• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So we apparently we finally got Bretonia re-release 😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 3

4 minutes ago, Blightzkrieg said:

So do we foresee most/all factions as having terrain features in the future?

Endless spells was always kind of a given, but it's surprising to me that we have all these armies lugging buildings at each other.

I think it because AoS has a lack Terrain pieces so it there way of making battlefield more colorful

The much rumoured spawning pools???

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

4 minutes ago, Blightzkrieg said:

Endless spells was always kind of a given, but it's surprising to me that we have all these armies lugging buildings at each other.

We got no Nighthaunt or Legions of Nagash terrain(though LoN got a terrain type rule with grave sites, so I could see a kit for those one day). I think everyone else got something terrainish last year, except Daughters of Khaine, though the Avatar is sort of terrainish.

10 minutes ago, Overread said:

Gutbusters I'd peg for a later release with a big model count. If just because so much of their range is still resin (finecast). 

I would wager GW could likely get away doing several duel kits for them - a lot of armies like Flesh Eaters and Daughters of Khaine are doing rather well with small model counts and yet making up for it with a heavier reliance on duel kits. Heck Gutbusters might even end up with trio or quad kits considering how the backbone of their army is more unique characters than dedicated swarms of infantry. 

A single kit that can build four or more hero types would be more than suitable for them and let GW sweep four or five resin sculpts off the shelf in one powerful swoop. 

I'd certainly love some standing ogor plastics with different leg poses than (A) or (B), left foot forward or right foot forward. Wider stances on something with the gutplates, head and arms still totally interchangeable like all the other stuff. 

I'd love a crazy customisable maneaters kit that would be worth every penny for the sheer variety and quantity of bits. 

Ah geez. I need that now. Dangit

Edited by Walrustaco
  • LOVE IT! 1

I knew they wouldn’t forget the birthday of mighty Skreech Verminking.

No wonder they announced  the release of a mixed skaven force today😂

edit: what could there be possibly better

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

2020 is the year of the Rat in the Chinese calendar. Just saying. ;)

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Blightzkrieg said:

BCR should get a massive glacier thing.

• Like 1

Just now, Yokai said:

2020 is the year of the Rat in the Chinese calendar. Just saying. ;)

And in skavenblight  it’s every year, 

Just saying 🤗

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So we finally get to find out what's up with Thaquol? Wooooo! Unless his model becomes a generic hero. 

Is REVENANT a horror keyword and SERF a ghoul keyword? 

Man, those skaven Gnawholes look great. A bit disappointed with the FEC stuff: nothing playing to the theme of duality in delusion? Boo! 

1 minute ago, Klamm said:

That's what I imagine. But it only makes sense if we have at least 2 types of SERF, doesn't it? So that's at least one new thing.

2 minutes ago, Klamm said:

I expect so, to manage summoning.

1 minute ago, Klamm said:

So we finally get to find out what's up with Thaquol? Wooooo! Unless his model becomes a generic hero.  

I hope not! But if he does maybe he could be a hero behemoth with the Masterclan, Skryre and Moulder keywords.

• Like 1

FEC could really use some more units and skaven some updates or replacements, but overall this is looking really good.

Love the Gnawholes and Endless Spells for both sides. I am in no position to start Skaven right now, but I'll try to pick up the Battletome, should be some juicy art and lore in there.

Considering they just dropped the second wave of GSC, two Battletomes with terrain and Endless Spells and Carrion Empires in one week I am really curious what is up next and how long they'll keep up the pace like this.

The only thing remotely previewed and not released at this point is the last two Nightvault Warbands and even those have only been shown as art so far. Though the future sure looks Chaosy, with Darkoath, Chaos Space Marines and Slaanesh being thebiggest contenders for the next big releases.

Just now, lord_blackfang said:

That's what I imagine. But it only makes sense if we have at least 2 types of SERF, doesn't it? So that's at least one new thing.

You can build a  Crypt Ghast Courtier out of the ghoul kit. 

4 minutes ago, Klamm said:

You can build a  Crypt Ghast Courtier out of the ghoul kit. 

Since you can't field them in units of 20, that's pretty irrelevant to the topic.

54 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

What do you think they will show for aos at LVO? I was expecting the tomes for these factions to be part of that. 

Black Legion for 40k will be the focus I think. 

I expect more tomes that update either old battletomes or microfactions that don't need new models, like freeguild or dispossessed and a trailer for the StD release, like the ones Gloomspite Gitz got during Blood and Glory.

1 minute ago, lord_blackfang said:

Since you can't field them in units of 20, that's pretty irrelevant to the topic.

Ah, I can't read the rest of the text on the card. You're saying it's an ability that effects units not heroes? In that case, who knows, maybe there's more stuff on the way. I doubt it, going by the article, but there's always a chance. 

1 hour ago, Morovir said:

Pre-orders for next week:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/02/03/pre-order-preview-carrion-empire-and-genestealer-cults/

I don't think anyone expected this much this quickly.

This update just helps solidify the path GW is taking with releasing their battletomes, which imo is probably the best and most effic ient way forward. Here's to hoping by end of year or start of next year we'll have even more combined army tome releases.

One of thing I think people aren't fully pointing out is the fact that aside from SCE the new FEC is the first ever updated battletome from the Kirby era AoS 1.0 days. This is now solid proof that GW is willing to fully update the older battletomes, something we as a community have been hoping for but never really had any evidence of it actually ha ppening until now.

The future looks bright for AoS, let's just hope the momentum of releases keeps going.

• Like 8

Must not make nighthaunt spirit well out of gnawholes,  Must not make nighthaunt spirit well out of gnawholes, Must not make nighthaunt spirit well out of gnawholes,

Those zombie horses look awesome, I can see them beeing used as mounts instead of a spell... I wonder why their heads are skulls though, and not zombie horse heads.

44 minutes ago, Overread said:

I just noticed that with this release Grand Alliance Death becomes the first to have all their currently advertised armies with a new Battletome! Of course this assumes GW doesn't release another tome or recombine models or unleash something new. However it means that Grand Alliance Death is now the most up to date in the whole game! 

Chaos and Destruction hot on its heels with Order lagging (partly due to aelf faction spam). 

I could see a battletome that's just vampires, as they are more independant than say skelletons or zombies. It could bring updated plastic Blood Knights, Blood Knights on foot, so they can have some elite infantry battleline, maybe some sort of feral vampires and skelletons or zombies as chaff. A lot less focus on regenerating hordes of undead and more focused in the vampires themselves and their blood sucking mechanics.

33 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

We got no Nighthaunt or Legions of Nagash terrain(though LoN got a terrain type rule with grave sites, so I could see a kit for those one day). I think everyone else got something terrainish last year, except Daughters of Khaine, though the Avatar is sort of terrainish.

In the second Stormcast podcast, the designer of the BoC mentioned they were planning on releasing apiece of terrain for every army moving forward.

• LOVE IT! 1

3 minutes ago, S133arcanite said:

Must not make nighthaunt spirit well out of gnawholes,  Must not make nighthaunt spirit well out of gnawholes, Must not make nighthaunt spirit well out of gnawholes,

Yes-yes, instead join the great horned rats pantheon, we know-see you want to!!😂

• Like 1

It is great that they are releasing these tomes but man the FEC terrain and both of the sets of endless spells are awful. After Gloomspite they are a real step down.

• Like 1