Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

55 minutes ago, stato said:

Promotional channel used to promote products.  You cant really expect them to not put out sales hype just because whats revealed so far is not the correct game system?  

I understand why they are doing this but still it feels a bit like.

SONY: ”So we has some exciting news for you?”

US: what?

SONY: Microsoft is making a new Xbox!

...🤨

But as I have said before I love these revealshows however I honestly expect nothing.

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will admit I only got into warhammer last year (I had the rogue trader book back in the day but not enough money for figures).  I got into it because of kill team.  I have like 8 kill teams (AdMech, GSC, BA,StD, IG, RT, Gellerpox, and the Blackstone heroes)   now a 2000 point Stormcast Army, close to 2000 Nighthaunt, and almost 1000 points of Khorne.  The strategy worked on me.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

People are saying that hyping up a new battletome is annoying*, but I just want to say, I would find a new faction a lot less interesting than a KO battletome rewrite. Just saying

 

Edit: hyping up a battletome more than a faction, new battletomes are usually exciting.

 

Spoiled brats

Edited by Sttufe
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My guess for the three upcoming updates:

#1 more information about the boardgames we already heard about.

#2 Warcry

#3 A 30 seconds teaser for something new, possibly the next AoS battletome/army.

Maybe Warcry will come first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sttufe said:

People are saying that hyping up a new battletome is annoying, but I just want to say, I would find a new faction a lot less interesting than a KO battletome rewrite. Just saying

 

Spoiled brats

I played my first two games with my Overlords last weekend. Went 1-1.

Yeah, wow, they have issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Finally, someone sees the light (But as of yet, not GW).

Edited by Sttufe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Considering that the number one complaint given to them when they where taking GHB suggestion was “fix KO”, I bet they know about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well they straight up say they'll have news for Warhammer boxed games and board games, so I wouldn't expect any AoS stuff. I imagine they'll show off some Shadespire, maybe a new Warhammer quest thing. The best we can hope for is the reveal of Warcry.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They didnt use the word "boxed" . AoS and 40k are warhammer games sooo....

Lets not forget KO were released on a Nova...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Well if theu actually did reveal some new quest thing I would be one happy camper.

Loved Silver tower and Hammerhal but making your own quests is a very complicated tasks with no mapeditors  or much to get you on the way so the game tend to die out once your have completed the main story. A shame cause it could have been a really great sandbox experience whether you wanted to use a gamemaster or go co-op.

Edited by Greasygeek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy moly, whenever there is a "reveal" we seemingly have to have the same ****** discussion over and over again. (and on an unrelated thread as well)

At this point I'm not sure if GW is at fault for hyping too much or you guys are just terrible at managing your emotions.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Xasz said:

Holy moly, whenever there is a "reveal" we seemingly have to have the same ****** discussion over and over again. (and on an unrelated thread as well)

At this point I'm not sure if GW is at fault for hyping too much or you guys are just terrible at managing your emotions.

+++ Mod Hat On +++

Just want to remind you to be nice to people on TGA. Just because you aren’t a fan of the way people react to GW reveals, doesn’t mean you have to read or reply in this thread.

I do however think GW have gotten to the stage where players expect more when shown stuff.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It just has nothing to do with rumours and this thread is pretty much locked into a periodic state flow, with the same non-related topics popping up week after week and month after month. (often initiated by the same people who just waited for their chance to pounce once more on their favorite thing)

There should be at least one or better several other "never ending" threads e.g. "general discussion", "state of the meta" or "gw something" to drain this and other sections of the board from the same reoccurring topics. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Xasz said:

It just has nothing to do with rumours and this thread is pretty much locked into a periodic state flow, with the same non-related topics popping up week after week and month after month. (often initiated by the same people who just waited for their chance to pounce once more on their favorite thing)

There should be at least one or better several other "never ending" threads e.g. "general discussion", "state of the meta" or "gw something" to drain this and other sections of the board from the same reoccurring topics. 

OK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Xasz said:

It just has nothing to do with rumours and this thread is pretty much locked into a periodic state flow, with the same non-related topics popping up week after week and month after month. (often initiated by the same people who just waited for their chance to pounce once more on their favorite thing)

There should be at least one or better several other "never ending" threads e.g. "general discussion", "state of the meta" or "gw something" to drain this and other sections of the board from the same reoccurring topics. 

Right, I challenge you to have a conversation with your gaming group about some Rumours. Now after a short period of time, is the conversation still on Rumours? ;) 

You also need to remember that people get excited about the stuff that's coming out and it's okay for them to express themselves about it (that's what this forum is for). Just let the mods poke things back on topic and let us know by either a report or message. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Raviv said:

My guess for the three upcoming updates:

#1 more information about the boardgames we already heard about.

#2 Warcry

#3 A 30 seconds teaser for something new, possibly the next AoS battletome/army.

Maybe Warcry will come first.

This is what I'm expecting/hoping for. I suspect with Adepticon not far away, we will see a teaser for something really cool and I think people will get really excited.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Greasygeek said:

Well if theu actually did reveal some new quest thing I would be one happy camper.

Loved Silver tower and Hammerhal but making your own quests is a very complicated tasks with no mapeditors  or much to get you on the way so the game tend to die out once your have completed the main story. A shame cause it could have been a really great sandbox experience whether you wanted to use a gamemaster or go co-op.

Well, listent to the Stormcast episode with Pete Foley, then ;) But yeah I'm 100% with you with WHQ. (And that Warcry thing of course). 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not watching it again to check, but I thought on that he just said that WHQ is in the 40k universe for now, but that it would come back to AoS at some point, didn't sound to me like theyd even started thinking about it yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, BobbyB said:

I'm not watching it again to check, but I thought on that he just said that WHQ is in the 40k universe for now, but that it would come back to AoS at some point, didn't sound to me like theyd even started thinking about it yet

Yeah.  Aos warhammer Quest is a way off. They definitely won't do until they have finished the planned expansions for Blackstone fortress. The rumour is that there will be at least 3 more of those.

Aos Quest will be 2020 or 2021 at the earliest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So depending on the outcome of 8pm UK time today all awake until 1am to see what else is announced? :)

Jokes aside Warcry would be the most interesting news coming out of this expo. I mean a new battletome/army is always good news but something more generic maybe with new shadespire-like units available to broader armies would be much more interesting! 

  • LOVE IT! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tomb King beard.

Attached to an Idoneth endless spell.

You heard it here first. 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Dear God No

I refuse to comment on it as it is quite clearly an abomination.

Edited by Sttufe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

The crawl pit abomination.

It’s clearly a new beast combining the chunkiness and strength from a gigantic crab , while still having some speed through the many skavenslaves devoured in making this abomination crawling from the pits of the moulder clan.

definitely a new skaven model,

Yes-yes

Edited by Skreech Verminking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...