Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Tell that to the lord relictor from the launch box

They never release the models from the core starter sets separately.  What they generally do is release a separate version of those models.  However, there are exceptions such as what they did for Chainrasps.

7 minutes ago, Skabnoze said:

They never release the models from the core starter sets separately.  What they generally do is release a separate version of those models.  However, there are exceptions such as what they did for Chainrasps.

Hehe I found it funny ;) But that's kind of the seiruous point in there. Gw does work with a lot of exceptions on what we interpret as their rules. I wouldn't count on models from sets getting seperate releases.

3 hours ago, xking said:

I was wrong!, It go's on pre-order today.  I thought that was last week, this is annoying. Why is this novel taking so long to come out,  according to David Guymer it was done months before the end of the last year.

32 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Hehe I found it funny ;) But that's kind of the seiruous point in there. Gw does work with a lot of exceptions on what we interpret as their rules. I wouldn't count on models from sets getting seperate releases.

If it’s essentially a new starter, with pushfit models, no. If they’re full kits, then they’ll be released separately at some point. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Skabnoze said:

1 hour ago, Still-young said:

If it’s essentially a new starter, with pushfit models, no. If they’re full kits, then they’ll be released separately at some point. 

It is not uncommon for GW to plan the sprue in advance such that not only are the factions in seperate halves, but individual unit(s) on a single sprue and can be sold individually.  Look at the first AoS starter, the leaders were sold seperately.  40k Deathwatch Overkill Broodcoven, etc.  WHQ Silver tower had some of the heroes on seperate sprues too. 
GW is smart. they will find a way when it makes sense. 

Huh, with the clan rats being the only model going no longer available (aside from metal duplicates of other available models), I assumed they were going to be the only rebox with round bases, especially after the lack of rebasing with Beasts of Chaos and Gloomspite, but d@mn, they redid the whole Skaven army, even the old metal and resin ones. Maybe the rumor I heard was right and they actually are going to start packing everything with rounds.

One interesting thing I noticed is that for things that have been webstore only and are staying that way(i.e. not technically reboxed), they say they come with round and square bases. So it sounds more like GW is finally doing the right thing™ and just sending round bases with things they're already shipping directly anyway instead of trying to double dip by selling models with square bases and then selling the proper round bases for extra, Hopefully we see that more widely across the web store soon.

15 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

Huh, with the clan rats being the only model going no longer available (aside from metal duplicates of other available models), I assumed they were going to be the only rebox with round bases, especially after the lack of rebasing with Beasts of Chaos and Gloomspite, but d@mn, they redid the whole Skaven army, even the old metal and resin ones. Maybe the rumor I heard was right and they actually are going to start packing everything with rounds.

One interesting thing I noticed is that for things that have been webstore only and are staying that way(i.e. not technically reboxed), they say they come with round and square bases. So it sounds more like GW is finally doing the right thing™ and just sending round bases with things they're already shipping directly anyway instead of trying to double dip by selling models with square bases and then selling the proper round bases for extra, Hopefully we see that more widely across the web store soon.

clan rats were in a retail box before, and are in a retail box now. They are going to be in retail stores. Hence they were "reboxed". 
Everything else is metal, so it wasn't reboxed, just shipped with a different base in the generic webstore only packaging. (all that stuff still webstore only)

Bit of an odd one: there are two different products on the site for FEC.

One is Crypt Ghast Courtier for £29 - 20 models

The other is Crypt Ghouls for £25 - 20 models

The only difference seems to be that the Crypt Ghast Courtier entry says about the box being packed with extras.

Can anyone shed any light on this for me?

9 minutes ago, Lukezilla91 said:

The only difference seems to be that the Crypt Ghast Courtier entry says about the box being packed with extras.

That is odd, same thing on the US side ($40 and $47). According to miniature market, they price was $40. Maybe a price hike but they forgot to take down the old one?

12 minutes ago, Lukezilla91 said:

Did they put in enough models so you can build a courtier without having 9 ghouls wasted? O.o

Doubtful; more likely someone who uploaded the prices didn't take one down and mistakenly thought they were different kits. 

1 minute ago, JackStreicher said:

Did they put in enough models so you can build a courtier without having 9 ghouls wasted? O.o

That'd be nice, but to do it, wouldn't they basically have to redo part of the sprue separately, and if they're going to do that, why no repackage it by itself for $25?

3 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Funnily enough I asked myself that one,  maybe they’ve thrown an extra sprue in there but with no extra bases? (I’m not sure how the sprues are laid out for them so I’m not sure how many ‘free’ sghouls that would net you)

17 hours ago, xking said:

Check out this interview with David Guymer on his Hamilcar novel  https://www.trackofwords.com/2019/02/09/rapid-fire-david-guymer-talks-hamilcar-champion-of-the-gods/

Hamilcar is one AoS's best original characters.

I read the bear eater story in last year's black library celebration, it was probably one of the worst things I've ever read. Genuinely, I've read work by creative writing students of a quality far beyond that "professionally written" story. Even the basics, like scene setting, personal descriptions etc were awful.

I've noticed that a fair few BL books are quite light on descriptive details. I think its partly because most of what they describe are models in the range so a qiuck glance at the GW website often shows you all you need to know; and is likely  considered "expected" knowledge on the part of the reader. 

20 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

I read the bear eater story in last year's black library celebration, it was probably one of the worst things I've ever read. Genuinely, I've read work by creative writing students of a quality far beyond that "professionally written" story. Even the basics, like scene setting, personal descriptions etc were awful.

You should read the interview, He talks about that. 

Any guess why warcry has that name?? I wonder why they use a name that was used for a card game

1 hour ago, xking said:

You should read the interview, He talks about that. 

I didn’t see that in the interview? He says the character of Hamilcar has moved in a different way since then but nothing about quality, at least if I am looking at the right spot. 

2 hours ago, Austin said:

I didn’t see that in the interview? He says the character of Hamilcar has moved in a different way since then but nothing about quality, at least if I am looking at the right spot. 

He prefers if people started with  "The Hardest Word", as it is a better entry point for the character and the setting. As this is the story were he begins developing his own little part of the realms. https://www.trackofwords.com/2017/08/22/quick-review-the-hardest-word-david-guymer/ 

However I will say that "Bear Eater" is not nearly as bad as HollowHills in making it out to be, it is however not the best. The short story does expects you to know what different stormcast already look like. It also kinds of expects you to have listened to the "Knights of Vengeance" as it takes place right after those events.  

• Like 3

I think one thing BL could do a LOT better is present how series for characters work in AoS. Esp for things like short stories which often rely on you having read other stories to fill in the gaps that they don't have room for in the smaller format. It's actually very messy how they currently do it with heroes appearing here and there in stories and not even always having a clear reading order for their publications even though there is one. 

• Like 5

Surprised that some people think Warcry will be chaos only. You seriously think the AoS version of kill team will only feature 1 grand alliance? Madness.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 123lac said:

You seriously think the AoS version of kill team

Thing is, we don't actually have any idea what it is at all. It very well could not be the AoS Kill Team lots of people are jonesing for. For all we know it could be a standalone game like 'Speed Freaks' that came out around the Orc Codex.

Imagine a game that had, for example, Darkoath chariot racers battling it out or Darkoath champions fighting for Archaon's favour that comes out just before a major StD Battletome is released. Gets some big key pieces in to people's armies ahead of a full release and tempts a few people who might just fancy a chariot racing game (or whatever) to get involved.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, 123lac said:

Surprised that some people think Warcry will be chaos only. You seriously think the AoS version of kill team will only feature 1 grand alliance? Madness.

You seriously it will be AoS killteam? Madness.

;) 

but an assumption there is that’s its going to be killteam. Just because the same makers are involved doesn’t mean they will do the same thing. Otherwise you also need to take into account that the makers of shadespire are involved and split the difference. 

Secondly why wouldn’t it be a new version of gorechosen? That was even only Khorne! So the precedent is there. 

Lastly the location and trailer are heavily tied to chaos. To the point that in the artwork used there is only mortal chaos warriors. The trailer is the Biggest indication to the content of the game we have with the blurb that goes with it. 

HAving said all that I do feel it’s going to be character progress driven skirmish like killteam as well. But to make it competitive they need to limit the warscrolls and then why not start with chaos vs chaos and add other allegiances through expansions. If it’s the best call I don’t know but seems most likely to me with the info we have. (Which is very limited)

madness! (Just because it’s a great way to end a post ;) )

• Like 1