Theory craft - it's that possible?

Arlen Presleynn

Hi again mates. 

I made a little bit of theroycraft. And I found that:

In this list: 2k points

GHoN: vampire Lord (fly) general with Lord of nagashizzar 2x necro wight king arkham

30x grave guard 3x10 skellys 5 black knights, umbral spell portal deathmarch and lord of sacrament. 

In a perfect situation you can do 151 attacks +3/+3 with grave guard twice with dance, wight king and Vampire habilities and lord of nagashizzar trait. 

2 attacks + 1 from wight king +1 from vampire +1 from lord of nagashizzar times 30 grave guards+1 from senescal =151, and with necro spell I can do it twice... 

Is that so wonderful or is it only theroycraft? 

Tha k you mates

3 hours ago, Arlen Presleynn said:

Is that so wonderful or is it only theroycraft? 

That is extremely wonderful but only theorycraft....

Your math is correct, 67 wounding hits, 11 causing double damage and van hels gives them a second activation, they can destroy everything.

That is only something good, if you can charge your big blenderblob into something juicy (getting their fat behinds across the table). 

If I screen with 5 puppies, if terrain gets in the way, if your heroes get sniped, if you need three turns to get somewhere...

terrible things can happen when the dice start rolling 

2 hours ago, Arlen Presleynn said:

But, I want to try it this week...

Carefully aim the guard at something, even ambitious multi-charges are possible, buff them up and watch things disappear in a fine red mist...

with right timing and positioning the combo is deadly

He stated GHoN up front and with the generals ability it should be a grand host list...

then I ran the math through the warscroll builder and we’re mighty 110 points off... Deathmarch and Lords of Sacrament and the missing Mortis Engine is too much for 2k. Even reducing the guards to 20 leaves us with 10points over, you could also drop the portal... 1950

but only 20 guards and no portal, you sacrifice too much for two extra artifacts and three command points... 

But try it out

48 minutes ago, Honk said:

Why not? It is not very optimal, but possible 

Ok, guess I'm wrong. I've been thinking of a FAQ that describes how battalions and allegiances work without knowing this:

Q: Can the warscroll battalions for specific Legions be taken outside of the Legion named on their warscrolls? A: The First Cohort can only be taken as part of the Grand Host of Nagash (because the other Legions cannot include Nagash). Any other battalions for specific Legions can be included as part of a different Legion as long as that Legion also includes the Mortarch that must lead it. For example, to include the Court of Nulahmia in a Legion of Sacrament army, the army would also have to include Arkhan the Black (because if the Legion of the Sacrament has any Mortarchs, one must be Arkhan). 

Well mates, here I am to tell about my game. 

My list was: GHoN 2000

Arkham, 2x necromancers, vampire lord (flying) wight king with baleful blade.

30 grave guard

3x10 skellys

20 chainrasp 

5 black knights. 

Death March, umbral spellportl & pendulum (a big ****** really) 

My mate play with khorne thousands of barbarians, 3 slight priest... Two monster with 8 wounds each one (sorry I don't know this army very well)... 

The battlefield was ulgu ( very useful to me) I had the first turn and cast my umbral spellportal near arkham and the other one in the middle of battlefield. With a little bit mistake when I set up Mi units, I put grave guard behind chainrasp so I can't use the deathmarch move trait... Well at least, I tried the combo... 30 graveguard +wight king command (+1 att. Deathrattle) +vampire lord command (+1 att all Death) plus lord of nagashizzar (+1 att too) + Necromancer's dance (2 times pile and attack this combat phase) well all of this make 151 attacks +3/ +3 2 times... I killed two monsters and, when he summon bloodletters (20) I killed them two... I love grave guard. I still use this list, but with a little modification. With just wight king Or vampire lord they made 3 attacks +3+3...i think it is enough.. 

Any tip about that? 

Archived