Tyrion, in light reborn!

• 1 month later...
On 3/18/2019 at 12:40 PM, FlatTooth said:

Also give me fairy-aelves from the wanderers. Thanks, GW. Checks in the mail. 

I know this is off-topic, but I need this. Ariel's old aesthetic was completely unique in the world of warhammer. My idea is a shard of Ariel that escaped fusion with Alarielle taking fairy spite form and leading and army of wrathful spites to wreak vengeance on, well anyone. Maybe in the same tome as Wanderers, pretty please? Anyway, I fully support your idea.

• Like 1

On 7/5/2019 at 4:35 PM, AthelLoren said:

So, what about Aqshy/Hysh Phoenix Aelves? Like, completely reworked to be entirely Phoenix themed. Phoenix riders, fiery wings, etc. I mean, I know High Elves aren't exactly my expertise, but I think that would be an interesting rework.

I would love for them to grab all the Phoenix units from the World that was and expand them into a new faction in the way they did DoK.

Add both units of Phoenix and a Monstrous Cavalry unit of smaller Flamespyres.

Have them emulate the old Phoenix King tradition in a far more literal way. Could have a cool centerpiece leader model as a great burning Elf Lord with a similar style to the Eidolon models from IDK. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Thiagoma said:

All the Elven related rumor engines. I have a teory:

What if GW intend to unify "high Elves" and Wanderers? New models could reduce the visual gap bettwen both groups and create something cohesive.

Any thoughts?

I am hoping that Hysh Elves will be a similar release to Gits, some new kits but mostly tying the old high elf  line. Background wise Tyrion and Teclis seem to be marshaling a variety of elves that reside in the realm of light along with the various spirits. What the army really needs is a new battle line and a shooting unit to form the bulwark of the force. Whatever elites will be released it'll be a bonus in my view.

If they choose this vision I don't think we'll see rules for unified elves. What that means for wanderers I don't know, although I hope they come later rather than sooner as to me they're pretty uninteresting and far cry from being any major player in the story. Perhaps with some battalions and rules that change few keywords and open access to a lore but I think this won't satisfy anyone in the long run. Story wise the wanderers are trying to redeem themselves, while those under Teclis seem to be preparing for the rampage of Slaanesh and her hedonist followers.  

If they choose to release an unified tome for the old elves that'd likely mean they need to put more resources into design and production of the new armies along with something that ties the older fragments. A rather inelegant solution in my view. Although I enjoy elves I don't think the game needs to have that many of them. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tiger said:

I am hoping that Hysh Elves will be a similar release to Gits, some new kits but mostly tying the old high elf  line. Background wise Tyrion and Teclis seem to be marshaling a variety of elves that reside in the realm of light along with the various spirits. What the army really needs is a new battle line and a shooting unit to form the bulwark of the force. Whatever elites will be released it'll be a bonus in my view.

If they choose this vision I don't think we'll see rules for unified elves. What that means for wanderers I don't know, although I hope they come later rather than sooner as to me they're pretty uninteresting and far cry from being any major player in the story. Perhaps with some battalions and rules that change few keywords and open access to a lore but I think this won't satisfy anyone in the long run. Story wise the wanderers are trying to redeem themselves, while those under Teclis seem to be preparing for the rampage of Slaanesh and her hedonist followers.  

If they choose to release an unified tome for the old elves that'd likely mean they need to put more resources into design and production of the new armies along with something that ties the older fragments. A rather inelegant solution in my view. Although I enjoy elves I don't think the game needs to have that many of them. 

I don't disagree, (I've always been more of a High Elf fan than a Wood Elf fan, even though I like both) but still, there's an undeniable Wanderish bent to the recent rumor engines. That Shadespire lion for example has a blatantly Wanderer pattern on it's armor.

Horns are also more a Wanderer thing than a High Aelf one, and the horse looking thing appears to be unarmored, which is also a bit more of a Wanderer thing.

There's also the fact that pretty much the entire old High Aelf range is still online only in white boxes and square bases, while Wanderers are almost fully reboxed on rounds and have had (weak) allegiance abilities for the last few years in the GHB. Wanderers haven't gotten much story attention the last few years, but as a faction and model line they are better supported.

In terms of Storyline, Forbidden Power had Teclis refuse to mobilize for Sigmar, which could mean we aren't getting Hysh Aelves until a little further down the line. In Black Library there are short stories about Sylvaneth, Deepkin, DoK, Wanderers and Corsairs, but nothing focused on Hysh/High Aelves or Ulgu Aelves so far.

Whether that means Wanderers get absorbed into High Aelves or whether that means they get a book sooner I can't say, but just based on evidence I can't rule out Wanderers right now.

That said, I think the biggest obstacle towards combining Wanderers and Hysh Aelves is that they worship different Gods. Wanderers have never been depicted as worshiping Tyrion/Teclis, Malerion, or Morathi, but are currently estranged from Ariel.  I could see them continue as godless Wanderers, re-uniting with Ariel and the Sylvaneth (unlikely for now, given the Sylvaneth book doesn't give any indication of that happening) or maybe worshiping a revived Kurnoth/Orion like figure...

Edited by madmac
  • Like 1

On 7/9/2019 at 7:07 AM, madmac said:

I don't disagree, (I've always been more of a High Elf fan than a Wood Elf fan, even though I like both) but still, there's an undeniable Wanderish bent to the recent rumor engines. That Shadespire lion for example has a blatantly Wanderer pattern on it's armor.

Horns are also more a Wanderer thing than a High Aelf one, and the horse looking thing appears to be unarmored, which is also a bit more of a Wanderer thing.

There's also the fact that pretty much the entire old High Aelf range is still online only in white boxes and square bases, while Wanderers are almost fully reboxed on rounds and have had (weak) allegiance abilities for the last few years in the GHB. Wanderers haven't gotten much story attention the last few years, but as a faction and model line they are better supported.

In terms of Storyline, Forbidden Power had Teclis refuse to mobilize for Sigmar, which could mean we aren't getting Hysh Aelves until a little further down the line. In Black Library there are short stories about Sylvaneth, Deepkin, DoK, Wanderers and Corsairs, but nothing focused on Hysh/High Aelves or Ulgu Aelves so far.

Whether that means Wanderers get absorbed into High Aelves or whether that means they get a book sooner I can't say, but just based on evidence I can't rule out Wanderers right now.

That said, I think the biggest obstacle towards combining Wanderers and Hysh Aelves is that they worship different Gods. Wanderers have never been depicted as worshiping Tyrion/Teclis, Malerion, or Morathi, but are currently estranged from Ariel.  I could see them continue as godless Wanderers, re-uniting with Ariel and the Sylvaneth (unlikely for now, given the Sylvaneth book doesn't give any indication of that happening) or maybe worshiping a revived Kurnoth/Orion like figure...

A revived Kurnoth/Orion figure, you say? I DO like that idea.....

16 minutes ago, AthelLoren said:

Thanks, Thiagoma! I'm excited, as that Lion definitely rings of Wanderers... If not, probably High Elves, which is still good news, because they would still be reaching out to less central factions.

If the Lion is Wanderers, it is possible that Lion Rangers get mixed into then as well.

• LOVE IT! 1

Thinking about how Hyshian Aelves would play... logic and intelligence is typically shown by GW through abilities to generate command points.   Maybe Hyshian Aelves would have an insane command point generation engine and an extreme thirst for command points.   Command points are also the most reliable mechanic in AoS (compared to magic, shooting etc.) which fits the “reliability” component that is always an Aelven feature.

• Like 1

And to add to that, Hyshian Aelves battleline troops can spend command points, not relying on nearby heroes unlike all the inferior races.  Nice way to reflect the entire thirst for knowledge from the lowliest troop up.   And then they are a resource like Khornes bloodtithe to spend different amounts on different abilities.   Or just make everything more consistent.

• Like 1

Generating extra command points and fighting first seem perks that are tied to being from Hysh.

I'd see it rather fitting that  a faction terrain will be some sort of obelisks that allow teleportation or some sort of resource gathering (plus a nice way to meme "you must construct additional pylons").

It's rather depressing how little we know about them. 

so we know that hysh gems (gems made from pure hysh magic) improve both physical and mental speed, combined with @Aelven supremacy's ideas we see a a speedy army with good command point usage and @Tiger's fighting first means they will likely be charge focused, speed and charge = cavalry in my mind which would fit some of the rumor engine stuff. plus we have the martial orders tidbit which combined with the cavalry idea = knights coughcoughaelvenbretonianscoughcough 

this is of coarse wild speculation 

From WD:

Both Tyrion and Teclis are active presences in the Ten Paradises of Hysh, teaching their people and leading them in the arts of war

Speculation, the "Ten Paradises" is a land unspoiled by Chaos and controlled by the Twins. Possibly cultivated by the Twins from the start and from there they will launch their offensives. I find it intriguing that it's referred as the "ten", further speculation, perhaps that is the number of "provinces" that compose the Twins empire (or perhaps hegemony).

In the Malign Sorcery there is an artifact called "The sash of The ten Paradises".

Edited by Tiger

On 3/17/2019 at 12:24 PM, Gecktron said:

I don't think that's so unrealistic but I think GW will give the Fairy theme to the wanderers. They already have a nature theme and are accompanied by little spirits and animals. It wouldn't be much of a stretch to incorporate some Irish mythology into the miniature line. 

Fae Kingdoms or something like that would make for a great name. 

Tyrion will keep his martial prowess and knightly theme. 

anything faery-esque will probably be given to the Sylvaneth, as the new Wanderers are most likely going to focus on the primal aspect of aelves and the beasts that they share Ghur(?) with

On 5/3/2019 at 10:42 PM, Eldarain said:

Judging by the new blurb in the Slaanesh tome there will be some kind of spirit element

“...Teclis begins to gather armies of his own. He amasses the martial orders of the Realm of Light, and invokes ancient pacts with the spirits of Hysh to bolster his gleaming warhosts for the new era of conflict to come.”

I am so down for spirit soldiers/constructs fighting alongside angelic, geometric aelves... Please GW take my MONEY

On 7/8/2019 at 8:42 PM, Thiagoma said:

What if GW intend to unify "high Elves" and Wanderers? New models could reduce the visual gap bettwen both groups and create something cohesive.

Any thoughts? 

sorry for the third post, I just caught up and the Hysh aelves get me so excited 😅

But, those rumor engines coupled with the teaser for Underworlds: Beastgrave is pointing towards a Ghur-themed Wanderers faction. I've mentioned it in another thread, but I see this as part of the old faction splits--whereas Sylvaneth are the (Wood) Elves who merged with aspects/spirits of Athel Loren (LIFE), the Wanderers would be the Wood/High Elves who merged with the primal aspects  (BEASTS).

Aelf-centaur immediately reminds me of the Wild Hunt and Kurnous. The lion model could mean we will see some High and Dark Elves included in the Wanderers, since all 3 have rangers (shades, shadow warriors, waywatchers) and all 3 have beast-taming aspects.

This ALSO lines up with the Ulgu and Hysh aelves still to be released: Ulgu is the Dark Elf split from Daughters, and Hysh is the High Elf split from Idoneth. I am not sure if those current aelf factions are tied to a realm specifically...but the parallels/mirror are definitely there. This can eventually lead to a shared tome too, like what happened with orruks.

• Like 1

To be honest, I'm wishfully hoping that we're going to see some of the hysh elves that were merged with the native spirits of the Hysh. In part I feel it continues what we've seen with Sylvaneth, Daughters of Khaine and possibly wanderers. The other part because it's something that allows me to port "knights radiant" into my own background.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...