Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is it so far fetched for Tomb Kings - a force of ever-living soldiers with distant martial memories who've lost their humanity, who are animated by an arrogant and powerful six-lettered leader - to be reimagined as Stormcast?

Either way, it is just a clunky reference in a book. 

I'm pretty annoyed that they turned yet another unique character into a golden poster-boy. Bleh.

Edited by The_Yellow_Sign

1 hour ago, The_Yellow_Sign said:

I'm pretty annoyed that they turned yet another unique character into a golden poster-boy. Bleh.

I would be ok if:

Sigmar got Settra back, hidden in a corner of the realms, along with his kin, and kept a secret to be used in case Nagash started being too much of a ******.

They would "come back" like stormcasts do, but would act completly independent and be its own faction but against common foes (chaos and death).

Settra wouldnt accept to come back as a simple pawn to Sigmar.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Thiagoma said:

I would be ok if:

Sigmar got Settra back, hidden in a corner of the realms, along with his kin, and kept a secret to be used in case Nagash started being too much of a ******.

They would "come back" like stormcasts do, but would act completly independent and be its own faction but against common foes (chaos and death).

Settra wouldnt accept to come back as a simple pawn to Sigmar.

Settra is dead and you are talking about him like he would be that big of a help against nagash, who is a god. Settra is no more special then any other of the countless Kings and emperors that have existed in the realms. Rulers of long dead nations that have built walking Titans and continent destroying weapons.

Even if he was reforged, there is no reason that he should get special treatment.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, xking said:

Settra is dead and you are talking about him like he would be that big of a help against nagash, who is a god. Settra is no more special then any other of the countless Kings and emperors that have existed in the realms. Rulers of long dead nations that have built walking Titans and continent destroying weapons.

Even if he was reforged, there is no reason that he should get special treatment.

You are understimating Settra a lot. He was a king for millenias, beat the living ****** out of Arkhan the Black,  held his own against an Empowered Nagash for days.

Once destroyed he got the attention of the 4 Gods of Chaos who wanted him to kill Nagash, so they gave him a weapon (forgot the name) and reforged his body. 

Settra had Nagash cornered , but since he does not serve and Chaos gods had the balls to use him, he decided not kill the vulnerable Nagash and instead killed off a Horde of Greater Demons. Than he gave bone boy a see you later and entered the chaos realm to pay the gods a visit.

So yeah, Settra wasnt a small fry as you made him be.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Thiagoma said:

You are understimating Settra a lot. He was a king for millenias, beat the living ****** out of Arkhan the Black,  held his own against an Empowered Nagash for days.

Once destroyed he got the attention of the 4 Gods of Chaos who wanted him to kill Nagash, so they gave him a weapon (forgot the name) and reforged his body. 

Settra had Nagash cornered , but since he does not serve and Chaos gods had the balls to use him, he decided not kill the vulnerable Nagash and instead killed off a Horde of Greater Demons. Than he gave bone boy a see you later and entered the chaos realm to pay the gods a visit.

So yeah, Settra wasnt a small fry as you made him be.

You aren't telling me something I don't know already, I said he wouldn't be much much of a threat NOW. settra was impressive and ruled a highly Advanced civilization for his time. But in the Mortal realms there have been many kings and emperors who ruled even more advanced civilizations. Clockwork kingdoms, An Empire that could build Titanic Stone colossi or multi-dimensional magic death lasers. etc

In the Aeon that the realms have existed there have been many kings and emperors that could have rivaled settra. So there is no reason he should be treated special if he is reforged. ( I don't think he has been Reforged, But could be wrong)

And Nagash is a god now, his power is several magnitudes greater than it once was. His mere presence causes countless dead to reanimate.

Edited by xking
  • Like 2

I feel like maybe the former TK players idolise Settra a little too much :P

But yeah, the thing to keep in mind is this is a Black Library author. So at best the process will have been that he came up with the idea, ran it past GW, and they said 'ok, sure'. At worst, it might not have even been noticed at all. It could inspire stuff down the line, maybe, but it definitely won't be an indication of stuff GW already has in the pipeline. 

I mean, The Silver Shard has Khorne-worshiping pirates and giant monster sharks in it - would you take that as a hint at an upcoming nautical-themed Chaos release? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Thiagoma said:

he decided not kill the vulnerable Nagash and instead killed off a Horde of Greater Demons.

What a chump! Bet he's regretting that decision now 

If this Settrus is Settra, how do we know that he still remember his old live? I mean, if Sigmar needs your soul, I'm sure he will lobotomize you to take care of any possible drawbacks that the your old dude had. 

But my main concern is what will happen if Settrus recovers his memory? On my book, Horus Heresy will become a fairy tale.😂

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, xking said:

Settra is dead and you are talking about him like he would be that big of a help against nagash.

Well Nagash, Morathi, Teclis, Thanqoul, all the special named Vampires,and many more named Heroes died in the e d times.

And funny to say  but they all came alive back, as Gods or other things.

So settra having been dead doesn’t really matter in this case

Edited by Skreech Verminking

4 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Well Nagash, Morathi, Teclis, Thanqoul, all the special named Vampires,and many more named Heroes died in the e d times.

Settra (An Undead Ruler of Undead not bound to Nagash) returning would be more "logical" (we talking fiction logic here) than Morathi becaming a Demigodess, yet here she is (and i quite enjoy both her sculpture and her lore).

Settra could be a demigod by now somewhere in the realms, who knows?  He isnt the sort of guy who quits...

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Marathi did not die, the Incarnates did not die( they became dormant). Thanqoul was saved by the great horned rat. And the vampires were saved thanks to Nagash. Teclis is the odd one. 

Edited by xking
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, xking said:

Marathi did not die, the Incarnates did not die( they became dormant). Thanqoul was saved by the great horned rat. And the vampires were saved thanks to Nagash. Teclis is the odd one. 

I dono, a person beeing eaten and digested for years sounds very dead to me🤔.

The incarnates, are we talking about Sigmar?

At the end of The End Times: Nagash most of Khemri turned their back on Settra and joined Nagash. These forces could indeed have survived the destruction of the world-that-was through Nagash. I feel that if the Tomb Kings did indeed make a return they would be thralls to Nagash and indeed a Death faction.

Edited by Greyshadow

Preorders are up, GW are releasing some customised straws next weekend for TK obsessives to literally grasp 

Has nobody else noticed that Slaanesh written backwards then put through a Coptic-English auto-translate is Tomb Kings

Edited by Nos
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Skreech Verminking said:

I dono, a person beeing eaten and digested for years sounds very dead to me🤔.

The incarnates, are we talking about Sigmar?

She very much survived and she escaped. She was however mutated.

Edited by xking

Morathi survived and escaped Slaanesh's belly. Her body is mutated and her winged serpent form is her natural normal body now; her Aelf with bronze-like wings is basically a powerful illusion spell she weaves to try and hide her true self. However at times of battle, rage or when she's weakened she reverts to her natural state. Basically when she hasn't the self will or spare power to maintain her illusion it drops. 

It was also her escape that showed the other Godlike Aelves (of which Morathi is insanely jealous because all teh great Aelves of her day who survived became gods but she didn't) how to weave a means to syphon out the souls from Slaanesh and was what drove them to entrap the Chaos god. 

🤔

If Warhammer (and by extension AoS) takes place in a post 40k timeline (lots of markers, but foremost the birth of the Chaos Gods), could we start seeing various Space Marine special charaters turn up as Stormcast? ;) 

• Thanks 1

I think we should stop now. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

🤔

If Warhammer (and by extension AoS) takes place in a post 40k timeline (lots of markers, but foremost the birth of the Chaos Gods), could we start seeing various Space Marine special charaters turn up as Stormcast? ;) 

Don’t make me put my Mod Hat On! 😉

I think the best way of thinking about it is like mirror universes where they share similarities but aren’t joined.

Anyway rumours. 

If you go to the main GW site, there is now 10 days left on the countdown for Vigilus (40k). So basically next few weeks will be 40k focused, but I think we will see some AOS soon. I’m expecting Blades if Khorne 😉

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

🤔

You could make AOS into the pre Horus Heresy without much difficulty. The bit just before the Emperor founds the Primarchs and their legions. 

2 hours ago, Gaz Taylor said:

If you go to the main GW site, there is now 10 days left on the countdown for Vigilus (40k). So basically next few weeks will be 40k focused, but I think we will see some AOS soon. I’m expecting Blades if Khorne 😉

What are we expecting from this updated Khorne book? GW have indicated they will make playing pure daemons of khorne or bloodbound more feasible. Im gonna guess the bloodsecrator is gonna get the wholly within treatment and maybe even be limited to khorne mortals only. Theres also an opportunity to completely review the warscrolls as we've seen with skaven and gloomspite, so id expect buffs galore to all those 4+ abbilities and rendless attacks. Simplifying the battalions will be nice too. Also i wonder if there will be free terrain, or if those not endless spells will fill that role?

4 minutes ago, Captain Marius said:

What are we expecting from this updated Khorne book? GW have indicated they will make playing pure daemons of khorne or bloodbound more feasible. Im gonna guess the bloodsecrator is gonna get the wholly within treatment and maybe even be limited to khorne mortals only. Theres also an opportunity to completely review the warscrolls as we've seen with skaven and gloomspite, so id expect buffs galore to all those 4+ abbilities and rendless attacks. Simplifying the battalions will be nice too. Also i wonder if there will be free terrain, or if those not endless spells will fill that role?

There's already a Khornate terrain set hidden in plain sight:

Spoiler

99129999012_CitadelSkulls08.jpg

;) 

• Like 3
  • Haha 7
  • LOVE IT! 2

56 minutes ago, Captain Marius said:

All of those at a guess. I suspect the idea is to reword some stuff and get the book working better and how players want to play it. From a sales point of view, it’s a simple update with a few models that will sell fairly well. Personally I would expect to see the other books done in a similar manner. If I was a betting man, I would say we would see Tzeentch after that and then maybe Nurgle with Slaanesh next year. But that’s guessing rather than a rumour. I do think AOS will get something cool this year (hard to forget AOS 2 dropped last year as well but that seems so long ago!!)