Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A little thing that may be of interest is that next week, from the 16th to the 19th of February,  is the New York toy fair. Last year gw announced blitz bowl and space marine adventures at that event. This year gw has two small exibitor booths,  so they will be showing something. 

Edited by Chikout
  • Like 1

Probably some more USA-only board games.

7 minutes ago, Chikout said:

This year gw has two small exibitor booths,  so they will be showing something. 

If they promote related, 3rd party, things then there's that upcoming 'Rise and Fall of Anvalor' board game. 

1 hour ago, 123lac said:

Surprised that some people think Warcry will be chaos only. You seriously think the AoS version of kill team will only feature 1 grand alliance? Madness.

There's currently zero evidence it'll be AoS Kill Team. Just from the teaser, a better guess would probably be some kind of arena type game. People are hoping it'll be Kill Team, but there's not much to support that.

At this point I'm not going to get my hopes up. I'm getting into a Mordheim campaign at my local shop, so I'll probably be disappointed by whatever GW puts out anyway if they ever do properly approach skirmish in the Mortal Realms.

16 minutes ago, JPjr said:

If they promote related, 3rd party, things then there's that upcoming 'Rise and Fall of Anvalor' board game. 

So, out of curiosity, I google that game and it’s  coming out in April. You can download the rules here:

https://wizkids.com/posters/repository/wizkids/Anvalor-Rulebook FINAL WEB 10.17.18small.pdf

They have a bunch of pictures on the wiz kids website.

• Like 1

@Chikout ah I'd just done exactly the same as you and was reading those rules.

interesting that I think some of the factions involved have changed in the final edition to what was in the initial announcement and guesses we were all making here. looks interesting anyway, pretty sure I'll be grabbing a copy.

edit: actually it looks like the factions are still the same.

edit 2: 1 thing of note, all the unit cards shown in the rulebook appear to be for existing units, all except one, the Fyreslayers have a unit called Doomslayers. Now obviously it would be wrong to leap to wild conclusions due to something as trivial as this, but then that's what we do best...

edit 3:  my bad, sorry not my day, it's Doomseekers not Doomslayers, so the name of an old WHFB Dwarf unit wasn't it? 

Edited by JPjr

Doomseeker is also a current Fyreslayer hero, released alongside Warhammer Quest: Silver Tower.

• Thanks 1

Oh, speaking of the ST Doomseeker, is the Deathrunner in the new Skaven tome? I assume not since I've not heard anything.

3 minutes ago, Klamm said:

Oh, speaking of the ST Doomseeker, is the Deathrunner in the new Skaven tome? I assume not since I've not heard anything.

No,  hasn’t  pop-up in The reviews I saw.

Edited by Kramer
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Kramer said:

No,  hasn’t  pop-up in The reviews I saw.

It is not in there.

No, he's not. When Fyreslayers book will be released (or rather if), Doomseeker won't be there as it's currently OOP. Same goes for Excelsior Warpriest (but Darkoath Chieftain is still there, go figure).

19 minutes ago, michu said:

No, he's not. When Fyreslayers book will be released (or rather if), Doomseeker won't be there as it's currently OOP. Same goes for Excelsior Warpriest (but Darkoath Chieftain is still there, go figure).

Someone recently mentioned a key distinction in what does and doesn't get released separately after a Boxed gamed goes OOP: shared vs separate sprues.

All of the Silver Tower HEROES are on separate sprues, which means GW could easily sell them separately (and currently does with the Chieftain, Ogroid and the Knight-Questor). Because of this, I would put money of GW re-releasing the Doomseeker alongside the inevitable Fyreslayer update. Unfortunately, the same thing doesn't apply for the miniatures of shared sprues, which means we probably won't see the Deathrunner again. I guess you just use it as the deathmaster. 

Edited by Klamm
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Klamm said:

Someone recently mentioned a key distinction in what does and doesn't get released separately after a Boxed gamed goes OOP: shared vs separate sprues.

All of the Silver Tower HEROES are on separate sprues, which means GW could easily sell them separately (and currently does with the Chieftain, Ogroid and the Knight-Questor). Because of this, I would put money of GW re-releasing the Doomseeker alongside the inevitable Fyreslayer update. Unfortunately, the same thing doesn't apply for the miniatures of shared sprues, which means we probably won't see the Deathrunner again. I guess you just use it as the deathmaster. 

He, along with all the other Silver Tower heroes were definitely sold stand alone before. Not sure why GW pull them when they pulled Silvertower since I'm pretty sure the stand alone heroes were packaged as purely AoS. I guess the Elves made sense because they didn't really belong to a faction, but the rest actually made some good heroes for other factions.

I don't have any kids, But I'm going to buy the AoS(maybe 40k one to)  Warhammer Adventures audio to listen to it anyway.   Because I want to. 

• Like 7

50 minutes ago, michu said:

The Stormcast Questor also went OOP a few months ago, I know because I was after one and it was removed from the webstore, despite being in the Battletome.  Its back on the store now though, so we dont really know what they will do until its actually done.

EDIT: Ah just seen Klamm mention the deathrunner was not on a separate sprue, so can understand why it was dropped, but Hero's are still possible to return.

Edited by stato

4 minutes ago, stato said:

The Stormcast Questor also went OOP a few months ago, I know because I was after one and it was removed from the webstore, despite being in the Battletome.  Its back on the store now though, so we dont really know what they will do until its actually done.

EDIT: Ah just seen Klamm mention the deathrunner was not on a separate sprue, so can understand why it was dropped.

I'm sorry, did you just say you actually WANTED a Knight Questor?! ;)

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, AdamR said:

I'm sorry, did you just say you actually WANTED a Knight Questor?! ;)

HA!  yes I admit I'm the kind of person that causes miniatures like this to continue to exists, awesome model, terrible rules. Who knows when ill use it, but I will eventually.

• Like 6

47 minutes ago, stato said:

HA!  yes I admit I'm the kind of person that causes miniatures like this to continue to exists, awesome model, terrible rules. Who knows when ill use it, but I will eventually.

It's such a lovely model, maybe my favourite in the whole Stormcast range. I got him for Christmas last year and I don't even care if his stats are rubbish :P 

Nice for Skirmish at least, with his low points cost! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, robinlvalentine said:

It's such a lovely model, maybe my favourite in the whole Stormcast range. I got him for Christmas last year and I don't even care if his stats are rubbish :P 

Nice for Skirmish at least, with his low points cost! 

Haha that’s when I plan to use him! Also perfectly viable substitute for Gabriel Braveheart ;) 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Haha that’s when I plan to use him! Also perfectly viable substitute for Gabriel Braveheart ;) 

Good choice! Can GW officially swap them over so the nice model gets the good rules pleeeez!

12 minutes ago, michu said:

EDIT: Ok, that's 100% for 40k Chaos Space Marines.

Yup it's gearing up for the Shadowspear release in March. I'm looking forwards to it, mainly as it will hopefully see the end of the current Chaos Space Marine plastics. 

Will be interesting though to see how long the Daemon Rumour Engine lasts before it's banished. Hopefully it will hang around enough for some AOS Chaos Rumours.....

• Like 2