Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

5 minutes ago, Ar-Pharazôn said:

What are the possibility of "do-over" battletomes? Where they go and rewrite, revise, etc some of the older books and AoS factions that haven't held up as well as newer factions. 

Well, with the release of the new FEC Battletome I'd say roughly 100%.

• Haha 7

2 minutes ago, JPjr said:

Well, with the release of the new FEC Battletome I'd say roughly 100%.

To be fair I'd completely forgotten the FEC battletome.

Kharadron, Fyre, Ironjaws all in dire need of help. 

I predict we'll see a Battletome: Freecities to clean up the Order micro-factions and turn them into something more playable. GW have already laid the groundwork with Firestorm and with the current direction of the lore, which seems geared towards creating fleshed out locations, rather than attempting to map an entire realm.

Duardin and Aelves are in a different position to the factions that have received large catch-all books (LON, BOC and GSG) in that part of their factions have already been built out with the introduction of Idoneth, DOK, Fyreslayers and KO (BOC not withstanding the inclusion of Tzaangor) .  I would also imagine that we'll see something big for Humans, as the relatable window into the Mortal Realms, that has a less generic (German) feel. Possibly realm themed forces, with different Allegiance abilities and visual signifiers depending on the realm they hail from.

GW is clearly trying to move away from the more generic fantasy tropes and the visual-style of the new releases is an indication of this. We will likely continue to see small factions used as inspiration for larger releases (part of the old High Aelf faction used to create the much rumoured Light Aelves for example), but it would seem an odd change of direction to organise along racial lines, not to mention an unnecessary labour when the groundwork has already been laid.

Just my perception. I've certainly been surprised by GW before and there does appear to be an appetite for an Aelf or Duardin book from reading this forum, it just feels as though it would run counter to the work and effort GW has already made.

Slightly more on topic (although in my defence it's hard to tell what's off topic in this thread these days 😉): I'm sure I've heard mention of a second set of generic Endless Spells available to all factions, which would fit the 'something for everyone' line. Would be a little lack luster given previous LVO, etc. reveals, but was where my mind went. I'll try and remember exactly where I got that from...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tzaangor Management said:

I'll try and remember exactly where I got that from...

it was announced on the community site at the very start of the year.

• Thanks 1

Yep Battletome Free Cities would be fantastic possibility for GW to unite those factions 

• Like 2

Given the language they've been using (implying stuff usable by all factions), it seems pretty likely they'll be announcing some sort of new Endless Spell set at LVO. I think it'd make sense for it to be part of a new campaign box, kicking off the next phase of the Soul Wars. 

• Like 1

The reveal isn't until 9pm in the USA so its something like 3-4 am in the UK. So basically if you're in the USA get ready for some late night joy; if you're in the EU might as well pull an all nighter OR go to bed and wake up early to news! And if you're in Ozland er - I dunno what time that would be early evening? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, CaptainNippon said:

How long before we can expect news from LVO today?

18 hours from now if my time zone maths is correct. GW have been teasing 40k vigilus news. I think this will be the big focus of the event. I'm not expecting much for AoS. Maybe a teaser video for Darkoath with art and an underworlds warband. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, robinlvalentine said:

Given the language they've been using (implying stuff usable by all factions), it seems pretty likely they'll be announcing some sort of new Endless Spell set at LVO. I think it'd make sense for it to be part of a new campaign box, kicking off the next phase of the Soul Wars. 

I'd expect a new generic one and several more updated tomes like they've done with Carrion. Because Tomes, spells and terrain are all China produced GW can bulk up on them more so by placing more orders without the same pressure on their own factories and expenses of moulds. So they can go to town pushing out those things and it updates the game at  a quicker pace. 

I'm expecting a fair bit of news for both games because, right now, they've released (or are releasing) everything they've previewed thus far. AoS has nothing on the preview window right now save for "Slaanesh sometime" 

Edited by Overread
  • Like 1

Well, Black Legion release would be also a good moment to tease Chaos Undivided for AoS, so I also believe in some info about Darkoath.

1 hour ago, Ar-Pharazôn said:

What are the possibility of "do-over" battletomes? Where they go and rewrite, revise, etc some of the older books and AoS factions that haven't held up as well as newer factions. 

Quite likely in my opinion. I would say anything that has had a Battletome will be getting a updated one if they need it as well as some new models (very least Endless Spells). But wherever that will happen now or later, I'm not sure. I would guess we would see the Ironjaws, Fyreslayers and Seraphon before the next Generals Handbook though. This is because I suspect they have had additional rules and formations in the book but I think we will see the book become more a place to collect the White Dwarf articles alongside the other updates.

But I wouldn't count on it as GW seem not to be running out of steam with the releases and we may see a lot of other stuff before that happens! ;) 

16 minutes ago, Overread said:

And if you're in Ozland er - I dunno what time that would be early evening? 

In Oz the preview takes place at eleventy twelve, last June, about afternoon snack time.

Either that or my astrological chronander is horribly behind. I never should have trusted that weezily blue-skinned monk outside the gates of Excelsis who sold it to me but he gave me SUCH a good deal...

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Carnelian said:

In Oz the preview takes place at eleventy twelve, last June, about afternoon snack time.

Either that or my astrological chronander is horribly behind. I never should have trusted that weezily blue-skinned monk outside the gates of Excelsis who sold it to me but he gave me SUCH a good deal...

Hehe that’s some diskworld timekeeping right there! 🐢(by lack of seaturtle)

Regarding the LVO seminar, I think that for AOS we shouldn't set our hopes too high ; 

The way I'm seeing it, we should take the LVO seminar from last year for AOS and 40k, and reverse it. https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/01/26/new-codexes-factions-our-heroes-and-more-breaking-news-from-the-las-vegas-opengw-homepage-post-1/

That would give us :

- For 40k, a full reveal for the Black Legion at Vigilus II, with just a tease for Abaddon at the end (because the countdown for him end in March, and because last year they just showed the tail of Morathi serpent body). So the main subject of the seminar. 

- For AOS, maybe 1-2 future one-week-only Battletome (with endless spells and scenery), maybe 1-2 WHU warbands reveals (Kharadron and Sylvaneth), and that's it. And mayyybe a little trailer for Slaves To Darkness (who I believe will come mid-2019, before Slaanesh at least).

But GW does not follow strict pattern (to say the least)... So maybe I'm completely wrong 😛 

P.-S.  ; I quite like this focus on Chaos Universal and Deamons going on now between 40k, the Horus Heresy and probably AOS with the Slaves To Darkness. Hope we'll get new plastic Furies and Be'lakor ❤️ 

51474539_10218202156155959_9221647238118244352_n.jpg

• Like 2

I think they should release endless Spells for all factions and army specific Spells for recent Battletomes like Maggotkin,LoN,DoK and Deepkins as they wont get updated books anytime soon

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DantePQ said:

I think they should release endless Spells for all factions and army specific Spells for recent Battletomes like Maggotkin,LoN,DoK and Deepkins as they wont get updated books anytime soon

I'm 100% sure that is GW's long term plan. It's more a question of when we get them rather than if. 

It's also true that they are likely to release terrain for every faction as well; again its a question of when rather than if. 

I think it will come along with generic endless spells as it makes sense to make some kind of event out of it. 

Terrain is a neat idea but there aren't many "new" armies without terrain - only DoK and KO rest of armies are due to rerelease like FEC with terrain so it makes sense to release endless spells for Nurgle, DoK, Deepkins and LoN

3 hours ago, Barkanaut said:

BCR say hi.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

I hope ko have reason to be happy soon. We need help GW. 

2 hours ago, robinlvalentine said:

I'll be so annoyed if it's another Stormcast box set...

4 hours ago, Barkanaut said:

Considering that KO were one game away from winning the biggest AoS tournament ever held (CanCon 2019) and only lost to the champion in the final, I don't they're too badly off.  They also won a GT in Japan a few months ago, so they're definitely not a bottom-tier faction like Slaves to Darkness, Everchosen, or Dispossessed.

I agree Ironjawz are not in a good place though.

If you use two megabosses and nothing but brutes you can win with ironjawz but that's a very boring army. 

26 minutes ago, The_Yellow_Sign said:

I'll be so annoyed if it's another Stormcast box set...

Honestly looking at Stormcast its getting hard to work out what they can practically add to the faction. About the only thing I can think of them having more of are monstrous and warengine models. Troops and elites and heroes wise they are very well stocked for - if not overstocked to the point where they are tripping over each other. 

GW pushed them out hard to get them from nothing to something and its done great; they really need to just leave them alone now and only use marketing to push sales whilst improving other armies. I'd wager many SC players are still collecting and building their armies anyway so its not as if there' sa huge burning need for more models.

My impression is that whilst SC are Marines in Fantasy they are not marketing nor selling like marines; which is a good thing. I think AoS has retained that Old World fantasy edge in that there's a wider spread of factions doing well rather than one doing obscenely well. That's a healthier position for all parties.