Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Still-young said:

The ‘Beastmen’ look to be the Darkoath type guys, from this picture. I’m guessing they’re the 2 warbands in the starter.

 

E751403E-A970-4537-9AFE-C294CEFDD72D.png

I really like both of these but the left red armored warband is my favorite.  Really hope these guys get AoS rules too.

5 hours ago, HollowHills said:

My main issue with warcry is that if it's chaos only then not many people I know are going to be interested in it. So rather than an aos kill team where everyone already has most of the tools to start playing, it's asking people to buy a whole new chaos warband / starter set just to try it out. 

I also don't really want to buy a big starter box filled with scenery, just because I play at a local shop and it would be difficult to bring it all each week. So I am hoping the warbands at least get releases on their own like the necromunda gangs. 

I do think it looks really cool, I just hope people who aren't chaos players will give it a chance. 

I'm not saying you don't have a point but having had GW beat the Stormcast horse to death, reforge it, then beat it to death again. Then reforge it and beat it to death one more time for good measure I AM SO GLAD GW IS FINALLY RELEASING A PRODUCT THAT ISN"T  MORE STORMCAST. As someone who just isn't into Stormcast I can't describe how disheartening it is to be playing my Fyreslayers, wishing I could have more than 5 different heads for 2 of the 3 non-hero units in my army while a Stormcast player next to me puts down a literal brick of warscroll cards for his army.  So in short...

SWEET SWEET JUSTICE!!!!!

Also, a 2nd wave of fyreslayers would be awesome.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

So, looking through the images again, I think there is a good case to be made for the fact that we will have multiple Grand Alliances, maybe even at launch, or soon after. 

So, take a look at this image: 

E751403E-A970-4537-9AFE-C294CEFDD72D.png.e9a13c8b048eaa47d6d3c30566af0d73.png.e6aa4e2697922aa09246d4117f8220dd.png

As has been observed elsewhere, note that the center symbol is not a faction symbol. Observe:

w21.png.38d3fbf3e86b7232f95af1716b564ab4.png

The last piece of this is the starter box.  Check out the lower left hand corner.GAMAReveals-Mar11-Warcry9gce.jpg.fb9511cc711afc773248b601e890e7d3.jpg

My proposal is that the symbol  (which looks roughly like the 8 pointed chaos star) represents the Chaos grand alliance warbands in Warcry, and this is what is being previewed. Based on branding, let me go one step further and suggest that the garish red banner on the box also marks or is associated with the Grand Alliance Chaos branding.  Check out the first image again and notice that the red is used as the backdrop for the symbol here. My called shot is that we will likely get other starter sets for other grand alliances that will have different associated symbols and colors.  If I were to take a guess, I would say that we'll see blue (Order), black or purple (Death), and green or yellow (Destruction). I recognize this is grasping for straws, but it seems to make sense of the data we have.

Edit: It is worth observing that Shadespire has similar color associated branding, with blue for Order, red for Chaos, purple for Death and green for Destruction.

 

Edited by Thomas Lyons
  • Like 8
  • LOVE IT! 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's wishful thinking. They made it explicit that Warcry is about chaos warbanda fighting at the Allpoints. They could of course change that in the future to add.other warbands. But with all certainty not at launch (nor for a while, I would add).

This is Necromunda. It is an excuse yo have parallel aesthetics from the main game. I am surprised that they limited thar power through the Chaos decision. But I do not think they mean to move closer to representing all factions and GAs.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Thomas Lyons said:

So, looking through the images again, I think there is a good case to be made for the fact that we will have multiple Grand Alliances, maybe even at launch, or soon after. 

So, take a look at this image: 

E751403E-A970-4537-9AFE-C294CEFDD72D.png.e9a13c8b048eaa47d6d3c30566af0d73.png.e6aa4e2697922aa09246d4117f8220dd.png

As has been observed elsewhere, note that the center symbol is not a faction symbol. Observe:

w21.png.38d3fbf3e86b7232f95af1716b564ab4.png

The last piece of this is the starter box.  Check out the lower left hand corner.GAMAReveals-Mar11-Warcry9gce.jpg.fb9511cc711afc773248b601e890e7d3.jpg

My proposal is that the symbol  (which looks roughly like the 8 pointed chaos star) represents the Chaos grand alliance warbands in Warcry, and this is what is being previewed. Based on branding, let me go one step further and suggest that the garish red banner on the box also marks or is associated with the Grand Alliance Chaos branding.  Check out the first image again and notice that the red is used as the backdrop for the symbol here. My called shot is that we will likely get other starter sets for other grand alliances that will have different associated symbols and colors.  If I were to take a guess, I would say that we'll see blue (Order), black or purple (Death), and green or yellow (Destruction). I recognize this is grasping for straws, but it seems to make sense of the data we have.

 

Yep, I do agree with you. I my hopes was than the showed somenthing more about AoS like : Slaanesh, light&dark aelves....this kind of stuffs.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Turgol said:

That's wishful thinking. They made it explicit that Warcry is about chaos warbanda fighting at the Allpoints. They could of course change that in the future to add.other warbands. But with all certainty not at launch (nor for a while, I would add).

This is Necromunda. It is an excuse yo have parallel aesthetics from the main game. I am surprised that they limited thar power through the Chaos decision. But I do not think they mean to move closer to representing all factions and GAs.

Maybe. But it makes sense of the branding choices. I think you'll find similar design in the aesthetics of competing skirmish games in the market.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Turgol said:

I am surprised that they limited thar power through the Chaos decision

thing is focussing on just Chaos allows them to keep things tight and tidy, whilst also having a narrative reason that warbands from within the same GA are all trying to chop each other's heads off (destruction would work of course but doesn't have quite the central place in the narrative that chaos does).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, lord_blackfang said:

It's the Warcry icon, same as Kill Team has a Kill Team icon in the bottom left of literally every product.

Don't know what I managed to do to spawn 4 posts, but ok then lol.

Agreed. Nothing i've found or read supports the idea will be getting more factions. Community has even reaffirmed multiple times that this will being delving into chaos in new and interesting ways. Everything else is just wishlisting at this point.

Can't say im interested at all in Warcry anymore. I'm sick of the boxed games, and this just turned into another one. it seems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Chikout said:

Screenshot_2019-03-13-12-20-45.png.834ec2a0704e650e8d5094accd98c05e.png

You can see one on the left facing the guy from the starter set, the jumping female fighter and the tomb king looking one in the background. 

 

So are they Reavers/Looters? Stealing and using Stormcast Armors

A kind of Chaotic Stormcast

Edited by Mungrun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Thomas Lyons said:

So, looking through the images again, I think there is a good case to be made for the fact that we will have multiple Grand Alliances, maybe even at launch, or soon after. 

So, take a look at this image: 

E751403E-A970-4537-9AFE-C294CEFDD72D.png.e9a13c8b048eaa47d6d3c30566af0d73.png.e6aa4e2697922aa09246d4117f8220dd.png

As has been observed elsewhere, note that the center symbol is not a faction symbol. Observe:

w21.png.38d3fbf3e86b7232f95af1716b564ab4.png

The last piece of this is the starter box.  Check out the lower left hand corner.GAMAReveals-Mar11-Warcry9gce.jpg.fb9511cc711afc773248b601e890e7d3.jpg

My proposal is that the symbol  (which looks roughly like the 8 pointed chaos star) represents the Chaos grand alliance warbands in Warcry, and this is what is being previewed. Based on branding, let me go one step further and suggest that the garish red banner on the box also marks or is associated with the Grand Alliance Chaos branding.  Check out the first image again and notice that the red is used as the backdrop for the symbol here. My called shot is that we will likely get other starter sets for other grand alliances that will have different associated symbols and colors.  If I were to take a guess, I would say that we'll see blue (Order), black or purple (Death), and green or yellow (Destruction). I recognize this is grasping for straws, but it seems to make sense of the data we have.

Edit: It is worth observing that Shadespire has similar color associated branding, with blue for Order, red for Chaos, purple for Death and green for Destruction.

 

could be just like underworlds, and this is the expansion symbol.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Things I want from this game: solid rules that let me brawl on boards full of terrain, the ability to devote any of the warbands to any of the chaos gods, expansions that add in other GA based warbands, and really solid customization rules.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CitizenX said:

Things I want from this game: solid rules that let me brawl on boards full of terrain, the ability to devote any of the warbands to any of the chaos gods, expansions that add in other GA based warbands, and really solid customization rules.

Also skills, experience, buying gear and not having pre-made characters. Basically a slightly streamlined and balanced Mordheim set in the AoS equivalent of the Chaos Wastes. The game I always dreamed of as a teenage nerd!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was kinda lumping skills, experience, and not having pre-made characters in with the solid customization rules. 

 

My personal hope is that the warbands are very broad ideas (maybe realm based) that I can then filter down to the weird flavor of chaos I want. 

  • LOVE IT! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/03/13/mar-13-blades-of-khorne-preview-judgements-of-khorne-and-the-skull-altargw-homepage-post-4/

I really don't get these 'Judgements'. If you're saying special words to make a big magical thing appear, how is that not magic? Lore-wise you can explain it away however you like, but aesthetically this is magic. The idea of a Khorne priest swearing vengeance against all spellcasters in order to summon two giant floating blood-crying skulls that fly around the battlefield just seems like self-parody to me. 

It feels like business model over coherent game design - everything needs endless spells, so we've crammed them into the most magic-hating army in the game. Makes me a bit apprehensive about how they're going to do it for other traditionally non-magical factions.

Edited by robinlvalentine
  • Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CitizenX said:

My personal hope is that the warbands are very broad ideas (maybe realm based) that I can then filter down to the weird flavor of chaos I want. 

Yeah I definitely get a realm-specific feeling from the figs in the video. Metal and Beasts, kind of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, robinlvalentine said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/03/13/mar-13-blades-of-khorne-preview-judgements-of-khorne-and-the-skull-altargw-homepage-post-4/

I really don't get these 'Judgements'. If you're saying special words to make a big magical thing appear, how is that not magic? Lore-wise you can explain it away however you like, but aesthetically this is magic. The idea of a Khorne priest swearing vengeance against all spellcasters in order to summon two giant floating blood-crying skulls that fly around the battlefield just seems like self-parody to me. 

It feels like business model over coherent game design, to me - everything needs endless spells, so we've crammed them into the most magic-hating army in the game. Makes me a bit apprehensive about how they're going to do it for other traditionally non-magical factions.

They already have prayers as a thing, this just seems to be the Prayer version of Endless Spells. Maybe more factions will get them in the future. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, CitizenX said:

They already have prayers as a thing, this just seems to be the Prayer version of Endless Spells. Maybe more factions will get them in the future. 

To be honest I think prayers were already a step too far - again, if you can say some magic words to make a dude's skin turn into metal, or make someone explode into a fountain of blood, for all intents and purposes that's spellcasting. These are just an even more ridiculous step over the line for me. 

I mean, if Khorne is perfectly fine with people killing their enemies from a distance via magical means, what is it about wizards that he actually dislikes? Traditionally the idea was that throwing a fireball was dishonourable/cowardly compared to one-on-one melee combat, but now it seems like that's fine as long as the fireball is made of blood. 

Edited by robinlvalentine
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, robinlvalentine said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/03/13/mar-13-blades-of-khorne-preview-judgements-of-khorne-and-the-skull-altargw-homepage-post-4/

I really don't get these 'Judgements'. If you're saying special words to make a big magical thing appear, how is that not magic? Lore-wise you can explain it away however you like, but aesthetically this is magic. The idea of a Khorne priest swearing vengeance against all spellcasters in order to summon two giant floating blood-crying skulls that fly around the battlefield just seems like self-parody to me. 

It feels like business model over coherent game design - everything needs endless spells, so we've crammed them into the most magic-hating army in the game. Makes me a bit apprehensive about how they're going to do it for other traditionally non-magical factions.

Yeah I’m with you on this. GW are excellent at converting lore into mechanics-often to the detriment of “balance”-because their aim is to simulate the character of armies. But this is as you say just a wrote copy of magic. They could have thought of a better way to simulate the “judgement” of Khorne and surely it would involve something close and personal not a cowardly debuff from afar. It’s not Khornate at all.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Khorne is just a hypocrit filled self loathing. It is what makes him so angry.  khorne demons are magical creatures just like all the others.  What is summoning if not a magic spell?

These 'judgements' are just another example of Khorne's hypocrisy. 

On a more serious note don't roll an 8 if you are in range of those skulls. Blimey!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm ok with Khorne Endless Spells. I treat them like a divine intervention made by a furious god full of hatred. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm thinking how to convert daemon counts-as versions of these endless judgements instead. Some kind of flying, medium-sized magic-hating thing...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow those Judgements. The axe at D3 mortals to anyone it passed across + D6 mortals to anyone within 3" + -1 to hit for non-Khorne units around it. And then the skulls at -2 to cast within 12", instant unbind on 8's + D6 mortals. And then remember there's no counterplay to these things, you don't get to control them if you take the first turn in a battle round, and you just have to hope the opponent rolls them off the table.

Of course Khorne would get the best magic in the game. These are going to be silly.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mutton said:

best prayers in the game

FTFY

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing the most recent endless spell additions makes the Nighthaunt ones just seem kind of worthless.... poor little spooks... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Seeing the most recent endless spell additions makes the Nighthaunt ones just seem kind of worthless.... poor little spooks... 

The power creep with endless spells was real before but now it's just crazy

I would hope that at least these 'spells' cost a ton of blood tithe or require a priest to take friendly units out behind the shed to get them going.

Edited by Lucky Snake Eyes
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...