Tyrion, in light reborn!

Okay but for real I would give my left arm to see a new high elf battle tome, called it something so they can trade mark it light "Asurysans Chosen" etc.

Who doesn't want a angelic tyrion, god of light alongside his new race of angelic bad ass high elves!  I WANT IT NOW :D

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AaronWIlson said:

Okay but for real I would give my left arm to see a new high elf battle tome, called it something so they can trade mark it light "Asurysans Chosen" etc

Sorry but Asuryan is dead since the End Times, his remaining divine essence going to his true chosen one:  Malekith, now know as Malerion.

Seriously I hope the angelic light aelves won't be similar to the current ex-high elves, otherwise it will give GW a reason to squat them. I really want the light aelves to be something new and original, like the Idoneth. The books mention the realm of Hysh to be filled with mind boggling logic, bizarre symmetry and impossible geometry. Perhaps the light aelves will be alien minded creatures, detached from common thinking.

Edited by The Golem
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, AaronWIlson said:

Okay but for real I would give my left arm to see a new high elf battle tome, called it something so they can trade mark it light "Asurysans Chosen" etc.

Who doesn't want a angelic tyrion, god of light alongside his new race of angelic bad ass high elves!  I WANT IT NOW :D

I'd bet serious money its coming. These things take time but its coming!

The artwork for Hysh in the core rulebook does appear to have winged beings in it, so actual feathered winged Aelves is not out of the question.  It would be nice if it was slightly more left field than that.  However, you can't change Aelven appearance too much; there comes a point where they would no longer be Aelves.  I can imagine them being larger than standard Aelves, say on a height level with Brutes but retaining the slim graceful shape, maybe some even larger, with their Aelven features accentuated to a sharper level to give them a more alien, crystalline feel.  The larger models would allow for greater distinction in the features, whilst still retaining their Aelvishness.  They've proved with Allariele that they can scale up the Aelven form (with wings).

• Like 1

@Aelfric I hope not, I would hate if their entire range was large models, I wouldn't mind if some were larger but I would want and prefure them to be smaller then stormcaste I like my standard battleline soldiers to be roughly human sized (hence why I'll never play 100% [primaris] space marine or stormcaste or wraithguard armies) although I would prefure them to be tall, I don't own Alarielle but she is a god and thus should be bigger then non-diety elves (if you ask me) but i also don't have an idea how big she is ( i also can't find good pictures with another model for scale)

as long as they look good though i will be happy (although perhaps disappointed if they are too big)

8 hours ago, Gorthor21 said:

We all know how the war of vengeance went despite what a foul Elgin will say about having to fight a civil war.

5B21119B-E88F-4F3D-9323-0B96C8A14084.jpeg

yeah it ruined the dwarves so much they never recovered

14 hours ago, Kaleb Daark said:

the only new models we need for any elf faction is casualties.

The only good elf, is a dead one.

Thread closed... Move along, there's nothing to see here.

the only thing mayflies are good for is dying so an elf may live

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Gorthor21 said:

Say that to dwarven thunder.  I never saw elves retaking all those cities the dwarves tore down.

thats because aelven cities got taken over by humans, it was more wise to let friendly mayflies hold them so you can trade, rather then over stretch like silly dwarves. besides elves still control all our other colonies outside the old world.

On 3/9/2019 at 2:55 AM, Aelfric said:

The artwork for Hysh in the core rulebook does appear to have winged beings in it, so actual feathered winged Aelves is not out of the question.  It would be nice if it was slightly more left field than that.  However, you can't change Aelven appearance too much; there comes a point where they would no longer be Aelves.  I can imagine them being larger than standard Aelves, say on a height level with Brutes but retaining the slim graceful shape, maybe some even larger, with their Aelven features accentuated to a sharper level to give them a more alien, crystalline feel.  The larger models would allow for greater distinction in the features, whilst still retaining their Aelvishness.  They've proved with Allariele that they can scale up the Aelven form (with wings).

It will likely be comparing Dwarves of WHFB to the Kharadron Overlords in how different they are.  I think to an extent they want them to BARELY look like Aelves for copywrite purposes, but I don't think they will take it too far. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lord Veshnakar said:

It will likely be comparing Dwarves of WHFB to the Kharadron Overlords in how different they are.  I think to an extent they want them to BARELY look like Aelves for copywrite purposes, but I don't think they will take it too far. 

Like Idoneth and the reborn Daughters, the souls have come from the belly of Slaanesh so change is inevitable from a lore perspective as well.  They have to be recognisable as Aelves as they are Aelven souls, but how they will differ is anybody's guess.  Fortunately, we all seem to like guessing :).

• Like 1

I do not belive that Tyrions Aelves are gona be "angelic" in the sense of winged Aelves, the same way Teclis ones are not Chuthullu elves and people will be very disapointed, AGAIN.

Angelic might be a description of beauty, grace elegance.

Also, if there is something involving wings, it will be Phoenix related. From all former elven lore released so far, Phoenix Temple are the only mentioned  "high elf"subfaction with concrete description in the Mortal Realms, with Phoenicium on the Firestorm Campaign.

My take on it is that Hyish Elves are gona be the new "traditional" High Elves with Phoenix tematic.

Imho, they need to be something close to Brutes or StormCast. If you are an aelven god, you want perfection (tell that to Idoneth...).

In other words: something big, strong and fast (perfect balance).

Tyrion & Teclis don't have an anvil to reforge their children, so it's not out of place to think that hysh aelves should be designed with some type of healing" powers too (auto-healing, auto-ressurect, Ynnari abilities, etc...).

And of course, magic. A lot of magic (buff, debuff, missile, etc...). I'm not sure if they need any type of mount or warmachine (wings can be an answer for mounts for example).

The grimdark face of this design could be that they are mindless entities (that explains a little bit their problem with ID). If you are an Aelven god and wants to control everything, it could be the best/worst solution (classic elven fix).

4 hours ago, Beliman said:

Imho, they need to be something close to Brutes or StormCast. If you are an aelven god, you want perfection (tell that to Idoneth...).

In other words: something big, strong and fast (perfect balance).

Tyrion & Teclis don't have an anvil to reforge their children, so it's not out of place to think that hysh aelves should be designed with some type of healing" powers too (auto-healing, auto-ressurect, Ynnari abilities, etc...).

And of course, magic. A lot of magic (buff, debuff, missile, etc...). I'm not sure if they need any type of mount or warmachine (wings can be an answer for mounts for example).

The grimdark face of this design could be that they are mindless entities (that explains a little bit their problem with ID). If you are an Aelven god and wants to control everything, it could be the best/worst solution (classic elven fix).

who says bigger is better, massive and big is not something aelves should be. they should be graceful and tall yes, but not big. who says bigger is better if you can make your aelves just as strong but smaller, that is infact an advantage. why make your aelves bigger (and thus rewuire more resources) if it adds nothing but some thing that impresses (some) humans? none. its we already know teclis thinks the perfect aelves would be indoneth sized, so why wouldn't his brother?

also large models are far too spacemariney. why play massive order troops with an anglic look when you already have storm cast (massive troops with an arguably angelic look). I predict the hysh aelves will be shorter and (much) more lithe compared to stormcast.

and who said anything about tyrion or teclis wanting to control everything (that sounds more malerion to me), so I doubt your mindless aelves thing. no i think tyrion's aelves are going to be an attempt at making the aelves from the world that was, but better. mindless would make them like animals or undead, which is literally the opposite of superior and aelfishness, it would destroy any alefishness about the faction and you might aswell have them not aelves. If they give them major character flaws it will be that they lack emotions (at the most extreme) but more likely that they are super arrogant and racist and quick to anger (after all age of sigmar is about taking a theme/idea and turning it up to 11, and then to 11 again)

their grimdark is that because they are superior in most ways to all other order members they are both extremely arrogant and racist. they can also inherit Tyrion's temper. and ofcaurse they will have mounts. every army needs centre piece models, that means big warmachines or big monsters/mounts.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Turin Turambar said:

who says bigger is better, massive and big is not something aelves should be. they should be graceful and tall yes, but not big. who says bigger is better if you can make your aelves just as strong but smaller, that is infact an advantage. why make your aelves bigger (and thus rewuire more resources) if it adds nothing but some thing that impresses (some) humans? none. its we already know teclis thinks the perfect aelves would be indoneth sized, so why wouldn't his brother?

I didn't say bigger because bigger is better (that's a bit orky). I said they should have some balance between  being big, strong and agile. If you want to point that normal elves are the best sized elf-entities, then go for it. Imho, an elven god could aim a bit higher.

About mindless elfs... It was just a concept. I wanted to say that they can create whatever they want to put something under the grimdark umbrella. You can go with the same (arrogant, racist, etc...) or any other thing (perfect entities being broken because their father's arrogance).