The Painting Contract - March 2019

TheOtherJosh

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/1/2019 at 11:05 AM, raaaahman said:

Hello y'all,

for my comeback to the hobby after about fifteen years of not touching it, I will pledge to:

• assemble and paint 20 Dispossessed warriors

Failing to do so, I will giveaway a unit of 3 (incomplete)  Bretonnian Pegasus Knights to a more serious committer on this topic, given that:

1. He has finished his own pledge
  2. He pays shipping fees

As a reward, I may either:

• Paint a drunken quarreller
  • Try to sculpt a standard with green stuff
  • Make some contraption with various bits

So it seems I overshot by far what I'm able to accomplish within a month, as I'm not even half way of a pack of ten... That means one of you will win a special prize. Who's up to receive 2 and a half bretonnian pegasus knights from WHFB?

2 hours ago, raaaahman said:

So it seems I overshot by far what I'm able to accomplish within a month, as I'm not even half way of a pack of ten... That means one of you will win a special prize. Who's up to receive 2 and a half bretonnian pegasus knights from WHFB?

I’m a bit confused, but I’ll happily take those 2and a halve Pegasus Knights if you don’t want them😁

6 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

I’m a bit confused, but I’ll happily take those 2and a halve Pegasus Knights if you don’t want them😁

Did you finish your pledge? ;) think that was his pledge. Giving away the knights to someone who finished their pledge if he didn’t. 

This was a very productive month.

Painted 2 archmages, single swordmaster, built and primed an archmage on a dragon a drakeseer a loremaster and a new unit champion. In addition I finished the conversion for the frostheart anointed. It's not mounted on the phoenix, but it is on the base. 

I will need to take individual pictures tomorrow and glue the head on the archmage.  For now though, here is a group photo from when I joined this awesome group of hobbyists. 

20190331_174908_HDR.jpg

20190331_174920_HDR.jpg

20190331_174942_HDR.jpg

On 3/25/2019 at 7:15 AM, mastercrafted said:

WIP on my pledge for this month. Some paint down on the blood warriors and Slaughterpriests.

And converted up some Khorgoraths just in time for their points increase - yay! Although these could easily be spawn or trolls 

DSC_0006.JPG

DSC_0005.JPG

Damn  I’m glad I sold you those troggoths, they look amazing hahaha

On 3/4/2019 at 11:49 AM, Fairbanks said:

I got everything and more things primed last month. This month, All of the Nighthaunt from:

Soul Wars

Storm Strike

Nightvault

and a box each of Myrmourn Banshees and Hexwraiths

I’ve got 30 minutes left, but I knew I wasn’t going to make it since Thursday :( 

But I got a lot more done than I thought I would. Here is what I finished for the month (minus the bases, because I wasn’t sold on what I wanted to do for them):

8FD780EA-F28C-4857-B49F-DF908809E35C.jpeg.27f0716087083719b1937e20fea7aecd.jpeg

I’ve decided to move on to non-painting projects for April, so finishing the ghosties is what I think will be my commitment for April.

Well, I burnt my drive to paint by preparing for narrative event 17 hours straight and even though I finished my FEC, I haven't quite finished bases and magnetised wings for flayers so I do not count it as pledge fulfilled. Also my Regent, spells or throne haven't arrived yet.

I finally managed to squeeze in some aos painting on the last day of the month, and a bit the day after... a small achievement but it meanw I have finally fully painted all of my models from the storm strike boxset, and I finally have a hero for my order warband, which should make skirmish way more fun!

Here is my yet unnamed inquisitor (count as Knight Incantor) and his faithfull gryph-hound!

AADE44F1-7ED1-4E37-B225-BFBAA586F454.jpeg

C62A7774-186F-4FE7-8420-B112689EFA02.jpeg

1ABADDB6-38C9-41DE-B79C-3F6D46C6043F.jpeg

On 3/2/2019 at 5:12 PM, Dickbill said:

February was superb, gonna try and get everything but my hordes of battlelines done by the end of this month.

• Mighty Lord of Khorne Conversion (Riptooth/Magore)
  • 1 SKULLCANNON (No excuses for this one this month)
  • 1 Exalted Hero of Chaos (Wulfrik the Wanderer resin model)

Good luck with your goals my friends!

Well, with the Khorne Battletome and rest of the stuff my last weekend that would have been for Wulfrik, ended up being build and prime all the new Khorne Judgements and the Altar, and I even got to test the new 'tome out!

Not disappointed since I still made hobby progress in place of Wulfrik, and there's plenty of time for him next month!

Great job to everyone who made progress this month!

Well I managed to finish

10 squig hoppers

The 4 Gloomspite spells

The loonshrine

Loonboss on squig

Mollog's mob.

Some movement trays- 7 I think 

Pretty pleased overall. Started the fungoid but not very far with him. I got a bit stuck with the loonshrine and I couldn't face it for a week or so. 

Didn't manage any of the stretch I set but the deadline was good. Helped with finishing Mollog last Sunday night as otherwise I may have put it off.

Will put some pics up when I get back from site

On 3/31/2019 at 8:42 PM, Kramer said:

Did you finish your pledge? ;) think that was his pledge. Giving away the knights to someone who finished their pledge if he didn’t. 

Yup, they may as well finish in the hands of someone of my local group, as we are doing some kind of painting contract as well. Unless somebody from here is feeling to paint them? They're great models, they don't deserve to be in a stuck backlog forever.

Archived