Tyrion, in light reborn!

As much as I would love to see some "High elves" love, I don't think that we will get anything till 2020, at least. Death + Ogors + Kurnothi/Beastgrave, along with the need to release Psychich Awakening/Space Marines supplements for 40k compress the calendar a lot.  However, next year there could be some sort of campaign related to the release of Slaanesh and the appearance of Malerion and Teclis/Tyrion to fight against it.

Also, the idea  of crystal golems is amazing!

On 8/27/2019 at 2:31 PM, Cronotekk said:

They wouldn't be angelic since that's the aesthetic of the realm of heavens, light realm is a lot of geometric weird looking guys. I can see it being an army of high elf wizards controlling crystal golems

they are described in the core rule book as angelic, and they are supposed to have an alliance with hysh spirits. so it will likely be 'angelic' aelves, in purfeclty mathematical armor fighting along side "hysh spirits" some or all of which will be crystalline construct things. hysh gems (made from pure hysh magic) increase speed of mind and body, so they will likely heavy lean into speed and maneuver (so lots of cavalry type things) and hysh is also associated with mathematics, so artillery (the most mathematical weapon system in any time period)  should be a big theme.

they are also supposed to have military orders, and most aelves in hysh live on floating sky islands so there should be plenty of flying things (although this may be retconned)

if they are being released in the next year or so then we may get a tease, but i am not expecting anything at all (other then mentions in lore) intill  2020.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Turin Turambar said:

they are described in the core rule book as angelic, and they are supposed to have an alliance with hysh spirits. so it will likely be 'angelic' aelves, in purfeclty mathematical armor fighting along side "hysh spirits" some or all of which will be crystalline construct things. hysh gems (made from pure hysh magic) increase speed of mind and body, so they will likely heavy lean into speed and maneuver (so lots of cavalry type things) and hysh is also associated with mathematics, so artillery (the most mathematical weapon system in any time period)  should be a big theme.

they are also supposed to have military orders, and most aelves in hysh live on floating sky islands so there should be plenty of flying things (although this may be retconned)

if they are being released in the next year or so then we may get a tease, but i am not expecting anything at all (other then mentions in lore) intill  2020.

Even so, nothing even in rumor engines suggest Elves other than what was show into Kurnothi, and sometimes those comes many months or years in advance, so...

• 2 months later...

I think the Waystone looking rumor engine could be Hysh Aelves, but on balance it looks more like Wanderers to me, and I'd be surprised to see Light Aelves getting released before Wanderers/Kurnothi at this point, with them getting the protag slot in Beastgrave among other things.

If we get Kurnothi and Light Aelves in the same year, then maybe.

On the subject of rumor engines, STD took a couple, but lets look at what's left for maybe aelven:

image.png.31e5f1793720bbe6b7e0f9476b6b5fac.pngimage.png.977e7aebc27d38284708b181b71dfff9.pngimage.png.68b40baf9e10dbcf57b9b2dddf8da598.png

image.png.d00320622c0e019a178613da1d8154ce.pngimage.png.c0361b3ea3eaf36aaca4f8b6b6ba3201.pngimage.png.c837bfca5a79e4b086daa75146b58e3b.png

It's not a big pool, but it's unlikely any of these are STD at this point. I think the staff is probably from the DoK Beastgrave warband, the crossbow looking thing is a hard call, and I can't deny there's some flame stylings on some of these that could be Hysh Aelves. OTOH, the waystone looks Wanderish and the bit in the back looks kind of like a Kurnothi tail. The pony tail also seems like something wanderers would have, and the boot is hard to call but I'm going to say definitely not Hysh if nothing else.

Mind, the big STD/Death releases are out of the way, as is Phoenix Rising for the space aelves, so it's not terribly likely any of those are snagging these.

I think next year we'll see one, maybe two new Aelf armies, Got Scuttlers, and who knows what else. The next two months of rumor engines are going to be enlightening, I think.

Edited by madmac

1 hour ago, Icegoat said:

Oh great more aelf. Where is the human of the realms??? Disappointment.... The aelf is the last race that needs more faction. Orruks ogors humans duardin have max two armies each aelf hot like four or five and now they get more.???

In the - I want to say Bonereaper focused - recent podcast (Stormcast) the designer said that basically the mortal humans of the Realms are currently mostly Slaves to Darkness. That is to say humans that run the gauntlet from totally devoted to Chaos - all the way to wildmen who just about worship a few rocks. From huge chaos fortresses and lords to human cities who worship different gods, which are just the puppet plaything creations of the chaos gods (basically greater demons pretending to be other gods).

So all those Chaos warriors and knights; all those marauders; all those various and creative Warcry Warbands - THAT is the human population of the Realms.

After that there's a bastion of humanity hiding in the Cities of Sigmar. However whilst their cities are often very extensive and there are regions that no longer feel the brunt of war against Chaos and have been cleansed far behind the front lines; they are still a small bastion compared to the wilds of the realms. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Icegoat said:

Oh great more aelf. Where is the human of the realms??? Disappointment.... The aelf is the last race that needs more faction. Orruks ogors humans duardin have max two armies each aelf hot like four or five and now they get more.???

I want regular elves. With pointy hats. Smug fancy ****** elves with giantic hats with wings on it and a cherry on top.

Dont wanna fish elves, murder elves or furry elves.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Icegoat said:

2, aelves they currently have 2. and a joint faction. dwarves have 2, humans have 2. if you count

CoS. then aelves have 2 factions and 6 subfactions that can't be played by themselves

humans have 2 factions and 1subfaction  that can kinda be played on its own, and 2 that can't be

dwarves have 2 factions and 2 subfactions that can't really be played on its own., etc

aelves are equal to dwarves right now. worse infact as aelves have 2 minor faction of barely armoured silly aelves while dwarves atleast  have an unarmoured silly faction and heavily armoured less silly-to unsilly faction (being silly is subjective)

Pfft worse than dwarves HAHAH. Big model ranges, good rules, and the KO and Fyre are getting scraps. 4 AoS armies eventually + legacy models. Always good rules. Nothing but spoiled elf in here. 

Meanwhile KO are one of the worst army in the game for years same with Fyre. Yeah I can't say I have any sympathy at this point and I say that as also an Idoneth Deepkin player. 

5 hours ago, Barkanaut said:

Pfft worse than dwarves HAHAH. Big model ranges, good rules, and the KO and Fyre are getting scraps. 4 AoS armies eventually + legacy models. Always good rules. Nothing but spoiled elf in here. 

Meanwhile KO are one of the worst army in the game for years same with Fyre. Yeah I can't say I have any sympathy at this point and I say that as also an Idoneth Deepkin player. 

i was talking purely models and style. not rules.

as for model ranges, correct me if i am wrong (i don't own any of these as their styles don't appeal to me) but

fyreslayers have 10 warscrolls

KO have 12

DoK have 11

IDK have 12

so they have similar range sizes

6 hours ago, Barkanaut said:

Please, turn it down a notch. We get it. You are very unhappy with the state of Kharadron Overlords. 
KOs have problems, I know. They are my biggest AoS army but they are not the worst. They even win major tournaments from time to time. Look at the most recent stats on The Honest Wargamer. They have more wins than a number of other factions. 

Its okay that you like an update, I do too, but just repeating the same stuff every few pages doesnt help anyone. Neither does attacking people who like to see more aelfs. 

Edited by Gecktron
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2