Vermintide 2 Anniversary trailer

Forrix

Can't link it since I'm at work but there's a special trailer for Vermintide which uses GW minis for everything. At the very end they show the player characters as miniatures. However, I've never seen the Empire character minis before. Are these old OOP minis or kitbashes? They look newish to me. *Puts on tinfoil hat* Are they new miniatures revealed in a very roundabout way?

Wouldn't surprise me if they made it themselves. 

A lot of the companies that get hold of the GW licence - esp in the computer game sector - get the licence because they want to make a Warhammer game - heck even CA staff are big Warhammer geeks which is one reason they picked up the licence (lets not forget CA has the whole history of the world to play with as their IP for their games so they are not short on potential material to work with). 

Of course a lot of the smaller companies also want it because its a big enough name that it can help push their title further into the market than it might otherwise get under a generic in-house IP. So there's a solid business reason for wanting it - even CA, who have a good solid market of their own, likely wanted it in part because it would attract a new market and is a big enough name to help ensure a nice viable market interest for what was, at the time, a massive change from their standard formula for games. 

5 hours ago, Forrix said:

Can't link it since I'm at work but there's a special trailer for Vermintide which uses GW minis for everything. At the very end they show the player characters as miniatures. However, I've never seen the Empire character minis before. Are these old OOP minis or kitbashes? They look newish to me. *Puts on tinfoil hat* Are they new miniatures revealed in a very roundabout way?

Kitbashes i think

The empire guy is greatswords/general/regiment parts

4 minutes ago, Justjink said:

Hi guys, I painted everything you see in the trailer minus the heroes, which I helped kitbash

I painted over 800 skaven for this, let me know if you have questions! 

Hey great to hear from you! :)

How long did it take you and the others working on this to put it all together and paint it up to a complete setup? It looks like quite a lot of work went into creating towers of skaven charging up and swarming! 

On 3/8/2019 at 6:32 PM, Forrix said:

No, they’re kitbashes.

Unfortunately it was built in the studio and then taken down after the shoot, I’d love for it to be rebuilt though, but alas I think it’s unlikely, I have been told the making of video will appear soon so keep your eyes peeled.

Archived