Master Moulders, but they would work just fine as a unit of Packmasters too.

Archived