Seraphon > Eternal Starhost > Patient Guardians

sorokyl

Question

Rule states:
If a unit of Saurus Guard from an Eternal Starhost does not move in it's movement or charge phases, its Celestite Polearms have a Damage characteristic of D3 rather than 1 in the following combat phase 

Unfortunately RAW I feel confident this means that this never applies during an opponents turn, since it refers to the combat phase following the Saurus Guard's movement/charge phases (Your turn). 

But RAI, this doesn't seem right. It is inconsistent with how rules are written now. So hopefully it will change. 

But in the meantime, I want to make sure I am not misinterpreting this rule. 

1 answer to this question

Yeah RAW the effect is only in your combat phase not your opponents. And I don’t really think you can have a RAI since it is explicit stating Your phases. 

You do have the command ability from Oldblood to help circumvent some of this but looks like it’s more dependent on the unit getting charged, or charging and then on subsequent turn of combat having the ability open.

And yes it is not very reflective of the latest rules but seraphon are one of the oldest books remaining from 1st edition  so it would make sense lot if he rules feel very outdated now.

Archived