Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

17 hours ago, Chikout said:

If anyone on here isn't watching warhammer weekly,  they are missing out. It is the AoS equivalent of wittertainment.

Thanks for the tip. I watch a LOT of hobby-related YouTube videos while painting (usually from 11 p.m. to 6 a.m. 😋 ), and there's a ton of content I really want to hear, but the production values (blown out or uneven audio, poor camera shots) and/or lack of presentation skills (verbal ticks like ums or repeated use of a phrase, very thick off-putting accents) end up making me turn off about 80% of what I start to check out.

Fingers crossed this is a good one! If so, thanks again for the tip!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, JPjr said:

My point is that we, and Games Workshop, exist in the real world where these things are real issues. In the grand scheme of social justice and the long moral arc of the universe the lack of explicitly coded racial diversity amongst toy soldiers is obviously not the most pressing issue, yet it doesn't mean it's not something that GW should try to be better at.

Fair point, but awkwardly jamming diversity into everything often comes across as hamhanded and disingenuous. I am all for real diversity (heck, I was featured in a diversity brochure at one company I worked for and was on the diversity council at another job), but most (not all) of the time when I see companies putting in the effort to create diversity in their fantasy products (games, movies, etc.), it just feels so darn forced. It takes me out of the fantasy and makes me very much aware of the executives who reacted to external voices so "do something about this sjw stuff so we are not accused of being crusty old white uncaring dinosaurs."

In other words, it makes me more aware of the commercial process when I should be just fully wrapped up in the fantasy of the game or movie. That's a bummer side effect of what is otherwise some nice progress.

Edited by Sleboda
  • Like 4

If we were to compare deliberate "forced" diversity and lazy "default" homogeneity, it is the latter rather than the former that takes me out of the fantasy more.  And the farther into the 21st century we get, the more that "default" homogeneity starts to look "forced".

• Like 8
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

Thanks for the tip. I watch a LOT of hobby-related YouTube videos while painting (usually from 11 p.m. to 6 a.m. 😋 ), and there's a ton of content I really want to hear, but the production values (blown out or uneven audio, poor camera shots) and/or lack of presentation skills (verbal ticks like ums or repeated use of a phrase, very thick off-putting accents) end up making me turn off about 80% of what I start to check out.

Fingers crossed this is a good one! If so, thanks again for the tip!

I enjoy that show a lot.  The production values are not that great, but I think they generally have pretty good discussions and I greatly enjoy that both Vince and Tom can have reasoned discussions while generally coming at things from completely different view points.  A lot of times you get very insular views in content such as this where the group is all on the same page in regards to how they enjoy games - casual, competitive, <insert other label>, etc and so the conversations often have a fair bit of group-think and some confirmation bias.  That's not to say that a show dedicated to a single viewpoint is bad - it's not.  But I enjoy that Vince & Tom can come from obviously very different starting points in how they view things and have reasoned discussions and a nice mix of ideas.  This hobby is broader than simply "competitive", "casual", "narrative", or whatever and it is good to see a successful regular show that demonstrates that.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

Fair point, but awkwardly jamming diversity into everything often comes across as hamhanded and disingenuous. I am all for real diversity (heck, I was featured in a diversity brochure at one company I worked for and was on the diversity council at another job), but most (not all) of the time when I see companies putting in the effort to create diversity in their fantasy products (games, movies, etc.), it just feels so darn forced. It takes me out of the fantasy and makes me very much aware of the executives who reacted to external voices so "do something about this sjw stuff so we are not accused of being crusty old white uncaring dinosaurs."

In other words, it makes me more aware of the commercial process when I should be just fully wrapped up in the fantasy of the game or movie. That's a bummer side effect of what is otherwise some nice progress.

If it takes you out of the fantasy then it's your problem. I care more about the people who can see themselves in fantasy and feel more immersed.

And I'm sure it can seem awkward to some now that things are changing because they're so damn used to the status quo. 

22 minutes ago, amysrevenge said:

If we were to compare deliberate "forced" diversity and lazy "default" homogeneity, it is the latter rather than the former that takes me out of the fantasy more.  And the farther into the 21st century we get, the more that "default" homogeneity starts to look "forced".

This right here^^^

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Both Free Peoples and Stormcast have a big reason within the AoS lore to actually be very multi-racial. Stormcast are plucked from the heroes of two worlds and any peoples so there is inherent huge racial diversity right off the bat. Meanwhile Free Peoples are basically whoever survived the Chaos era - again a huge potential for being very multi-racial. 

That said for Free PEoples we aren't dealing with the Earth we are dealing with the Realms so multi-national for them might be very different from how we understand it on Earth. 

Posted (edited)

Oh wow - Leena Stormspire is awesome! It would be a two hour drive to purchase this kit but I think it would be worth it. This is the Stormcast model I have been waiting for. I think she would make a great leader for a Skirmish warband.

Edited by Greyshadow
  • Like 2

Out of interest what has GW done with other "new store" models in the past? Did they ever go on general or open release even for a limited period? 

+++ Mod Hat On +++

Not happy with the discussion in the last few posts. This forum is for everybody, but please leave some discussions at the door because they are offensive and not what we want being discussed here!

Do not do it again

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

Who is Tom Walton?

Some guy with a new model to show off!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

8 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

Who is Tom Walton?

One of the miniature designers at GW ;) 

Really nice guy and knows his stuff

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

10 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Quick everyone start rumour mongering!

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

It is almost certainly Sisters of Battle stuff. He posted on FB back in October that he was working on a faction he'd never worked on before (he does mainly 40k stuff).

Regarding the earlier censured discussion, its the SAME people every single time who pile into conversations like that and turn it rude and confrontational. 

34 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

+++ Mod Hat On +++

Not happy with the discussion in the last few posts. This forum is for everybody, but please leave some discussions at the door because they are offensive and not what we want being discussed here!

Do not do it again

I won't continue the subject but with all the respect - you literally deleted ONE SIDE of the discussion, leaving the other intact. There are still posts encouraging multi-culti/ racial diversity/ social justice in Age of Sigmar. If you deleted my voice of objection, so should be done with posts of @JPjr and @Nos who want their beliefs to be represented in our hobby. Just to be treated equally. I won't come to the matter again. Sorry for the offtopic but I didn't start it.

Cheers.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Interesting to hear more reveals at Warhammer Fest in the not too distant future. Not long until Adepticon now though, I don't know if it is even possible to top the Indoneth Deepkin reveal from last year.

Edited by Greyshadow

13 minutes ago, Aryann said:

I won't continue the subject but with all the respect - you literally deleted ONE SIDE of the discussion, leaving the other intact. There are still posts encouraging multi-culti/ racial diversity/ social justice in Age of Sigmar. If you deleted my voice of objection, so should be done with posts of @JPjr and @Nos who want their beliefs to be represented in our hobby. Just to be treated equally. I won't come to the matter again. Sorry for the offtopic but I didn't start it.

Cheers.

You are free to ask @RuneBrush or @Chris Tomlin if you feel you have been treated badly.

Now back to rumours 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

+++ MOD HAT +++

Thought @Gaz Taylor made it clear in his comment, but having just having to hide a number I'll make it clearer.

No more comments on the last conversation - that includes YOU

This includes (but is not restricted to) responses that fall into the category of : - Sarcastic, Smart Alec, "Clever", Amusing, Justification etc. 

• Like 2

Not sure why my comment was deleted but whatever.

Anyway like I said before looking forward to whatever this new model might be even if it isn't AoS related but hopefully it is.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dirtnaps said:

Anyway like I said before looking forward to whatever this new model might be even if it isn't AoS related but hopefully it is.

It's really hard to tell - GW has been on a big Chaos 40K spree at present; then again that would leave them well in a position to them switch back to AoS where there's a lot more sculpting options on offer.

That said Eldar for 40K have a LOT of legacy models still in resin and a lot of their plastics are really old too, so that could be a potential 40K target to improve next up. 

7 minutes ago, Dirtnaps said:

I think my response to you was caught up in the flames.  So for posterity- I think the new model is likely Sisters of Battle because of Google researching the sculptor.  Also for posterity my first version of this post was pretty awesome and "clever"er than you can imagine.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Gonna be new mini of ungrim as morathi with human version and avatar of fire mode.

Also gonna bring a new wave of models consist in dissposesed(heavy armored) dwarfs but with slayers axes,beards and hairs.

100% for sure!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, prochuvi said:

Gonna be new mini of ungrim as morathi with human version and avatar of fire mode.

Also gonna bring a new wave of models consist in dissposesed(heavy armored) dwarfs but with slayers axes,beards and hairs.

100% for sure!

I smell stuntie wishful  thinking, do it would be nice  if it was.But in my opinion it will be something 40k sister/world eaters/emperors children.We had our day in the sun with the gloomspite,and now with war cry.

4 hours ago, RuneBrush said:

+++ MOD HAT +++

Thought @Gaz Taylor made it clear in his comment, but having just having to hide a number I'll make it clearer.

No more comments on the last conversation - that includes YOU

This includes (but is not restricted to) responses that fall into the category of : - Sarcastic, Smart Alec, "Clever", Amusing, Justification etc. 

Wow you guys are on edge

I don't know what happened and i don't wanna know.

But i certainly wish you guys would show this kind of commitment to keep this thread an AOS  Rumour thread

and free of 40K wishlisting or world traveling blogs with occasional sport results.

Thx

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2