Skaven FAQ Confusion

19 minutes ago, Blueraven84 said:

So the only point of having multiple projectors is to attack multiple units? or is it if I have enemy unit that has 5 models within 8" I roll 4x5 dice?

You only ever get to make ONE warpfire projector attack. The number of them determines how many rolls you get per person within 8 in the target unit. So the latter.

18 minutes ago, Blueraven84 said:

So the only point of having multiple projectors is to attack multiple units? or is it if I have enemy unit that has 5 models within 8" I roll 4x5 dice?

The second one, if you have 4 warpfire projectors and an enemy unit with 5 models within 8" then you roll 4x5 dice.

Yes, what World Tree said.  The FAQ is simply clarifying that you do not make a separate attack for each Warpfire Projector he's armed with.  You only make ONE attack for all the projectors, and the number of projectors determines the "strength" of that attack.

So, if armed with 1 projector, you make ONE attack at one target, and roll 1 dice for each model within 8" in the target unit.

If armed with 2 projectors, you make ONE attack at one target, and roll 2 dice for each model within 8" in the target unit.

If armed with 3 projectors, you make ONE attack at one target, and roll 3 dice for each model within 8" in the target unit.

If armed with 4 projectors, you make ONE attack at one target, and roll 4 dice for each model within 8" in the target unit.

That's the same as any "multiple weapon" profile (Plague Monk's paired blades, for example).  It's one weapon profile with a set number of  attacks, and having multiples is represented by a special rule– re-rolling hits in the case of the paired blades, or in the case of Boneripper, rolling more dice for having more projectors.

I can't believe that this is so hard to understand. Are people channeling their inner that guys here?

Do these guys seriously believe, that GW would release a modell, that would roll 4*4 dice per enemy modell in 8" of target unit and inflict a mortal wound for every 4+?

And the wording in the scroll is very clear too.

In the weapon profile you have 8" and a big line of "see below", so you are reading what it says under his abilities, which is letting no room for interpretation. Things like: "do not use the normal attack sequence" and "roll X dice for each model in the target unit".

And it's not the first time in AoS, that a unit has a weapon, that works like that and where you don't use your normal attack sequence.

I think some people got way to excited reading this warscroll and creaming themselves.

21 minutes ago, Rob Hawkins said:

Yes, what World Tree said.  The FAQ is simply clarifying that you do not make a separate attack for each Warpfire Projector he's armed with.  You only make ONE attack for all the projectors, and the number of projectors determines the "strength" of that attack.

So, if armed with 1 projector, you make ONE attack at one target, and roll 1 dice for each model in the target unit.

If armed with 2 projectors, you make ONE attack at one target, and roll 2 dice for each model in the target unit.

If armed with 3 projectors, you make ONE attack at one target, and roll 3 dice for each model in the target unit.

If armed with 4 projectors, you make ONE attack at one target, and roll 4 dice for each model in the target unit.

That's the same as any "multiple weapon" profile (Plague Monk's paired blades, for example).  It's one weapon profile with a set number of  attacks, and having multiples is represented by a special rule– re-rolling hits in the case of the paired blades, or in the case of Boneripper, rolling more dice for having more projectors.

A nitpick, but you roll the dice only for models, that are in the unit and in range (8").

18 hours ago, uncalledprofanity said:

I can't believe that this is so hard to understand. Are people channeling their inner that guys here?

Do these guys seriously believe, that GW would release a modell, that would roll 4*4 dice per enemy modell in 8" of target unit and inflict a mortal wound for every 4+?

And the wording in the scroll is very clear too.

Yes, all the confusion I've seen was caused BY the faq. This was really straightforward until the clarification.

What about the warpstone addiction

The way its worded is confusing a bit whether you "cant modify the 2d6 dice" or you "cant modify the result of the casting roll"

The end result of the 3d6 leaves you with 2d6, that potentially can't be affected by his staff or arcane terrain which a lot of the time makes it pointless 

Also, doesn't deal with the grey seer version

Everyone had interpreted the warscroll to allow you to add bonuses after you had derived the 2d6, which got you your casting roll

The intention with the FAQ was to clear up the following - 

"If I have 4 warpfire throwers, can I make a attack with each one getting 4 dice per model within 8" as I have 4 warpfire throwers" People were attempting to make 160 warpfire thrower attacks etc.. the answer would be no but they really avent done a good job with the wording of this FAQ. They should just re write it.

Archived