Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

54 minutes ago, lord_blackfang said:

I would instant-buy a new Tzeentch book that had identical art and layout and just included AoS 2.0 changes. It's a gorgeous book but like you said, just about every page has errata. It is perhaps ironic that Acolytes do not have errata, as their warscroll doesn't even match the box contents.

I think the amount of changes in Khorne will be telling in how they intend to handle Tzeentch(if they do at all). If it ends up being mostly errata rollup with a few tweaks, that would probably be a good indication for Tzeentch since once you put all the errata and faqs together, they've got one of the better books in the game. But that could also be worrying for Kharadron Overlords players who definitely don't want small tweaks and an errata roll up. I almost want them to treat KO like a faction without a book and start over from the ground up.

5 hours ago, bsharitt said:

. I almost want them to treat KO like a faction without a book and start over from the ground up.

Or from the sky down, perhaps.

Edited by Sleboda
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

I haven’t read this thread for around 15 pages. Any actual rumors since Skaven and FEC came out?

3 minutes ago, Ragnar Alpaca said:

I haven’t read this thread for around 15 pages. Any actual rumors since Skaven and FEC came out?

Not really no although there's growing guesses that Seraphon might be getting a Tome. 

We know that Khorne is next and that there's a reveal event in March that will likely unveil more new things; however with the new big 40K release on the horizon most are focused on that. It's going to be a major Chaos 40K release by the looks of it. 

1 minute ago, Overread said:

Not really no although there's growing guesses that Seraphon might be getting a Tome. 

We know that Khorne is next and that there's a reveal event in March that will likely unveil more new things; however with the new big 40K release on the horizon most are focused on that. It's going to be a major Chaos 40K release by the looks of it. 

When they were doing the 40k codexes at a fast paces they were announcing them in batches if I recall, and then they'd generally come out in pairs. I wonder if we'll be lucky enough to get that much of a heads up.

I know it sort of defeats the purpose of a Rumours thread but I kind of like being surprised a bit hahaha.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Satyrical Sophist said:

The current Tzeentch book is ... not accurate. It doesn't contain the new summoning rules, and almost every warscroll has had a lot of errata. I think Kairic Acolytes might legitimately be the only unchanged warscroll (and that's only because they should have been and I think GW forgot). Maybe the blue scribes? 

Several traits don't do what the book says anymore, same with spells. 

Yeah, with so many changes the book is a true mess. I also think the LoC is highly overcosted at the moment - I mean Thanquol is 400 points and arguably a better pick in most situations.

It amazes me how some people  can still be so bitter about AoS( it's been like 3 or 4 years). A lot of their arguments boil down to " back in my day things were better, I don't want this darn new thing and anyone else that likes it is  darn stupid"  

Anyway, I wish GW would give us some more hints at what this forbidden power is.

Edited by xking

With these rumors about 40k chaos marines gw is hiding in plain sight slaves to darkness tome, i can bet it

3 hours ago, xking said:

It amazes me how some people  can still be so bitter about AoS( it's been like 3 or 4 years). A lot of their arguments boil down to " back in my day things were better, I don't want this darn new thing and anyone else that likes it is  darn stupid"  

In fairness it can take 3 or 4 years to build an army and some of those old world fantasy armies were 20 or more years old. They were big collections that were part of quite a long period of peoples lives. Then suddenly the whole world, lore, armies and everything was swept under the carpet and thrown out and replaced with launch AoS - which lets not forget fragmented pretty much every army; dropped two right on launch day; dropped ALL the rules save for novelty ones and shifted the whole game to round bases. All pretty much in one day - dont' forget this was back in the Kirby days when GW wasn't communicating all that well with fans. 

Fantasy gamers had just had the big "End Times" campaign and were prepared for a big new edition - they weren't prepared for the game to end and be replaced with something that was honestly lesser in nearly all respects save for model quality. I think also releasing Sigmarines at launch left a bad taste for many when they were also retiring strong fantasy trope armies at the same time. 

It was too much change too fast and, honestly, in the wrong direction for most.

For some its going to take a long while to get over that, esp since they have to update their armies to round bases and GW didn't jump on the bandwaggon of making upgrade packs for square to round bases; plus GW sells their bases at quite a premium price for what they are so any who game through GW are looking at a big cost to update what might be 5K, 10K, perhaps more than 20K armies. 

AoS is also very different, it dropped rank and file and wheeling manoeuvres that one got with old fantasy; they dropped rear and flanking attacks. Those are other big changes too. Personally I'd really love for GW to bring back the Warmaster game for AoS (Warmaster Old World would be a fantastic way to support the old world fans, but I can't see GW doing that) and then throw rank and file rules into that. The scale was always better for representing rank and file and with smaller models you can have a more complex table whilst still having room to wheel and turn; at 35mm scale many fantasy tables were often more bare than 40K because you had to leave some room to allow units to turn. 

Anyway rumours rumours er rumours - yeah I don't think we've got any :( Still with Khorne coming out that means the only thing GW has left on the table that they've promised is Slaanesh!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Overread said:

In fairness it can take 3 or 4 years to build an army and some of those old world fantasy armies were 20 or more years old. They were big collections that were part of quite a long period of peoples lives. Then suddenly the whole world, lore, armies and everything was swept under the carpet and thrown out and replaced with launch AoS - which lets not forget fragmented pretty much every army; dropped two right on launch day; dropped ALL the rules save for novelty ones and shifted the whole game to round bases. All pretty much in one day - dont' forget this was back in the Kirby days when GW wasn't communicating all that well with fans. 

Fantasy gamers had just had the big "End Times" campaign and were prepared for a big new edition - they weren't prepared for the game to end and be replaced with something that was honestly lesser in nearly all respects save for model quality. I think also releasing Sigmarines at launch left a bad taste for many when they were also retiring strong fantasy trope armies at the same time. 

It was too much change too fast and, honestly, in the wrong direction for most.

For some its going to take a long while to get over that, esp since they have to update their armies to round bases and GW didn't jump on the bandwaggon of making upgrade packs for square to round bases; plus GW sells their bases at quite a premium price for what they are so any who game through GW are looking at a big cost to update what might be 5K, 10K, perhaps more than 20K armies. 

AoS is also very different, it dropped rank and file and wheeling manoeuvres that one got with old fantasy; they dropped rear and flanking attacks. Those are other big changes too. Personally I'd really love for GW to bring back the Warmaster game for AoS (Warmaster Old World would be a fantastic way to support the old world fans, but I can't see GW doing that) and then throw rank and file rules into that. The scale was always better for representing rank and file and with smaller models you can have a more complex table whilst still having room to wheel and turn; at 35mm scale many fantasy tables were often more bare than 40K because you had to leave some room to allow units to turn. 

Anyway rumours rumours er rumours - yeah I don't think we've got any :( Still with Khorne coming out that means the only thing GW has left on the table that they've promised is Slaanesh!

I got into Warhammer with AoS. The first two years of it's existence were filled with such toxicity that I have a little remorse for such bitter people. And woe unto you if you said you like anything about AoS in those dark times. 

With  shows like Warhammer weekly and some  blogs, being the only Refuge. I did not think there was much a fanbase at all. It was when I found  this forum things look different, this place was truly a beacon in the Darkness.  

I wish people would stop saying Sigmarines.

Edited by xking
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

We could try Mariar instead? Or Marinecast!

The toxicity was well earned in those early days - it would be like if GW came in now and took AoS and said. "You know actually what we are going to do is drop all the lines and release a pre-painted skirmish game set in a full steam punk setting." Sure it would get new fans, but any of you with AoS armies would feel instantly irate. Though admitidly there were some who took AoS hate too far; but by and large a good number have now either moved on; gotten over it; got into AoS 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Overread said:

The toxicity was well earned in those early days - it would be like if GW came in now and took AoS and said. "You know actually what we are going to do is drop all the lines and release a pre-painted skirmish game set in a full steam punk setting." Sure it would get new fans, but any of you with AoS armies would feel instantly irate. Though admitidly there were some who took AoS hate too far; but by and large a good number have now either moved on; gotten over it; got into AoS 

"Stormcast" is a decent abbreviation.

You think some people took it too far? No, I'd say a whole lot of people took it too far. There was a whole lot of " stop liking things I don't like"  they were just making things terrible for other people.

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, Overread said:

The toxicity was well earned in those early days 

I'm not sure toxicity of the sort we saw can ever be justified or necessary in what is a game/hobby. 

Anyway we are getting completely off topic here - back to rumours everyone! 

(not that I have any sadly) 

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Overread said:

False equivalence given all WFB armies were usable for AoS and people were still capable of playing WFB (all 8th editions of it if  they could  find like minded souls).  And it wasn’t a few it was every thread or discussion one had about AoS, further more it was often directed at the players not the game. It’s why TGA exists. 

• Like 4

Guys. Rumors...

Was there any hints or slips from the GW content this week?

• Like 1

+++MOD HAT+++

Come on folks, let's try and keep the general chit-chat away from here - if there's nothing to say there's absolutely nothing wrong with not posting anything in this thread!

@Kirjava13 and less sarcasm please

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

It really is a bit of a joke though. All the commands to keep this thread devoted to rumours when there's sod all to discuss except for wishlisting and fantasies, except when GW drop a preview on us, and then it's not a rumour. Just change the thread's name to News and we can all stop living this lie.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Yesterday on twitch BoK were used. They mentioned that they couldn't use new book so far from release. Make of it what you will.

• Sad 1

There's a, no doubt apocryphal, story that's attributed to various august personages, Frank Lloyd Wright, Eisenhower etc etc, about when they were asked to plan a pathway across a newly developed campus. So the story goes rather than just lay down what they thought would make most sense they recommended seeding the area with grass, leaving it for a period of time and then laying the path down on the naturally developed, well trodden path that people had instinctively made.

Not sure why but that story always springs to mind whenever the weekly call to respect the sanctity of the rumour thread goes up.

🤔

Anyway, back to the rumours, I'm looking forward to hearing that GW might be releasing a Battletome and some scenery for an existing faction at some point in the next 2 weeks to 18 months.

Edited by JPjr
  • Like 4

29 minutes ago, Kirjava13 said:

It really is a bit of a joke though. All the commands to keep this thread devoted to rumours when there's sod all to discuss except for wishlisting and fantasies, except when GW drop a preview on us, and then it's not a rumour. Just change the thread's name to News and we can all stop living this lie.

+++MOD HAT+++

If there's nothing relevant to discuss then quite simply don't add anything to the thread.  Just because there's a thread doesn't mean it needs to be full up of unrelated discussion and snarky one-liners.  Type your comment, read it and ask "does this add to the overall topic?" - if the answer is no then don't post it.

Ideally the Rumour thread should be about rumours, releases and related items - the mods know it'll go off track a bit, but frankly it's been getting more and more ridiculous with how far off it's gone - often with the same repeat offenders...  There is a limit to our tolerance.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Overread said:

I believe Brets and Tomb Kings were usable at launch, the ranges werent discontinued until the following year when the Order and Death GA books were released and loads of stuff went on Last Chance to Buy.

The way GW have kind of surreptitiously removed Gitmob and common trolls, then the weird way they discontinued Greenskins has started some alarm bells ringing. What could be next for the chop!?

On 2/19/2019 at 12:49 AM, xking said:

You know, in one of the twitch episodes. The GW guys said the Brimstone peninsula was at least the size of Russia.  But it is still just a dot on the map.

What twictch episode was that? was it recent one?

8 minutes ago, Ice Void said:

What twictch episode was that? was it recent one?

It was not recent, I don't remember which episode. But they were talking about the maps in the core book and the brimstone Peninsula came up. I don't think they thought too deeply about it, more of a off-handed comment, they just wanted to compare it to something on Earth I guess. Probably won't get anything concrete on it until they put some miles or kilometers in a book.  At least we got Hammerhal being the size of a continent, that is in a book.

Edited by xking