Skaven FAQ Confusion

I know this is moderately Skaven specific but I'm hoping to get a broader look at this situation. So the Skaven FAQ came out today and it states image.png.8c66598a5642c23469d8b97b659a1cd2.png

Now I don't understand this. This is (as far as I can tell) the direct opposite of what Thanquol's scroll says

image.png.5d17d8117e55dffc60d2be6ef3cfad62.png

Am I missing something here? This wasn't errata'd, it was just a question being answered. I'm just really confused by this - the warscroll seems to directly state that you roll a dice for each projector for each model in the target unit in range but then the FAQ says you cannot do that. What am I missing?

Either the Warscroll is utterly wrong and should be Errata noted (which its not) or the person who wrote the FAQ read the profile wrong, since Boneripper can take a varied number of Warpfire Projectors. It might just be a mistake because the writer assumes its 1 warpfire projector (because few models in AoS have any varied weapon choice like that). 

Someone flag this on Facebook cause its confusing which is right (esp when the warscroll is written quite clearly). I'm guessing they mean yes! 

No its simple (once you finally realise what it means).

Thanquol can have X Warpfire Projectors (max 4)

For Warpfire Projectors attacks you roll X dice

FAQ clarifies you dont get X attacks with Warpfire Projectors, so its not X attacks rolling X dice.

EDIT; essentially its the same as having a model with the option for paired weapons, you dont now get 2 attacks with the weapons, the weapon ability tells you what you get, often re-rolls or something.

I wait - yes no wait yes you're right its right that's a confusing question to ask! The answer is indeed correct its just the way the first part is phrased and the short reply without example (and I've probably not had lunch yet which is likely affecting my reasoning skills)

*hides now before he spreads further confusion*

8 minutes ago, stato said:

No its simple (once you finally realise what it means).

Thanquol can have X Warpfire Projectors (max 4)

For Warpfire Projectors attacks you roll X dice

FAQ clarifies you dont get X attacks with Warpfire Projectors, so its not X attacks rolling X dice.

EDIT; essentially its the same as having a model with the option for paired weapons, you dont now get 2 attacks with the weapons, the weapon ability tells you what you get, often re-rolls or something.

I see it now - thanks for the clarification. I guess its just too early in the morning for me to be reading FAQs.  

4 minutes ago, Pestilens said:

So at the end, if i equip tanquol with 4 flamers, i roll 4 dice for each model in range?

4 dice for each model in the target unit that's in range. This is a key distinction, as some people were talking about this ability as if it allowed them to target multiple units.

so wait... From this FAQ, in general allies dont break the allegiance of an army, Neither do they break allegiance for specific clans (skyre, pestilens etc.) but an army cant ally with it self...

So this means that clan pestilens can have plague bearers as battleline but they and any clan army other than verminus cant have clanrats???...

4 minutes ago, Dracan said:

so wait... allies dont break clans but cant ally with self... so clan pestilens can have plague bearers as battleline but clans cant have clanrats???...

You might want to make a separate thread for the question.

That said Clan Pestilens can get plague bearers as battleline, but they can't have clan rats because clan rats are not clan pestilens keyworded

17 minutes ago, Dracan said:

So this means that clan pestilens can have plague bearers as battleline but they and any clan army other than verminus cant have clanrats???...

Allies don't count as battle line so pestilens cannot have plague bearers as battle line. And that is correct - no single clan keyword list other than verminus can have clan rats as battle line. What I mean by that is if you take an all Skyre list your battle line is acolytes and Stormfiends. If you take a unit of clan rats they are still battle line but the acolytes and stormfiends are not (because the army is no longer all Skyre units with a Masterclan or Skyre general). 

50 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Hi guys sorry for asking but where exactly did you find the faq.

It’s not showing me on the community website.

Just a handy general way to make new FAQs show up. If you change the sort to <A-Z> and then switch is back to most recently updated it'll show you the newest FAQs. Not sure why it works but it works every time when you can't see new FAQs. 

27 minutes ago, The World Tree said:

So for Thanquol, he can only use the projectors once per turn, regardless of the number of them?

No from my understanding you just don’t roll 4dice per models 4 times in the same phase.

Edit: Or mathematically seen you don’t roll 16dice per model in the chosen unit per phase 

23 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

No from the my understanding you just don’t roll 4dice per models 4 times in the same phase.

Edit: Or mathematically seen you don’t roll 16dice per model in the chosen unit per phase 

It is really badly written. I think what you said is what is supposed to be the case, but it isn't clear.

4 minutes ago, The World Tree said:

It is really badly written. I think what you said is what is supposed to be the case, but it isn't clear.

The guy explicitly ask if Thanqoul could make 1round of attacks per flamer Thanqoul loyal pet is equipped with.

for which Gw answer is no.

(1round meaning if Thanqoul is equipped with all warpflamers 4times shooting with rolling 4dice per model)

There seems to be some new expectation with Thanquol that you get to shoot for each 'weapon' he has, but thats not how AoS weapons have historically worked.  When you get options you get the profile shown, and the abilities section explains how the weapon(s) work.  If a model has the option for 1 or 2 axes you get the axe profile and read the abilities to see what you get for having more than one axe, you dont suddenly get to use the axe profile twice.

Apparently there is some chat in the Skaven whatsapp group about splitting the attacks, which is not possible either as the weapon ability states you have a target unit, not units.

2 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

The guy explicitly ask if Thanqoul could make 1round of attacks per flamer Thanqoul loyal pet is equipped with.

for which Gw answer is no.

(1round meaning if Thanqoul is equipped with all warpflamers 4times shooting with rolling 4dice per model)

Yeah. You get to attack once against a single target unit regardless of the number of projectors. The number of projectors factors only into the number of dice rolls, (the x value in the weapon description).

Archived