Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

Another info about AoS RPG:

- only Order factions as PC in Core Book (understandable)

- classes as pre-built "archetypes"

- bestiary with monsters and mundane creatures 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not my model but look at the shield similar pattern. Although the spiky parts are more curved in the rumour pic. So maybe seraphon underworlds warband

848586114052344_566687073532389_280639872_n.jpg

Edited by ageofpaddsmar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not even close. Rumour engine looks for me similar to insect wings - maybe vespid adventurer for  WHQ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't say not even close. The smaller part of the shield where thet are closer together its very similar other the the curves. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But on this shield we have grooves between scales and on rumour engine it's more like veins on  dragonfly's wings

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Grumulzag said:

So I know it's a bit of a longshot but I've seen some rumors about older Battletomes getting updated this summer (with new rules, their own terrain pieces, endless spells, etc.) and I'm wondering if the Beastclaw Raiders were apart of these rumors or whether I'll have to wait a while before an update?

i dont know where the rumor came from or how valid it is, however if we assume its true, i wouldnt expect any army that had alligence abilities printed in their battletome to get updated, with the exception of maybe khorne due to Wrath & Rapture (the changes from that will no doubt be applied to the other daemon units making the whole book near useless due to the amount of erratas). id expect the following battletomes to get updated:
-Everchosen (rolled into Slaves To Darkness with the rumored Darkoath release)
-Skaven Pestilens (rolled into a combined Skaven book like Beasts Of Chaos)
-Fyreslayers
-Ironjawz
-Flesh Eater Courts
-Seraphon (i expect a retcon of their background making them phyiscal living creatures once again and removing the daemon keyword)

this is just speculation on my part, but it makes sense to update these before things like Sylvaneth, Beastclaw Raiders or Kharadron Overlords

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joseph Mackay said:

i dont know where the rumor came from or how valid it is, however if we assume its true, i wouldnt expect any army that had alligence abilities printed in their battletome to get updated, with the exception of maybe khorne due to Wrath & Rapture (the changes from that will no doubt be applied to the other daemon units making the whole book near useless due to the amount of erratas). id expect the following battletomes to get updated:
-Everchosen (rolled into Slaves To Darkness with the rumored Darkoath release)
-Skaven Pestilens (rolled into a combined Skaven book like Beasts Of Chaos)
-Fyreslayers
-Ironjawz
-Flesh Eater Courts
-Seraphon (i expect a retcon of their background making them phyiscal living creatures once again and removing the daemon keyword)

this is just speculation on my part, but it makes sense to update these before things like Sylvaneth, Beastclaw Raiders or Kharadron Overlords

I agree with your assessment, but I think tzeentch and KO are in the same boat as khorne demons post W&R.  There are so many erratas in these two books, and the KO ones happened 3 months after it came out... And still msrp's full cost!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joseph Mackay said:

-Seraphon (i expect a retcon of their background making them phyiscal living creatures once again and removing the daemon keyword)

This is great news for the Bonesplitterz who will finally be able to sink their teeth into some delicious dinosaur meat!

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

personally, i say update all the books whose allegience abilities are printed in the generals handbook first so they dont have to keep reprinting them every year and it frees up space for other content

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most of the above tomes are super early AoS battletomes, not even close to the template / formating of the latest tomes. They need indeed a refresh in addition to updated infos, allegiance, wizzardry (à la AoS 2à and even some new minis (in which we can count specific endless spells)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Stormcast-Eternals-Heads-Upgrade-1-2019

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Stormcast-Eternals-Heads-Upgrade-2-2019

Two sets of resin heads for Stormcast Eternals from Forgeworld! 

I wonder if they'll address alternate heads for other factions too - I hope so if only to avoid the Stormcast becoming Marines in marketing fully! 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whilst I don't think they are a priority, I think if the current trends continue then Slyvaneth may be due for a minor update to their allegiance ability. The core of their identity is that they had a unique terrain piece they interacted with but so far every release looks to be included a major terrain piece (for a grot focused armies and beast of chaos I'd say the terrain pieces are almost as core to their design as well) that gives considerable buffs. At this rate the only unique things about the ability with be the teleport and the ability to make more than one (though with multiple boats or loonshrine sized pieces it becomes harder to place them).

I'm not saying they need a buff, just something to keep their identity intact and as such something like a very minor extra to their allegiance would be good (not really sure what but personally I see their core themes as trees, healing and magic so something that interacts with one of them).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Joseph Mackay said:

i dont know where the rumor came from or how valid it is, however if we assume its true, i wouldnt expect any army that had alligence abilities printed in their battletome to get updated, with the exception of maybe khorne due to Wrath & Rapture (the changes from that will no doubt be applied to the other daemon units making the whole book near useless due to the amount of erratas). id expect the following battletomes to get updated:
-Everchosen (rolled into Slaves To Darkness with the rumored Darkoath release)
-Skaven Pestilens (rolled into a combined Skaven book like Beasts Of Chaos)
-Fyreslayers
-Ironjawz
-Flesh Eater Courts
-Seraphon (i expect a retcon of their background making them phyiscal living creatures once again and removing the daemon keyword)

this is just speculation on my part, but it makes sense to update these before things like Sylvaneth, Beastclaw Raiders or Kharadron Overlords

Hm, the question is, will Ironjaws get some new models (at the moment they have 8 choices or 9 with Ironskull's Boyz). In fact, could it be possible that Ironjaws and Bonesplitterz could share one book, still having there own two Allegiance Abilities like with Legions of Nagash (or sharing the same with different rules for there Subfaction, like with Gloomspite Gits). In case of Age there are only 3 month between both battletomes, even with the difference that Bonesplitterz was one of the First Battletomes with Allegiance Abilities.

Edited by EMMachine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Overread said:

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Stormcast-Eternals-Heads-Upgrade-1-2019

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Stormcast-Eternals-Heads-Upgrade-2-2019

Two sets of resin heads for Stormcast Eternals from Forgeworld! 

I wonder if they'll address alternate heads for other factions too - I hope so if only to avoid the Stormcast becoming Marines in marketing fully! 

Can't say I'm impressed by any of them nor the idea of the upgrade kits in general. The last stormcast all vanished basically meaning people were left with half upgraded armies. I wish they'd just put out new models instead of upgrade packs though I guess these are money makers.

As for the heads themselves, half the female ones are far too small for the bodies. The sequitor on the top right in particular looks kind of ridiculous. The males look a bit better but some are just silly and unimaginative (a lightning bolt eye patch? Seriously?). 

Also, is it just me or does the quality seem a bit off? I think it's made even more obvious since they put them on new models but I think the plastic stuff looks a lot better than these.

That said, for positives it's good to see FW releasing more for AoS (even if I can't afford any of it living in Japan...) and hopefully signals the start of an expanding of their frankly pathetic fantasy range.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Yoshiya said:

Also, is it just me or does the quality seem a bit off? I think it's made even more obvious since they put them on new models but I think the plastic stuff looks a lot better than these.

I think the problem is that because they are using a white background, they don't look quite right. Also the image with the female heads on the Stormcast bodies looks photoshoped to me, which is why they might not look quite right.

8 minutes ago, Yoshiya said:

That said, for positives it's good to see FW releasing more for AoS (even if I can't afford any of it living in Japan...) and hopefully signals the start of an expanding of their frankly pathetic fantasy range.

Part of the problem is that they have never really had a dedicated team for Fantasy/Age of Sigmar. It's only recently they've started building a team but it's only a few people so will take a while for us to see things.

 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have to say, love them. Im sure some will look odd, but the correct posing will help. Only irritation for me is ive just built all mine!

I hope they do other upgrade packs, i like being able to customize my stuff.  I appreciate some people would like new and different stuff, but everyone wants something different so you can never please everyone, but i fully anticipate we will be another batch of Stormcast-hate as usual <yawn>.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Tittliewinks22 said:

-Seraphon (i expect a retcon of their background making them phyiscal living creatures once again and removing the daemon keyword) 

Highly doubtful. Rules as written will remain as they are, Malign portents made mention that there are both memory daemon versions and physical versions now.

 

 

The stormcast heads are insane. Way to expensive. I'm normally ok with the price point GW set (even if I'd always like to pay less) but that is insane for a handful of heads. I'm also very surprised that the people on facebook that are always yelling about having more female models in the game are not complaining that there is a charge for female heads! (Though they don't have a head to stand on- as there is the male pack too!)
At this point though I'd rather make a green stuff mould of the female heads we already have than pay that sort of money.

I am surprised that they don't just add more spare heads to the stormcast kits (and a lot of other kits as well) The new troggoth kit has something like 8 alternative heads and they are large multi part. I know that is probably because they have less other options or parts but I'm sure they could find a way to squeeze and extra head or two on sprues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, RexHavoc said:

I am surprised that they don't just add more spare heads to the stormcast kits (and a lot of other kits as well) The new troggoth kit has something like 8 alternative heads and they are large multi part. I know that is probably because they have less other options or parts but I'm sure they could find a way to squeeze and extra head or two on sprues.

They definitely had a design shift with SC - the early kits have no bare heads at all. The Sequitor kit is also really bad for its lack of head variety (and pose variety too), though they ones they do have are better than the FW kit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, RexHavoc said:

Highly doubtful. Rules as written will remain as they are, Malign portents made mention that there are both memory daemon versions and physical versions now.

 

 

The stormcast heads are insane. Way to expensive. I'm normally ok with the price point GW set (even if I'd always like to pay less) but that is insane for a handful of heads. I'm also very surprised that the people on facebook that are always yelling about having more female models in the game are not complaining that there is a charge for female heads! (Though they don't have a head to stand on- as there is the male pack too!)
At this point though I'd rather make a green stuff mould of the female heads we already have than pay that sort of money.

I am surprised that they don't just add more spare heads to the stormcast kits (and a lot of other kits as well) The new troggoth kit has something like 8 alternative heads and they are large multi part. I know that is probably because they have less other options or parts but I'm sure they could find a way to squeeze and extra head or two on sprues.

With regards to the seraphon maybe both will be in the book. Like the beasts greatfrays , you could choose to be celestial demons and gain the teleport ability or choose to be physical and get another ability

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those heads look good but I agree about the white background and the photoshopped appearance of the female heads. The male ones look a lot better in the 4-panel close up image, which the female ones lack. The hair isn't amazing, mind.

They're varied too and not just in expressions or accoutrements. Nice to see some which are clearly not the usual Caucasian facial features.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, RexHavoc said:

The stormcast heads are insane. Way to expensive. I'm normally ok with the price point GW set (even if I'd always like to pay less) but that is insane for a handful of heads. I'm also very surprised that the people on facebook that are always yelling about having more female models in the game are not complaining that there is a charge for female heads! (Though they don't have a head to stand on- as there is the male pack too!)
At this point though I'd rather make a green stuff mould of the female heads we already have than pay that sort of money.

I am surprised that they don't just add more spare heads to the stormcast kits (and a lot of other kits as well) The new troggoth kit has something like 8 alternative heads and they are large multi part. I know that is probably because they have less other options or parts but I'm sure they could find a way to squeeze and extra head or two on sprues.

Thats fairly standard FW pricing.  As has been said SC previously were never without a hat, they changed that with Sacrosanct by supplying a few options in the kits (13 i think in Sequitors, 7 helmets, 6 without), but not so much they wouldnt match with original stuff. This is just a way to provide options for people who want a lot of models without helmets.

Edited by stato

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yoshiya said:

Can't say I'm impressed by any of them nor the idea of the upgrade kits in general. The last stormcast all vanished basically meaning people were left with half upgraded armies. I wish they'd just put out new models instead of upgrade packs though I guess these are money makers.

As for the heads themselves, half the female ones are far too small for the bodies. The sequitor on the top right in particular looks kind of ridiculous. The males look a bit better but some are just silly and unimaginative (a lightning bolt eye patch? Seriously?). 

Also, is it just me or does the quality seem a bit off? I think it's made even more obvious since they put them on new models but I think the plastic stuff looks a lot better than these.

That said, for positives it's good to see FW releasing more for AoS (even if I can't afford any of it living in Japan...) and hopefully signals the start of an expanding of their frankly pathetic fantasy range.

Oh its an instant buy for me. I’ll of course judge the quality then but it’s somehting I was considering anyway, was close to ordering a bunch of freeguild head for that reason. Might still for extra variety but especially female heads is a great boon 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I kind of like them, though this particular Stormcast looks like a Deadite from Evil Dead:

1181385475_WhatsAppImage2019-01-18at11_51_37.jpeg.b663c98f9a4605e4be5049a08d43e371.jpeg

I'm sure it's just the angle/lack of a paint job, but all I can think of now is "SWALLOW YOUR SOUL! SWALLOW YOUR SOUL!!"

Edited by VoodooChileIRL
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Overread said:

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Stormcast-Eternals-Heads-Upgrade-1-2019

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Stormcast-Eternals-Heads-Upgrade-2-2019

Two sets of resin heads for Stormcast Eternals from Forgeworld! 

I wonder if they'll address alternate heads for other factions too - I hope so if only to avoid the Stormcast becoming Marines in marketing fully! 

I really hope they start doing some Celestial Warbringer characters and upgrade kits

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×