Your favorite unit model kit

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stormcast Vanguard Palladors for me. The sense of movement in them is incredible, particularly when compared with the various Dracoth riders and I think they do a better job than the more recent Dracolines in conveying what they are.

Blightlords and Blightkings were almost enough to tempt me into a Nurgle army, but I went with Idoneth and mostly for the Thralls and Reavers. I'd be lying if I ignored the Eidolon in that calculation, who is the best model since the Lord of Change for me, but obviously this is a non-hero discussion...

I’m probably going to get some flak for this but I love Liberators.  They truly embody what I love about the stormcast and every time I look at mine I remember how well they do in games and how brutal stormcasts are in the stories.  At first I wasn’t sure about them when they came out but after painting an army of stormcasts before the first generals handbook came out I fell in love with the whole range.  It’s so strange as they arn’t as dynamic as say the bladeghiests or unique as the fangmora riders but I really just feel the embody the whole over the top high fantasy feel of AoS and the fact that they are einherjar just makes them that much cooler.  

Sigmar=Odin/Thor/Zeus  hahahah

I really enjoyed the Tzeentch acolytes set from Hammerhal. I remember being very impressed with how they went together and how nicely they painted up - even if they are full of details.

Multipart blood reaver and blood warrior sets are nice to build and paint also.

Finally both Namarti Thralls and Reavers are just great as well, although I did find the reavers somewhat painful to paint.

Lots of beautiful kits out there but without a doubt my all-time favourite has to be the Bretonnian Knights of the Realm. They are such a classic model and when painted up properly they are stunning!

As for new kits?

Death: Blood knights 

Chaos: big poppy himself the Great Unclean One

Order: Shadow warriors

Honestly there is not much that they have put out lately that I would not want to paint or own. Such is a wargamers curse.

The on-foot Evocators kit (not ETB) is stunning. The female prime with her fingers on the temple is better than most character models alone.

The Lord-Exorcist is regal and magisterial, I love his pose and he's got the right amount of detail. I own two despite their uselessness.

The new fanatics are incredible, the Trollkit is so varied and all the poses are excellent. Also, the Gobbapalooza.

Lastly, Kurnoths are incredible.

I don't have one. Simply because no kit has a look that I 100% want. I love certain kits, like Dreadspears, Namarti Thralls & Reavers, Drakespawn Knights and Executioners. They all have tons of stuff I adore and keep buying. But other aspects I don't like. 

i love wildwood ranger and black guard - both excellent kits that combine very well.

blood warriors and juggernaut riders are also excellent, and give you tonnes of spare parts.

but i think my favourite are the humble freeguild archers - ive built everything out of that box, from state troops to imperial guard, these guys are the best basic human kit out there.

10 hours ago, Beliman said:

-Kharadron Ironclad

-Kharadron frigate

-Grundstock gunhauler

There are other awesome miniatures, like Brokk, Arkanauts companies, Grundstock Thunderers, etc... but I believe that they are one tier below.

Nobody ever said anything KO is a tiers below 🤔😂

18 hours ago, Beliman said:

-Kharadron Ironclad

-Kharadron frigate

-Grundstock gunhauler

There are other awesome miniatures, like Brokk, Arkanauts companies, Grundstock Thunderers, etc... but I believe that they are one tier below.

I have to agree on most of them. The Ironclad and the Frigate look amazing, but the Gunhauler, not so much. I would replace it with the Skywardens, they are just so FANCY! And @Kramer has a point, all KO units look fantastic.

Even though Enrinriggers are better than them.

1 hour ago, Still-young said:

Pretty sure they meant that in their opinion, the other KO models are just slightly below the airships. 

i'm pretty sure that I meant my remark in jest as the whole KO thread is people complaining KO are a lower tier than faction X. ;) 

1 hour ago, XReN said:

This lovely lady
Also Lord-Celestant on footÐаÑÑинки по запÑоÑÑ easy to build stormcast eternals sequitors

I started a Stormcast army because of her! The build is a bit of a shame though. The position of the maul makes it very hard to give her another weapon. (Still playing her as a Knight Questor in Skirmish though, but would have been cool to replace the maul with a giant FF7 Cloud style broad sword.)

37 minutes ago, Kramer said:

I started a Stormcast army because of her! The build is a bit of a shame though. The position of the maul makes it very hard to give her another weapon. (Still playing her as a Knight Questor in Skirmish though, but would have been cool to replace the maul with a giant FF7 Cloud style broad sword.)

Its not super hard20190315_205507.jpg.64554f5f6a144b4c937dc424d146681e.jpg

Archived