Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So it'll be 40k until the Adepticon Preview, hopefully they show off more Battletomes and maybe a couple nice new models.

I would expect a huge beast with a howdah and suitably terrible Adjectivenoun name like Goredrizzling Spikelephant. And it's a dual kit that also builds a Chaoscursed Goreshaman riding a Bloodclad Hatemammoth.

• Like 5
  • Haha 10
  • LOVE IT! 1

38 minutes ago, Requizen said:

So it'll be 40k until the Adepticon Preview, hopefully they show off more Battletomes and maybe a couple nice new models.

As @Chikout said earlier, there is the (B2B) Gama Trade Show 2019, 11-15 March, so before Adepticon and just after the 40k Chaos and Primaris reveal (Abbadon has to show his ugly face on 4-5 March IIRC) : http://www.gamatradeshow.com

Last year at their seminar GW revealed a few interesting things (including an Idoneth "teaser" and some WHU warbands) : 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/03/14/kill-team-doom-lords-van-saar-and-moregw-homepage-post-1/ 

Again one of those witch-hunting things but did the Tenebrael Shard just disappear from the shop? I can find the Mistweaver saith but by any filter cannot find the Shard..... 😅 Am I blind?

Hmm the Shard is gone! The PDF is still there for the rules if you google, but the model is gone from the UK store! 

I find it very unlikely that we will have news at this point of Malerion aelfs. But if true... that would be beyond awesome.

Just now, Turgol said:

I find it very unlikely that we will have news at this point of Malerion aelfs. But if true... that would be beyond awesome.

Fully agreed. I expect them and expect them to be somewhat like the mistweaver and such based on the short stories we've had which have outlined that the typical Aelf for the Shadow Realm (which is basically all Malerion's people) is a misty shadowy shifty type of character who does appear to have the ability to blend into shadows and the like. 

But I'd be really shocked if there's anything for them right on the horizon now - not with a huge Chaos release confirmed. 

More likely the moulds broken and sales were too slow to make it worth recasting; or its so close (in mould development terms) that its not worth the investment now; or even that its going into a duel box. IT could even be something else like its product code changing. 

It's one thing I really want to highlight in GWs' new survey and hope others do, which is that stuff comes and goes and that's fine and stuff going is never a happy bit of news. However it would be great for GW to tell us (in advance whereever possible) what is gone; even if its just to say "hey the moulds broke and we aren't recasting  a new one, sorry this model is gone now." We can see its gone, its not something they are hiding, its just not something they highlight. And it leads to a lot of confusion - the Greenskins removal is a prime example of where forthought in communication was significantly lacking. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lord_blackfang said:

I would expect a huge beast with a howdah and suitably terrible Adjectivenoun name like Goredrizzling Spikelephant. And it's a dual kit that also builds a Chaoscursed Goreshaman riding a Bloodclad Hatemammoth.

I don't know what any of those things you described are, but I do know that I very much want them.

• Haha 1

Other than loads and loads of barbarians on foot (just the Shadespire warband gives us greatweapons, javelins and bows for weapon options and I'd hope for handweapon and shield as well), there really isn't much I would expect from Darkoath. Like others have said, it almost seems like a given there'd be some big beast with a howda.

There are some things I'd like to see, but that is wishlisting, mostly I'd like a Darkoath specific variation of the warshrine theme (I'd like to see  more variations of that in general, can't believe there never was a 40k warshrine Land Raider).

As discussed a few pages back, I'd love to see new Chaos Warriors, wether as new variants, re-do of the plastic kit or just plastic Chosen.

And more than anything else I hope for none of the markable options to be removed from Slaves (which will most likely come tied up with Darkoath) as I'd hate to see parts of monogod armies invalidated or forsed into unwieldy Beast style batallions.

• Like 1

Give me something like this but in plastic and I will be very happy. IMG_20190226_220031.jpg.365d2a27255471704d6108988eca9018.jpg

It is an amazing looking model but I'm pretty terrified of working with so much resin. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Asensur said:

If there is no new barbarian box I will be disappointed. 

And as the skavenplayer I am, I can assure you, that you won’t be or/and aren’t the only one, although there may be other reasons for a disappointing  mood.😒

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Considering Aelves I think it's more likely we wil see Tyrion's Elfs first as GW can  "hide"Shadowkin or whatever Malerion's Aelves are called in the shadows for a while and I think AoS really need some good guys - as there are SCE who aren't per se good and that's all Deepkins, DoK, KO aren't really good. Releasing another dark themed "order" army doesn't make much sens but who knows ;) 

25 minutes ago, DantePQ said:

Considering Aelves I think it's more likely we wil see Tyrion's Elfs first as GW can  "hide"Shadowkin or whatever Malerion's Aelves are called in the shadows for a while and I think AoS really need some good guys - as there are SCE who aren't per se good and that's all Deepkins, DoK, KO aren't really good. Releasing another dark themed "order" army doesn't make much sens but who knows ;) 

Dark themed order armie?

you must be mistaken my friend technically non of the order armies are dark themed at all (or just a bit).

I mean sure we have the deepkins who well steal souls of other races or the daughters of khaine who well have a taste for blood and gore, but this is a way of keeping their society alive or for other unknown purposes.

Sure some factions or races may suffer but in the end it is for a greater good which will help the society this faction lives in and yes it does sound a bit like nationalism but in the end all of the factions have it in some way.

For example the skaven....

skaven??...😅 never mind my theory, it seems to be wrong 

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Haha 2

In my region(spain) is gone the ligth elf,the dark elf and the fyreslayer hero from the warhammer quest.

So i dont know what happens but if those 3 are gone meaning that isnt nothing as dark elfs incoming or so,it is something that they are doing with warhammer quest heroes in general

1 hour ago, DantePQ said:

I feel like the current 'good guy' factions in Order are about as good as any faction is ever going to get in Warhammer. Stormcast may be flawed but they're about 1000% more genuinely moral than anything in 40k. Equally Seraphon, Sylvaneth, Free Peoples, Dispossessed, and others all seem pretty 'good' in the grand scheme of things. Keep in mind GW loves grimdark moral ambiguity, and even a setting as comparatively light as AOS is still rife with that. 

If/when Tyrion's elves come along, I wouldn't expect them to be any more unambiguously 'good' than the Stormcast. If anything, their whole existence seems kind of shady - Tyrion taking a bunch of souls and trying to selfishly recreate the long dead civilisation he remembers from a planet that doesn't even exist anymore, along the way accidentally creating an entire society of endlessly suffering soul vampires who he cast off and abandoned... I mean, he barely has the moral high-ground over Morathi at this point, and she's a blood-crazed snake monster. Plus we're almost guaranteed a 'Slaanesh breaks free' storyline, and when it happens, whose fault will it be? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, robinlvalentine said:

I feel like the current 'good guy' factions in Order are about as good as any faction is ever going to get in Warhammer. Stormcast may be flawed but they're about 1000% more genuinely moral than anything in 40k. Equally Seraphon, Sylvaneth, Free Peoples, Dispossessed, and others all seem pretty 'good' in the grand scheme of things. Keep in mind GW loves grimdark moral ambiguity, and even a setting as comparatively light as AOS is still rife with that. 

If/when Tyrion's elves come along, I wouldn't expect them to be any more unambiguously 'good' than the Stormcast. If anything, their whole existence seems kind of shady - Tyrion taking a bunch of souls and trying to selfishly recreate the long dead civilisation he remembers from a planet that doesn't even exist anymore, along the way accidentally creating an entire society of endlessly suffering soul vampires who he cast off and abandoned... I mean, he barely has the moral high-ground over Morathi at this point, and she's a blood-crazed snake monster. Plus we're almost guaranteed a 'Slaanesh breaks free' storyline, and when it happens, whose fault will it be? 

Not saying you’re wrong that the Tyrion-Aelves will be flawed in some way but the Deepkin were made by Teclis

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Overread said:

Hmm the Shard is gone! The PDF is still there for the rules if you google, but the model is gone from the UK store! 

Tomb Kings and Malerion Aelves confirmed next week then

Or its removal from sale has literally nothing to do with anything as per

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, FlatTooth said:

Not saying you’re wrong that the Tyrion-Aelves will be flawed in some way but the Deepkin were made by Teclis

Ah my mistake! 

from what I understood at my local GW store a week ago,  Slaanesh release should not be too far away. Maybe ( my opinion) with a battle box against new aelves

From the new article about Skaven, is this new information and a hint on something to come or we know it?

Eshin managed to witness the final preparations from the shadows of the God-King’s throne room. Disappearing through a hidden gnawhole, they shared this knowledge with a mysterious master…”

48 minutes ago, Alcina said:

from what I understood at my local GW store a week ago,  Slaanesh release should not be too far away. Maybe ( my opinion) with a battle box against new aelves

I'd be surprised since slaanesh already shares a box with Khorne. Plus the only model we know for near sure that is coming is a big Demon so  chances are that means it will come in its own box; so there's no need for GW to do a merged box for other things; they can make the demon and anything else its own big release

8 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

From the new article about Skaven, is this new information and a hint on something to come or we know it?

Eshin managed to witness the final preparations from the shadows of the God-King’s throne room. Disappearing through a hidden gnawhole, they shared this knowledge with a mysterious master…”

Pretty sure all the info in that blog post is from the Battletome along with the Artwork. So its no so much anything new, though it is interesting the bits they have chosen to pick out. Such as the missing Clan and the mysterious master (although the latter might well be Thanquol since he does start to appear here and there and needs some buildup!) 

1 hour ago, Alcina said:

Sorry, your local GW retail store manager very likely has no inside info, or any more heads up on upcoming releases than we do (If something is communicated to all several hundred GW store managers, it will be posted here within an hour I bet) 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Alcina said:

There was a recent release of a Slannesh Battlebox.

This would be a highly unusual move.

Edited by Kurrilino

Was that "Black Library Celebration 2019" just a 40k thing?  because all I see is 40k .