AOS 2: Clan Eshin Discussion

Magnus The Blue

• 3 months later...

Greeting man-things!

I am currently a dirty order (and destruction) player but have heard the call of the horned rat to help bring glory back to the Clans Eshin!

I want to play a pure Eshin list — even if it isn’t the most competitive — cause i love the flavor and the play style seems really fun and different.

Here is what I am thinking for an initial list.. should I hit the warp stone!?!

Skaven Clans Eshin

** Leaders**

• Verminlord Deceive

• Deathmaster

• Weapon: Fighting Claws

• Artefact: Sword of Judgment

• Deathmaster

• Weapon: Weeping Blades

• Artefact: Betrayer's Crown

• Verminlord Warpseer (general)

• Command Trait: Master Manipulator

** Troops **

• 40 night runners

• 20 night runners

• 20 gutter runners

• 20 gutter runners

** Endless Spells **

• Warp Lightning Vortex

• Vermintide

** Battalions **

• Slinktalon

1980 pts

What do you think?

Is it semi vaiable atleast -- suggestions for tweaks?

I am planning to convert the blood bowl team in Gutter Runners -- do they fit on 25mm bases?  Any foreseeable issues doing this?

Thanks all!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So I have been trialing and Eshin army

Allegiance: Skaventide

Leaders
Deathmaster (100)
- Artefact: The Cube of Mists
Thanquol on Boneripper (400)
- 4 Warpfire canons
- Lore of Ruin: Warpgale
Verminlord Deceiver (320)
- General
- Command Trait: Incredible Agility
- Artefact: Blade of Symmetry

Battleline

Units
20 x Gutter Runners (200)
10 x Night Runners (80)
10 x Night Runners (80)
10 x Night Runners (80)

Battalions
Slinktalon (160)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Warp Lightning Vortex (100)
Soulsnare Shackles (40)
Vermintide (40)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 120

Had two game - one against iron jaws double maw crusher and one against mass crossbow storm cast.  Won both but it was close.  The army hits hard but dies hard.  Also I found that skink talon works against the ambush mechanic as to get the best out of the rerolls you need to make a nine inch charge which is hard.  The deceiver with blade is awesome as it makes his damage output so much more reliable.  Thinking of dropping the death master, skink talon and one unit of gutter runners and vermintide for more skyer stuff.

Any suggestions

I think for this list to be legal Thanquol would have to be the general.

In order for gutter runners and night runners to be battleline, the general can be ESHIN or MASTERCLAN and all other units are ESHIN.

So if the Deceiver is the general, you could not include Thanquol and the runners still count as  battleline. Other option is to fit in 3 x 20 clanrats for battleline.

11 hours ago, Glotkin said:

Had two game - one against iron jaws double maw crusher and one against mass crossbow storm cast.  Won both but it was close.  The army hits hard but dies hard.  Also I found that skink talon works against the ambush mechanic as to get the best out of the rerolls you need to make a nine inch charge which is hard.  The deceiver with blade is awesome as it makes his damage output so much more reliable.  Thinking of dropping the death master, skink talon and one unit of gutter runners and vermintide for more skyer stuff.

Any suggestions

As @GrimDork said, this list would be illegal for reasons pointed out.

As for your games.. yeah, I mean Eshin isn't in the best place but pure Eshin can be okay; nothing top tier of course. Obviously, if you start adding in Skryre and other things, you will lose your Gutter\Night Runner battleline and would have to include 3x20 Clanrats at a minimum to have a legal list with 3 Battleline. I know that many of us run 1-2 Eshin units (usually 1-2x10 Night Runners for zoning out deepstrikes or 10-20 Gutter Runners for a cheap backline threat) in our standard tournament lists that usually consist of mostly Skryre, buffing heroes for them and Clanrats.. sometimes the occasional 40 Stormvermin or 40 Plaguemonks.

Worth noting that you may get more responses if you post in the overall Skaventide thread rather than one of the specific Clan ones, just for future reference 😉