Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Makes sense to soup Aelves.

Skaven IMO should never have been broken up into micro factions in the first place. Strange Kirby era decision. Hopefully the Skaven battle tome comes with a bunch of new Skaven minis, given many of their range are still finecast if I'm not mistaken.

1 hour ago, 123lac said:

Makes sense to soup Aelves.

Skaven IMO should never have been broken up into micro factions in the first place. Strange Kirby era decision. Hopefully the Skaven battle tome comes with a bunch of new Skaven minis, given many of their range are still finecast if I'm not mistaken.

There are even some minis made of metal (Acolytes) 

15 hours ago, Kramer said:

Haha being critical instead of complaining shouldn’t be a exercise ;) but your right on all points. Irs all about personal preference  

Well apparently noone is getting my last sentence right ;)

• Like 1

How large do people reckon the Skaven and FEC releases will be?  

21 minutes ago, Enoby said:

How large do people reckon the Skaven and FEC releases will be?  

I reckon the carrion feast or w/e it's called is a little taste tester to whet everyone's appetites.

I think Skaven will get a big release, like Gloomspite Gitz in scale. They deserve it. But probably not until 2020 (year of the rat?).

FEC I'm not so sure about. They're a cool faction but I'm just not sure how many varieties of ghouls you can really make?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eciu said:

I think we all get it but we're just trying to rise above it... (which I've now failed! 😂

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, 123lac said:

FEC I'm not so sure about. They're a cool faction but I'm just not sure how many varieties of ghouls you can really make?

Endless varieties? The options are endless really. GW has all kinds of options, from difference in size, but also wings no wings. So going from that you could have ghouls mutating more towards walking on four legs, thinking they are the warhounds, of extra legs centaur like thinking they are mounted knights. etc. etc. 

But also ghouls starting from different creatures/races could lead to all kinds of cool design choices. Not to mention different beasts for ghouls to ride on. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, eciu said:

Or they don't care about your endless bickering and your attempts at being smart 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Benkei said:

Or they don't care about your endless bickering and your attempts at being smart 

Obviously, only happines&unicorns here :)

Not being rude or obtrusive is not "happines and unicorns". It's good maners.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

3 hours ago, 123lac said:

They managed to make lots of different variations of ghosts... I'm sure they can create a ton of different ghouls if they wanted to. 

Hell, given how the FEC are heavily influenced by medieval courts, some believing Nagash is their God, some hating him for what he has done to the carrion king, they could really do a cool expansion of "religious zeal"... Turning the narrative more into a power of the church (ie Nagash) vs power of the state (represented by the abhorrents).  It would be a near perfect reflection of the madness of medieval power struggles by the juxtaposition  of worship of Nagash as god vs military power of the courts. Getting that narrative of the rogue king who defied Nagash while the mordants still worship him, could really highlight the somewhat complex relationship between Nagash and the ghouls.... No direct control, but some form of it through other means. 

Priests, bisschops, archbisschops carried on bone palanquins by crypt horrors, ghouls dressed in ragged clothing as flagellants , ghouls running around with femurs turned into blowpipes as representation of archers, catapults made out of carcasses wheeled in by these decrepit creatures etc. Make it looks and play more like a twisted version of a holy siege crusade .

Anyway, apologies for a bit of wish listing in the rumour thread. 

• Like 8
  • LOVE IT! 4

12 minutes ago, Elmir said:

They managed to make lots of different variations of ghosts... I'm sure they can create a ton of different ghouls if they wanted to. 

Hell, given how the FEC are heavily influenced by medieval courts, some believing Nagash is their God, some hating him for what he has done to the carrion king, they could really do a cool expansion of "religious zeal"... Turning the narrative more into a power of the church (ie Nagash) vs power of the state (represented by the abhorrents).  It would be a near perfect reflection of the madness of medieval power struggles by the juxtaposition  of worship of Nagash as god vs military power of the courts. Getting that narrative of the rogue king who defied Nagash while the mordants still worship him, could really highlight the somewhat complex relationship between Nagash and the ghouls.... No direct control, but some form of it through other means. 

Priests, bisschops, archbisschops carried on bone palanquins by crypt horrors, ghouls dressed in ragged clothing as flagellants , ghouls running around with femurs turned into blowpipes as representation of archers, catapults made out of carcasses wheeled in by these decrepit creatures etc. Make it looks and play more like a twisted version of a holy siege crusade .

Man this is awesome, if its not going to happen a release like that your suggestion could be an awesome themed army.  

Also I think skaven will not have a huge realese but just new models for old units (skryre in particular) : they already have centerpiece models but maybe GW would expand the range and lore of eshin with some other realese in the far future. (tough as a skaven player for the last 10 years i would love a tons of new models but that is unrealistic) 

🚨🚨RUMOUR WARNING! 🚨 🚨 

well at least what passes for a rumour these days. A very controlled sneak peek courtesy of GW

who will claim it first? Grots  or skaven? I wonder?

980BC76E-B2A8-419B-A5E7-B36A182F4F4B.jpeg.4fdfb0be92ed838511175a3cd1d9c39b.jpeg

Hey is the Khorgos Khul model being sold on the GW store for anyone else, I can't seem to find him. Has he been removed?

3 minutes ago, BrownDog said:

Hey is the Khorgos Khul model being sold on the GW store for anyone else, I can't seem to find him. Has he been removed?

he's not showing on the site here (Belgium)

1 hour ago, Kramer said:

who will claim it first? Grots  or skaven? I wonder?

None have the tech or quality for this rumor,  Warhammer 40k is the most logic answer.

Clearly KO!!!!!!

Edited by Beliman
  • Haha 1

Its the Kharadron Overlords Shadespire warband imo.

14 minutes ago, Beliman said:

None have the tech or quality for this rumor,  Warhammer 40k is the most logic answer.

Clearly KO!!!!!!

Haha nearly got me!! Well played 

I can’t remember in which article but they posted something about new generic endless spells. Did anyone hear anything more than this or did we already conjectured what this may mean?

A bit off topic, but for how much endless spells look good, are predatory spells used successfully and/or consistently in real games?

@alghero81 "Endless spells have become a much-loved part of Warhammer Age of Sigmar, with every army having the option to take their choice of summoned sorceries. In 2019, we’ll be seeing even more, including powerful and strange new options available to any faction…"

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/01/01/1st-dec-the-top-5-things-to-look-forward-to-in-2019gw-homepage-post-3/

No more news since then...

Edited by JPjr
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BrownDog said:

Removed when they created the start collecting sets based on the SC and Khorne content of the original AoS box set (or not long after anyway)

2 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

I can’t remember in which article but they posted something about new generic endless spells. Did anyone hear anything more than this or did we already conjectured what this may mean?

A bit off topic, but for how much endless spells look good, are predatory spells used successfully and/or consistently in real games?

It was announced somewhere over Christmas as a general thing to come, but we've only been told they are coming with no hint as to what they might be.

As for predatory spells they have a lot of uses, but are very positional critical. Because of how control swaps over (or can swap over) you need to position them carefully so that when they are used you leave them in a position where your opponent cannot fire them easily back at you and, at best, can just deflect them. So you can guarantee one good turn from them and thereafter its more of a risk; but it varies. Eg the Pendulum can only move one way; so all your opponent can do is slow it for a turn by hardly or not moving it. Meanwhile others can drift or move more freely. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Elmir said:

I am predicting that they probably going to release Ushoran finally since he is currently the only Named character for FEC that running around in AoS and he probably going to be the head honcho for all the ghoul

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

Usually they don‘t do much (except for the SCE Comet)

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the answers. Yes that’s what I meant, I mean better a wizard more than an endless spell when army building but I’m no tactical expert.

It is nonetheless interesting they are expanding on generic spells so maybe it’s coming also a rules update? They did mention the main plot continuing this year and the two could be linked...