Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AaronWIlson

Tyrion, in light reborn!

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Turin Turambar said:

who says bigger is better, massive and big is not something aelves should be. they should be graceful and tall yes, but not big. who says bigger is better if you can make your aelves just as strong but smaller, that is infact an advantage. why make your aelves bigger (and thus rewuire more resources) if it adds nothing but some thing that impresses (some) humans? none. its we already know teclis thinks the perfect aelves would be indoneth sized, so why wouldn't his brother?

I didn't say bigger because bigger is better (that's a bit orky). I said they should have some balance between  being big, strong and agile. If you want to point that normal elves are the best sized elf-entities, then go for it. Imho, an elven god could aim a bit higher.

About mindless elfs... It was just a concept. I wanted to say that they can create whatever they want to put something under the grimdark umbrella. You can go with the same (arrogant, racist, etc...) or any other thing (perfect entities being broken because their father's arrogance).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Beliman said:

I didn't say bigger because bigger is better (that's a bit orky). I said they should have some balance between  being big, strong and agile. If you want to point that normal elves are the best sized elf-entities, then go for it. Imho, an elven god could aim a bit higher.

About mindless elfs... It was just a concept. I wanted to say that they can create whatever they want to put something under the grimdark umbrella. You can go with the same (arrogant, racist, etc...) or any other thing (perfect entities being broken because their father's arrogance).

fair enough

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been thinking about Hysh recently (partly due to this thread), so I was looking at its lore...

  • Hysh is a realm where reason and symmetry rule, and where purity endures the touch of Chaos. (So obviously reason, symmetry and purity will play a key role in Tyrion's light aelves) 

  • Transient Isles: A floating archipelago containing many aelven sanctuaries. The Dawnspire is located in the smallest of these isles. (so light aelves are likely to have lots of units that can fly, be it the aelves themselves or their mounts)

  • Weaveweld Spire over the Dreaming Vales where stands bastion of the Swifthawk Agents. (so you could argue that swifthawk agents are one of the aelven subfactions more likely to be absorbed into light aelves)

  • The realm is notable as being the home to a variety of Aelvish cultures... (there will most likely be a variety of light aelf subfactions like space marine chapters)

  • A realm of symbolism and mind-expanding arithmantic lore (thus light aelves will likely be very mathematical), Hysh's interlocking planes are inhabited by people elevated to higher thought by the very nature of their homelands. The most part of their number have a love for reason and symmetry. Even the wordless tribes of the crystal caves are given to long periods of introspection, and the walls of their artfully sculpted tunnels are covered with intricate images and diagrams.

  • The magical energy of Hysh does not coalesce into realmstone deposits as with the other realms, but travels the lands and skies as beams of pure yellow-white illumination. When the seers of Hysh learned how to harness these beams in magically-translucent prisms, the composite realmstone-equivalent known as aetherquartz was devised. It quickly became a sought-after resource, and gem-like beads, jewels and necklaces strung with that incredible substance took the form of currency across the lands. Those who wore jewellery made from aetherquartz found that they took its light into themselves, the gemstones growing dull as their intellects blossomed at incredible speed. Even their movements became swifter and more dexterous, for the stuff of Hysh lends the speed of thought to body as well as mind. (so light aelves are likely to take that aelven trope of swiftness and dexterity up to 11, and will likely have some mechanics revolving around aetherquatz buffs)

  •  Others, however, found their personal weaknesses brought out into the light by the power they held in their hands. The lure of pride and the pursuit of perfection blended together to create a spectrum of unhealthy qualities. These were hidden at first, but as the contest to become the purest and most intelligent grew fiercer, they were soon revealed. At first, the friendly rivalry between two scholars might see them raise the pillars atop which they meditated to ever greater heights, or make their robes grow whiter and more luminous than those of their contemporaries. (GW seems to be going with arrogance and the persuit of beaty as one part of the grimdark side of light aelves)

  • "In Hysh luminous beings and angelic creatures of reason were born." (hence the idea that Tyrion's aelves will be angelic, what ever that means)

Sources:

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry but actually I think Tyrion might be themed as the Fairy King. I can imagine GWS releasing an entire series of light aelves with butterfly wings wielding light magic.

And they will intentionally misspell it as FAYRIE or something to get it copyrighted.

I am also putting my bet on a new Unicorn Calvary unit because friendship is magic.

Edited by InSaint

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, InSaint said:

Sorry but actually I think Tyrion might be themed as the Fairy King. I can imagine GWS releasing an entire series of light aelves with butterfly wings wielding light magic.

And they will intentionally misspell it as FAYRIE or something to get it copyrighted.

I am also putting my bet on a new Unicorn Calvary unit because friendship is magic.

I don't think that's so unrealistic but I think GW will give the Fairy theme to the wanderers. They already have a nature theme and are accompanied by little spirits and animals. It wouldn't be much of a stretch to incorporate some Irish mythology into the miniature line. 

Fae Kingdoms or something like that would make for a great name. 

 

Tyrion will keep his martial prowess and knightly theme. 

Edited by Gecktron
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gecktron said:

I don't think that's so unrealistic but I think GW will give the Fairy theme to the wanderers. They already have a nature theme and are accompanied by little spirits and animals. It wouldn't be much of a stretch to incorporate some Irish mythology into the miniature line. 

Fae Kingdoms ore something like that would make for a great name. 

 

Tyrion will keep his martial prowess and knightly theme. 

Tyrion's Aelves could be in the aspect of Fae as depicted in Spencer's "Faerie Queen, as seen by the nobility, whereas the Wanderers could take on the older, wilder aspects of Fae mythology such as the Wild Hunt and the Black Dog that were more in line with country commoner culture.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Aelfric said:

Tyrion's Aelves could be in the aspect of Fae as depicted in Spencer's "Faerie Queen, as seen by the nobility, whereas the Wanderers could take on the older, wilder aspects of Fae mythology such as the Wild Hunt and the Black Dog that were more in line with country commoner culture.

but isn't Faerie Queen about arthurian knights? I don't remember actual fae in it (i could be mistaken though). but I still think since Tyrion is called the god of logic in at least one source his aelves are going to be magic/light/speed(a major element of the realm of light)/logic army.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Turin Turambar said:

but I still think since Tyrion is called the god of logic in at least one source his aelves are going to be magic/light/speed(a major element of the realm of light)/logic army.

1

I haven't seen this reference. It's clear that Tyrion is still a warrior (can't recall but the scene has priests recreating one his feats with mirrors), yet he seems to also be about true meaning. The blind being noted as being favored by him if this is something that mortals correlated is unknown, however, it's noted in The Prodigal short story.

Nice write up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Turin Turambar said:

but isn't Faerie Queen about arthurian knights? I don't remember actual fae in it (i could be mistaken though). but I still think since Tyrion is called the god of logic in at least one source his aelves are going to be magic/light/speed(a major element of the realm of light)/logic army.

Well, it has been a long time since I read it and it is primarily about knights and chivalry, but I thought it was an allegorical poem set in a version of Fairieland with giants and dragons and other mythical creatures that the knights encounter to display their virtues.  It was a long (and I mean long) time ago so I may have mis-remembered.  In any event, this idea of Fairieland is not how the common people viewed, and interacted with, the otherworld and the Fae in folk tale.  I was trying to make a distinction between the two versions.  

I totally agree that Tyrion's version of Aelves will reflect the Realm, and himself,  in some way, especially regarding light and movement.   I am most curious, though, as to how GW are going to represent this in the model Aesthetic, more so than the rules themselves really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah echoing @FlatTooth here, I would love GW to go in hard on a proper weird scary fae army, something really wild, but I definitely see expanding Sylvaneth or Wanderers as the more obvious options for that. I'd love a big horned god style Kurnoth model and more weird spites in various shapes.

Likewise I've always assumed a new 'Light Aelf' Hysh based army would lean into a mix of crystalline, geometric shapes and angelic beings. With some standard angelic forms but then really digging into the truly, deeply, frankly weird as ****** world of angelology, many winged burning Seraphim, Dominions, Thrones (not sure Anyone's ready for massive burning wheels within wheels covered in hundreds of eyes, but hey why not!) and Powers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

somethinhg I think could also be cool to see, is a subfaction of hysh (be it free peoples, or a light aelf subfaction) that are all about cold logic and the math of war.

you see i really love the deathkorps of krieg and was reading the siege of vraks the other day (and imperial armor volume 12, can never remember its name) and (other than the cult of sacrifice) the main theme of the deathkorps is cold logic and the math of war. since Hysh is the realm of logic and mathematics (aswell as magic, light and speed [of mind and body]) it would make sence that atleast some in Hysh would view war in this cold logic and mathematical way, aditonaly you could have magical clones (like the soldiers in fate apocrypha, essentially vate born grown with magic), and an attriotion warfare army. 

if its a light aelf sub faction it could be the chaos cultists to the rest of the armie's chaos space marines. while most of the army is fairly elite aelfs, you can take some of these expendable hysh-deathkorps troops as bubblerap/or what ever.

perhapps not my best idea but I still think this could be cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, JPjr said:

Likewise I've always assumed a new 'Light Aelf' Hysh based army would lean into a mix of crystalline, geometric shapes and angelic beings. With some standard angelic forms but then really digging into the truly, deeply, frankly weird as ****** world of angelology, many winged burning Seraphim, Dominions, Thrones (not sure Anyone's ready for massive burning wheels within wheels covered in hundreds of eyes, but hey why not!) and Powers.

You mean like this kind of geometric angel? lol

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually for an endless spell / terrain piece etc definitely something that takes that kind of idea and then weirds it up even more is on the lines of what I'd like to see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×