Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I also remember hearing Gutbusters were discussed as a part of the interview when GW were hiring a game designer, but I can't remember how long ago that was or what the source of that is.

Well we are missing Fyreslayers, Sylvaneth, Kharadron, Beastclaw and Tzeench 2.0 Tomes.

Armies without tomes: Ogors, Free Peoples, Aelves and Dispossesed.

2 minutes ago, Thiagoma said:

Well we are missing Fyreslayers, Sylvaneth, Kharadron, Beastclaw and Tzeench 2.0 Tomes.

Armies without tomes: Ogors, Free Peoples, Aelves and Dispossesed.

Ironjawz, Seraphon, Bonesplitterz, Slaves to darkness, and Slaanesh

• Like 8

26 minutes ago, novakai said:

Tomb Kings 

😁

• Haha 3

41 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

Tomb Kings 

😁

Greenskinz

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Skabnoze said:

Greenskinz

To soon

2 hours ago, novakai said:

well the first Gutbuster rumor was when a few of their units got reboxed last year but reboxing doesn't usually mean anything.

second was from a certain forum poster who said they where coming in Setember but the source's  credibility and legitimacy came into question

third is the banner that drop during AoS 2.0 launch, the banner had an Ogor and people wonder why they choice an Ogor to specifically represent GA destruction. the Banner return during LVO and they added more Battletomes to come for each Grand Alliance 

Clearly evidence for the 100% guaranteed new IDK Endless Spell. Clearly.

Just now, Sttufe said:

Clearly evidence for the 100% guaranteed new IDK Endless Spell. Clearly.

The Great Maw is going to be an Idoneth endless spell. You're heard it here first, folks.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

There's also this which may or may not be an actual design/concept for an upcoming Gutbusters unit.

On 3/15/2019 at 11:07 AM, Kronos said:

0470ABF2-970D-4BCE-8FFB-1A0875212CAE.jpeg

Edited by Dirtnaps

11 minutes ago, Dirtnaps said:

There's also this which may or may not be an actual design/concept for an upcoming Gutbusters unit.

Since the text mentions the "nine" realms (in the first paragraph), I don't think it is official work but fan-made concepts instead.

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, The Golem said:

Since the text mentions the "nine" realms (in the first paragraph), I don't think it is official work but fan-made concepts instead.

True but there are technically 9 realms, the 8 winds of magic ones and the Realm of Chaos. You are probably right though, I just thought it was worth mentioning in the off chance it is legit.

Edited by Dirtnaps

3 hours ago, novakai said:

Nurgle tome also isn't 2.0

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Riavan said:

It was designed to be compatible with 2.0 along with the Legions of Nagash, Daughters of Khaine and Idoneth Deepkin books, that's why they have the updated logo on them.

Edited by Dirtnaps

Yep and they can easily just add terrain and endless spells to those factions by releasing them with some warscroll cards. Job done, no need for a new Tome. Khorne only wound up with three for AoS thus far because of their popularity and being rolled out early the first two times so they wound up with earlier Tomes fast which went fast out of date due to the more fluid and fast nature of AoS and its rules shifts. 

2.0 though I expect to last a good while; its really akin to the 1.0 release AoS should have had all those years ago when it first appeared. 

I really hope they use the tome release to add a few units for some of the new armies that don't have a ton of unit choice. Like ironjawz.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Future said:

To soon

Gitmob?

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, Riavan said:

Actually they might just update all the Chaos battletome (Tzeentch and Nurgle).

I noticed that the Blades of Khorne mortal guys like Skullcrushers and Juggerlord still don’t have the daemon keyword, and right now there is Tzaangor Skyfires/Enlightened blobs run with that spell that can either bring them back or destroy them, harbinger of decay with witherstave, or Nurgle/Tzeentch heroes using daemon Command traits and lords of affliction activating plague drone locus.

So I feel that GW is likely to remove daemon keywords from the technically “mortal” units

1 hour ago, Riavan said:

I really hope they use the tome release to add a few units for some of the new armies that don't have a ton of unit choice. Like ironjawz.

Yep, Fyreslayers and Ironjawz suffer from that problem, to be really honest. Especially Fyreslayers, it seems super rare to find any Fyreslayers players dedicated enough to buying and painting over 100 naked dwarves

on the other hand, I wonder if the gutbusters battletome, it it does come out, would GW pull a Gloomspite Gitz and ally gutbusters, Beastclaw Raiders AND aleguzzlers? That’d Be pretty cool. 

12 minutes ago, Kaz said:

So I feel that GW is likely to remove daemon keywords from the technically “mortal” units

It would not be totally surprising if they did that whenever they rewrite the book.  They were extremely specific about keywords in the Gloomspite book.  For example the “grot” keyword is actually much more restricted than one might initially think.

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Kaz said:

Yep, Fyreslayers and Ironjawz suffer from that problem, to be really honest. Especially Fyreslayers, it seems super rare to find any Fyreslayers players dedicated enough to buying and painting over 100 naked dwarves

on the other hand, I wonder if the gutbusters battletome, it it does come out, would GW pull a Gloomspite Gitz and ally gutbusters, Beastclaw Raiders AND aleguzzlers? That’d Be pretty cool. 

Yeah, the argument can be made that Fyreslayers have the most limited unit roster in the entire game for an actual armybook army.

I love their aesthetic up to a point, but the fact is you have two unit kits with 5 poses each, and the only way to fill out an entire army is to build and paint a million of them. Their "elite" unit choices aren't even really elite, you're just paying slightly more for basically the same number of naked dwarves on the field.

Ironjawz and Bonespitterz aren't that much better off, but at least they have Calvary units, and brutes/hardboyz aren't practically the same model.

For Fyreslayers, whether or not they gain any actual unit variety is probably going to be the primary thing that determines if they have any future as an army. I love the guys, and even I can't be bothered to do more than paint up a small force and hope they get updated this year.

For Ogres, I think it's a foregone conclusion is that Gutbusters will roll up Gutbusters, Firebellies, Maneaters, and Aleguzzlers. It makes complete sense and it's already how they are organized on the store.

Whether or not they end up taking in Beastclaw Raiders is harder to say, there's a strong argument to be made either way, and even as a person who likes both Ogor armies I'm torn about it. I kinda just want Beastclaw to keep embracing their own theme and give Gutbusters their own mounted units if necessary.

Edited by madmac
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, madmac said:

Ironjawz and Bonespitterz aren't that much better off, but at least they have Calvary units, and brutes/hardboyz aren't practically the same model.

Ironjawz range is fine.  They suffer more from lack of unit & playstyle diversity than anything else I feel.  If they split up the Brutes & Grunta units into separate units based off of weapons and gave them decent rules the army it would go a long way.  From there a few more heroes and the army would be good.

Bonesplitterz on the other hand suffer top to bottom.  Their kits were already split up into as many units as possible and they suffer from having fairly subpar rules and a general lack of playstyle focus for the army.  They also could use a centerpiece model of some sort.

29 minutes ago, Skabnoze said:

Ironjawz range is fine.  They suffer more from lack of unit & playstyle diversity than anything else I feel.  If they split up the Brutes & Grunta units into separate units based off of weapons and gave them decent rules the army it would go a long way.  From there a few more heroes and the army would be good. 

I respectfully disagree and hope the Jawz get more attention than just this... 

Time shall tell. 😕

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

13 hours ago, NurglesFirstChosen said:

You’re right, technically they said, 

“While Slaanesh may still be mysteriously absent from the Mortal Realms, his servants have been very busy indeed – we daresay that Wrath and Rapture heralds even more new models for the Hosts…”

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/01/01/1st-dec-the-top-5-things-to-look-forward-to-in-2019gw-homepage-post-3/

Believe what you want 😛 we all do. 

Ahh but Darkoath aren't mentioned at all! What if Darkoath IS Slaanesh?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

I respectfully disagree and hope the Jawz get more attention than just this... 

Time shall tell. 😕

I should probably have elaborated on what I meant when I said the range is fine.  I think the existing models all look great.  The range has a strong unified theme but the different units still manage to look diverse.  Even the various weapon options are visually distinct from a difference.  Fyreslayers and Bonesplitterz on the other hand have issues with most of their range blending together.  I think they need to solve the silhouette issue with those forces and that is going to pretty much necessitate new models.

I hope Ironjawz gets more new models as well.  I’ll always take new models for any armies and especially ones that I play.  But I just don’t feel that they necessarily require many new kits to update the army.  If they wanted to use the existing models and handle the update as mostly rules then I think the existing models have enough for them to work with if that is the route they choose to take.  That said, my personal preference would be for new models.

If nothing else I expect that we will at least see a couple of hero kits added.  The army really needs some more variation for heroes.

Edited by Skabnoze
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Skabnoze said:

It would not be totally surprising if they did that whenever they rewrite the book.  They were extremely specific about keywords in the Gloomspite book.  For example the “grot” keyword is actually much more restricted than one might initially think.

Yeah, I saw that, I was confused initially since fanatics are obviously still Grots, same with bounderz, I found it really strange, though i do feel it seemed really restrictive

2 hours ago, Skabnoze said:

I should probably have elaborated on what I meant when I said the range is fine.  I think the existing models all look great.  The range has a strong unified theme but the different units still manage to look diverse.  Even the various weapon options are visually distinct from a difference.  Fyreslayers and Bonesplitterz on the other hand have issues with most of their range blending together.  I think they need to solve the silhouette issue with those forces and that is going to pretty much necessitate new models.

I hope Ironjawz gets more new models as well.  I’ll always take new models for any armies and especially ones that I play.  But I just don’t feel that they necessarily require many new kits to update the army.  If they wanted to use the existing models and handle the update as mostly rules then I think the existing models have enough for them to work with if that is the route they choose to take.  That said, my personal preference would be for new models.

If nothing else I expect that we will at least see a couple of hero kits added.  The army really needs some more variation for heroes.

Ironjawz honestly are  THE main Destruction faction. Gordrakk is made out to be the Green jesus (Thrall reference btw), with (almost) everyone flocking to him to get da “honor” of fighting at his side. I think it’s reasonable to expect ironjawz would get more than just one extra model, endless Spells and scenery (less FEC, Skaven, possibly Gloomspite or Khorne scale release? ) 

On the other hand, I’m actually terrified about ogors getting FEC treatment, especially with so much resin kits...

i guess we’ll have to wait until adepticon, because this week looks like Chaos space Marines focus, which might actually finish before adepticon, setting the stage for more AOS stuff