Tyrion, in light reborn!

I move that we retitle this thread: Eltharion in armour reborn!

On a more pertinent note: San, the titular Princess Mononoke, comes into conflict with Lady Eboshi and the residents of Irontown for their negative impact and thoughtlessness towards nature and the forest's spirits. Is it possible Teclis is protective of the spirits and is brought into conflict with the residents Hysh?

Now I am hoping for a dual box of Lumineth Realm-lords vs Cities of Sigmar.

Edited by Neverchosen

@elfhead good point, but I do not think that it would be an identical conflict to the film, but rather a parallel as Teclis and the citizens of Hysh may be in direct conflict. Although now that I put more though into it, a Lumineth Realm-lords/Slaanesh box would probably be more lore friendly and combines two opposing grand alliances. 

Seeing the similarities between the plumes on the Pointy Aelves and Shalaxi, makes me hope that Slaanesh's 'mortal' followers will be a force of corrupted Aelves. We do have some Aelf chaos worshipers in the Splintered Fang warband in Warcy but with a different aesthetic. 

Slaanesh corrupted elves is what I have been Working in the last couple of years, you can check ‘m out in my plog😬

I’m hoping the Lumineth have a good narrative and interesting lore so I Can find a story hook I like to create an army around it. this contact with realm spirits doesn’t sound very interesting to me, right now. Allthough the high elves had something similar but with the noble animals of Ulthuan (mostly eagles and dragons).

lookin forward to reading some more lore on the Lumineth.  

• LOVE IT! 1

From this post, it doesn't seem like The Arrogance is coming back--they pour their emotions into the aetherquartz. Interested in how their increasing aloofness fits in with Sigmar and the problems Stormcast forging has.

Greater enlightenment for the Lumineth came through harnessing the unique properties of aetherquartz, the Hyshian realmstone, in specially designed jewellery. They discovered that they could endlessly reflect the power of Hysh within this realmstone to empower the mind, body and soul. This did not come without a cost, for even as it offered illumination, the aetherquartz crystal eventually grew dim, and so drained the emotions of its bearer to restore its inner light. To the Lumineth, who sought perfection in all things, such a sacrifice was well worth paying, for emotion was a path to corruption… to Slaanesh.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/01/27/the-lumineth-lowdown-part-1gw-homepage-post-2/

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

From this post, it doesn't seem like The Arrogance is coming back--they pour their emotions into the aetherquartz. Interested in how their increasing aloofness fits in with Sigmar and the problems Stormcast forging has.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/01/27/the-lumineth-lowdown-part-1gw-homepage-post-2/

Well they also said that draining the emotions makes them more aloof.  So I think you'll see some high-and-mighty shine through.

On 1/25/2020 at 9:20 AM, Turgol said:

Would be nice if Lumineth had semi slave, at least serfs/vassals, made up by those formerly proud human realms of the wise. Arrogants being slaved by even more arrogant masters would be a cool Warhammer twist.

We'll see if this fits in with lore, but if they're called Realm-Lords without having some kind of auxiliary or cross-species army... wasted potential.

On 1/25/2020 at 6:58 PM, Cèsar de Quart said:

There's some talk of "a mix of Greece, Persian and Egyptian themes" in the aesthetics. Show them to be, because all I see is swirly designs clearly inspired by the new 40k Eldar look, and Greek-like crests. There's no Egyptian feel to anything (pyramids and sphynxes are not exclusive to the Egyptians, and one cannot say "a sphynx is Egyptian" unless said Sphynx looks like an Egyptian sphynx. It's like saying every dragon is Chinese, even if it doesn't look like a Chinese dragon).

That said, I don't dislike the general feel and look of the new elves. The basic troops look nice, but I'd rather they didn't have so many swirly bits. They promised pointy elves. For swirly elves, we have the fish elves already.

Not at home so these are quickly found pics, but it's definitely the feeling I get having played way too much Rome 2 and being a fan of that historical time period. Ptolemaic Egypt was a blend of those 3 cultures, and it's not a 1:1 aesthetic but it definitely seems inspired. Sphinx are best known from Egyptian and Greek mythology. Teclis' puffy pants are remniscient of Persian clothing.

The helm frills on the infantry = Greek hoplite plumes:

s-l1000.jpg

Ptolemaic Companions, as historical figs:

SCRC04_Ptolemaic_Companions_3_83832.jpeg

Successor Kingdom cavalry:

cappadocian-cavalry.jpg

Also related: these Successor Kingdom Greeks (lords of...realms technically) would have been the elite soldiers of these armies. Persian, Greek, Egyptian cultures also had large focuses on knowledge and learning.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

We'll see if this fits in with lore, but if they're called Realm-Lords without having some kind of auxiliary or cross-species army... wasted potential.

Not at home so these are quickly found pics, but it's definitely the feeling I get having played way too much Rome 2 and being a fan of that historical time period. Ptolemaic Egypt was a blend of those 3 cultures, and it's not a 1:1 aesthetic but it definitely seems inspired. Sphinx are best known from Egyptian and Greek mythology. Teclis' puffy pants are remniscient of Persian clothing.

The helm frills on the infantry = Greek hoplite plumes:

s-l1000.jpg

Ptolemaic Companions, as historical figs:

SCRC04_Ptolemaic_Companions_3_83832.jpeg

Successor Kingdom cavalry:

cappadocian-cavalry.jpg

Also related: these Successor Kingdom Greeks (lords of...realms technically) would have been the elite soldiers of these armies. Persian, Greek, Egyptian cultures also had large focuses on knowledge and learning.

I think you'll agree that picking the part where Egyptian culture was at its least Egyptian is not the best excuse to call something "Egyptian". Teclis' puffy pants are not Persian, they're a very generic piece of clothing found in many cultures, and the frills and crests on the helmets are the only major direct Greek influence I can see. The rest is a mix of old High Elf, new Eldar and a bit of generic high fantasy designs tossed in.

As for "focus on knowledge and learning".... just like most other cultures in the world. The High Elves did have a mix of influences, from Chinese to Greek, until they acquired a very distinct visual identity. I feel like these are much better minis but the designs look a bit bland to me.

Anyway, I like them. More than the Ossiarchs or the fish elves.

• Like 1

Hmm, they almost sound a bit Vulcan. The idea that they are magically suppressing raging emotions is cool. I wonder how it will factor into the game. I like the idea that you have these stoic warriors, fighting in perfect unison, but if their crystal breaks or even gets full they could turn into a berserker. We shall see I guess.

9 minutes ago, EccentricCircle said:

Hmm, they almost sound a bit Vulcan. The idea that they are magically suppressing raging emotions is cool. I wonder how it will factor into the game. I like the idea that you have these stoic warriors, fighting in perfect unison, but if their crystal breaks or even gets full they could turn into a berserker. We shall see I guess.

Even to the point that Vulcan civilization was almost destroyed until they embraced knowledge and logic.

And pointy years...

• Like 1