Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

3 minutes ago, Kirjava13 said:

Hm. I don't know how to feel about this. On the one hand... great! A battletome, dice, terrain, spells... These are Good Things. On the other, I feel like this pretty definitively closes the door on new Skaven models for a while, especially on the Gloomspite-style launch I really had my fingers crossed for. 

Bit disappointed if I'm honest, though that's not to say I'm not grateful for what we're getting.

Well this is the preorders for next week; it doesn't mean that there are no more new models of course; just that this is what will be sold next week for preorder. So  both armies could get a few more new things. Even if not its still a major release and the battletome for skavn will solidify what remains for the range. 

Just now, Nos said:

That’s a very small Skaven army 

It's an elite force of skyre rats so no clanrats and instead focusing on more expensive heavier hitting modes

Also that front cover confirms it - GW has been shaving Skaven! Even the artwork now has them shaved of fur on their arms and legs!! Darn it we must change this!! Otherwies soon they'll be built like stormcast with just bucktoothed faces :P

• Like 1

Much as I can understand FEC players and especially Skaven players being upset at the lack of new models, I'm really pleased to see GW committing to rapidly 'tidying up' AOS's mess of factions. 

Pretty sure GW will revisit skaven for a new exciting army in the future. See these books as placeholders, better to have something thst makes your army decent now than be left in limbo for the next year or more while other stuff is worked on. 

I do wonder though why the Skaven Warscroll cards are in Chinese

• Haha 1

Looking forward to more representation from both. Of course with three essentially new armies hitting the meta what little balance there is is probably going out the window but it’s going to be fun! 

Glad I kept my FEC start Collecting set. Although doubt that I’m going to find the enthusiasm to paint all those derpy wee guys anytime soon.

4 minutes ago, robinlvalentine said:

Much as I can understand FEC players and especially Skaven players being upset at the lack of new models, I'm really pleased to see GW committing to rapidly 'tidying up' AOS's mess of factions. 

Aye, its the biggest thing AoS needs at present; far more than new epic models. Securing factions like this and confirming their future in the range and the nature of that future is a huge thing and opens up a lot of doors for new players. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Overread said:

Aye, its the biggest thing AoS needs at present; far more than new epic models. Securing factions like this and confirming their future in the range and the nature of that future is a huge thing and opens up a lot of doors for new players. 

Agreed. Its nuts that you can't point new players to a battletome for their chosen army in all cases. Trying to catch everyone up with endless spells and often special terrain seems important as well, although on that front I'm guessing it is more of just a good business move/something easy to make and sell.

2 minutes ago, Overread said:

true but I would never encourage a new player to buy any resin models from the GW store if they didn't know want they were doing.

3 minutes ago, Overread said:

Yeah, I admit I am a bit disappointed that we did not some new FEC models,  but  at least they are not languishing for years like the GW of old. 

4 minutes ago, Overread said:

Yeah I mean technically they could release new minis, any time later.

especially if they are going to just replace some old kit.

Just now, Skreech Verminking said:

Yeah I mean technically they could release new minis, any time later.

especially if they are going to just replace some old kit.

well they usually only do it when there a new Tome or codex releases unless your stormcast or a shadespire release

Who the hell saw that coming? xD

Congrats @Skreech Verminking, you dirty, smelly rat xD

For a battletome to just fly outta nowhere, consider me hyped for the year haha

Edit: Also, those dice are sweet

Edited by Shankelton
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Overread said:

Well this is the preorders for next week; it doesn't mean that there are no more new models of course; just that this is what will be sold next week for preorder. So  both armies could get a few more new things. Even if not its still a major release and the battletome for skavn will solidify what remains for the range. 

It's an elite force of skyre rats so no clanrats and instead focusing on more expensive heavier hitting modes

As much as I would have liked FECed bretonians cavalry, the horses endless spells is bloody cool!

Remember this isn't an enveryting show - this is what's coming next week - they could still have a wave 2 of models for either army 

• Like 1

Just now, Shankelton said:

Who the hell saw that coming? xD

No one - not even NDA Breacher :P

• Haha 6
  • LOVE IT! 1

Just now, Overread said:

Remember this isn't an enveryting show - this is what's coming next week - they could still have a wave 2 of models for either army 

Exactly. I think LVO is next week? So they could show more miniatures at the preview seminar. 

Also theory... 

GW are releasing two battletomes in one week because the release schedule for the year is packed. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 7

Well, that was the final nail in NDA's shitpost coffin, wasn't it?

As a FEC player, sad for no plastic Varghulf, but what we're gettign is already beyond my wildest dreams.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Just now, HollowHills said:

Also theory... 

GW are releasing two battletomes in one week because the release schedule for the year is packed. 

I think its also because they likely got a lot of complaints about their duel kits last year - whilst they were solid ideas leaving genestealer cultists wiating almost half a year is a huge marketing blunder when you entice them with a duel kit and a new model or two in it. This way GW is maximising the impact of this new set by launching the tomes as well. A double hit that will likely really surge sales! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Overread said:

I believe they would have tease something at the end of the article if that was the case

1 minute ago, HollowHills said:

Also theory... 

yeah I think the 40K event in March is going to be big

I spy some Bretonnian heraldry on the FOC’s endless spell fence thing. 

Well, the fleur di lis anyway.

Just now, lord_blackfang said:

Well, that was the final nail in NDA's shitpost coffin, wasn't it?

As a FEC player, sad for no plastic Varghulf, but what we're gettign is already beyond my wildest dreams.

Yeah, what a shot in the arm for both Skaven and FeC! I'm pumped for everyone who's planning to collect them. Can't wait to see them pop up more in the meta

• Like 2

I'm sure a lot of people would rather they get a battletome sooner rather than one with models later. (ME I would like that for me)

FEC has like 13/14 units if you count the riderless beasts and the new guy. It's okay for some factions to be on the smaller side. Most of the models are plastic and new and look great.

Skaven are sort of the opposite. Combined , they're a massive faction, only a lot of their models are outdated looking. A lot are also new and incredible though.

I think these 2 factions should be delighted to be getting these releases. New characters, new times. New spells or terrain!

One of these days that will be me who is delighted :)

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Overread said:

Don’t you think they would hinted at it?

Anyway, I am not collecting them (yet), but I am tempted to buy the battletome just for the best faction lore  ever writen